what to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• lanisiddique
    lanisiddique Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Melt 1-2 tablespoons of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips with a touch of milk in microwave (about1.5 min on 50% power). Add sliced strawberries and a scoop of cottage cheese to your bowl. Warm, cold, sweet, tart and a little salty..and antioxidants all in one bowl!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I mix it with any kind of fruit. I like it best with peaches or pineapple.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetable dip
    1 large container cottage cheese
    1 envelope dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
    1/2 cup light miracle whip(you can use yogurt if you prefer)

put all in food processor and process till smooth
    if you want it thinner add bit of milk
    dip cut up veggies in it

I also just eat it plain or with fruit
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make this as a salad with dinner. The sweet/salty combo make it addicting.

Put some shredded/chopped lettuce on the bottom of a bowl. Add a 1/2 cup scoop of cottage cheese. Add one canned pear half (no sugar added!) and a sprinkle of low fat cheddar cheese on top (1-2 TBS). Enjoy! The cheddar on top might seem weird, but a bite of everything together is delicious!!
  • eraweir
    eraweir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • meghan_ruth
    Options
    I agree - I like it best with canned fruit (pears are my favorite) or with nuts and raisins.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    OMG i love the fat free small curd with a spoon of natural almond butter and a scoop of rich chocolate whey isolate and a tiny splash of unsweetened almond milk. SUPER DELISHOUS
  • heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jfruity
    Jfruity Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumping!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My husband used his to make homemade ice cream.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    We eat it with fresh tomatoes and herbs. If I need something crunchy then I add diced cucumbers or zuchini.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Special K or Kashi and eat for lunch! :)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Try low-fat ricotta, it's even better for you, no sodium. Tastes good cold or hot.

I know some people who used to mix cottage cheese with blueberries and heat it up a little. Try breaking up a graham cracker in there . . . and you'll need some splenda and vanilla too, perhaps a touch of cinnamon. Could make a nice tasting dessert !

Try beating in in a food processor with some fat free cream cheese, could make a nice dip if you can get it smooth enough. Then you could make a cheese ball or something out of it.

You could also use it to make a LASAGNE for one person, just boil up one of those long ruffly noodles until pretty much al dente (longer than you would for regular lasagne), spread it with 1/3 cup cottage cheese or ricotta mixed with 1 tablespoon parmesan and about 1-2 tablespoons egg beaters, pinch nutmeg. Spread along the cooked noodle, roll up, put in a 2 cup casserole dish for one. Top with 1/2 cup or so tomato sauce, cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes, add some lo-cal mozarrella, smoked provolone, or muenster half way through and cook until melted. Repeat as needed for other members of the fam, or just cook for yourself. My hubby could eat two of these.

Ruth
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Search for the recipe for biggest loser oatmeal pancakes on here. They are made with cottage cheese & oatmeal. They are delicious, especially if you mix blueberries in there.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love to make banana nut protein pancakes with it!!!!

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 banana
    3 egg whites
    2 tbsp walnuts
    1 tsp cinnamon
    dash of nutmeg
    1tsp vanilla extract
    1 tbsp baking powder

Blend everything but the nuts in your blender until very smooth. Pour onto your skillet and sprinkle the nuts on top. YUMMMM!!!!

This ^^^^^^^
    Sounds Yummy going to try it. Thanks
  • lrivera85
    lrivera85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with fruit, pineapples are my favorite. I also love it with a whole wheat waffle I spread it on and add some sugar free jelly to it as well, quick and easy breakfast on the run.
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here! I like sweet chilli in it piled on a jacket potato! mmmm:tongue:
  • bethlang26
    bethlang26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, I usually just use it as a jacket potatoe filler, in a salad or as a dip for celery, carrots, red pepper and apples ... but I'm going to have to try some of these other ideas some sound amazing !!