what to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kateshape
    kateshape Posts: 25
    Options
    i eat it with half a can of tuna, 100g of cottage cheese, 60g of tomatoes, 50g of cucumber, a tbsp of fresh dill and cracked pepper. It's a very low calorie but filling meal.
  • hope76579
    hope76579 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been using cottage cheese in place of ricotta cheese, so far my family hasn't noticed.
  • kk332012
    kk332012 Posts: 1
    Options
    Mix grape jelly with cottage cheese. Yummy
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I make cauliflower pizza bites....

2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (washed, dried and grated using a food processor or cheese grater by hand until rice-like or thinner – Note – Approximately one head of cauliflower)

•1/4 Cup Egg Whites
    •1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (drained)
    •1 Tsp Oregano
    •2 Tsp Parsley
    •1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
    •1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Optional)
    •1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce (Optional)

1.Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
    2.Using a healthy cooking oil spray your mini muffin tin.
    3.In a hot frying stir fry the “cauliflower rice” until the cauliflower is slightly translucent (about 6-8 minutes). Place in a bowl and let cool.
    4.Place all other ingredients the food processor and blend until smooth.
    5.In a bowl combine both the “cauliflower rice” and blended ingredients. Mix completely.
    6.Evenly spoon mixture into your muffin tin molds. Press pizza dough down evenly and firmly (*The pressing down firmly is very important to make sure these stick together).
    7.Place in your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
    8.Remove the pizza bites from the oven and let set until cool (This is also very important – let these pizza bites set in their pan for 5 – 10 minutes before removing – If you take them out while they are too hot they will break).
    9.Once cool remove from muffin tin (either by tipping them out OR by running a thin knife down along the side and popping them out).
    10.Use organic, natural pizza or pasta sauce for dipping
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas
  • Dreamline7
    Options
    Most of the responses go towards the sweet side; I prefer it as a salad/side type. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Can use fresh tomatoes, diced, or canned. I prefer canned because I like the extra juice added. Good luck!
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie cottage cheese with the fruit so I can mix it together. I still can't eat straight cottage cheese.
  • bayoubabe102272
    Options
    I like cottage cheese straight out of the package, on salad, in lasagna, and on crackers. It is great. I don't know of any recipe recipes (to cook) with cottage cheese though I would love to find some.:smile:
  • agleo821
    agleo821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to put black pepper on it and use it as a dip with reduced fat triscuits...yum
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Im making a pie crust with cottage cheese next week for my food blog lol
  • agleo821
    agleo821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make a "lazy pierogi" with it! Just saute some oinion in butter, add cooked bow tie pasta, add your cottage cheese, salt and pepper, stir ....enjoy!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese straight out of the package, on salad, in lasagna, and on crackers. It is great. I don't know of any recipe recipes (to cook) with cottage cheese though I would love to find some.:smile:

I have seen this recipe on here and everyone seems to love it.
    2 cups cottage cheese mix in 2 eggs then add in vegetables like mushrooms,onion,peppers and zucchini put it in a corning pan sprayed with Pam and bake for 25 minutes. Cool or refrigerate before eating, Great as snack or lunch. I hope you enjoy!
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    growing up, we'd eat it with apple sauce. it was SO yummy as a breakfast, but nowadays, I prefer it for dessert :wink:
  • prkross
    prkross Posts: 2
    Options
    you can put it in a blender and use it for sour cream. I like to eat cottage cheese with strawberries and other fruits.
  • chuffedasnuts
    chuffedasnuts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like it with marmite on ryvita :)
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Had some for lunch today with cucumber and black pepper. YUM!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just throw it into a bowl with some cut up fruit and eat it. Salt and pepper makes it taste better. When I was younger and I allowed myself to eat white potatoes I would bake them then have them with cottage cheese and salsa in place of butter ect. It was delicious.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I used it in a smoothie the other day with some frozen blueberries and milk.
    Same here.

I don't like really "fruity" smoothies - I prefer a balance between sweet and creamy. So I add 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese with Fage (whole fat) yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 banana, and 1/4 cup coconut milk.

When not using it in smoothies, I just add half a Ya pear, 10 grapes, and 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Perky's Crunchy Flax cereal, and pinch of Saigon Cinnamon to 1/2 of cottage cheese.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas

This :smile:

Ohh and I mix 1/2 of low sodium cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop of protein powder and then add whatever fruit I'm in the mood for.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It's marvelous with chunks of avocado, a little onion powder, and a sprinkle of salt. I use 1/3 cup in my whey protein and frozen banana smoothie every morning for the added protein, as well. I like the Alta Dena 0% milkfat a great deal.

:flowerforyou:

Edited to add that the first part - with the avocado - is meant to be eaten as a snack or side dish. Using it in a smoothie is a separate suggestion. :-)