Do you donate blood?

Options

Replies

• Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    I use to all the time, but after my Anthrax shots I have to see when I can again.
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    Yes I do :smile:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Yes. Actually wearing a T-shirt I got that says "I'd rather be donating blood" (so not true)
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Technically I don't donate, I trade blood for cookies whenever I am eligible. :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Technically I don't donate, I trade blood for cookies whenever I am eligible. :)

Haha sounds like me. One Baskin Robbins was offering a pint of ice cream for a pint of blood, hell yeah
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options

Love it!! :wink:
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    yes I certainly do!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I do! I can't at the moment because of some medical treatment, but will be able to again in a few months
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I always donate when I can. In the past my iron's been too low which is a bummer but lately it's been really great.
  • SRMcEvoy
    SRMcEvoy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have donated 27 pints. And got the chance a few years back to donate bone marrow through the unrelated bone marrow donor network. Wrote a series of newspaper articles about it. http://bit.ly/GiveMarrow
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have donated 27 pints. And got the chance a few years back to donate bone marrow through the unrelated bone marrow donor network. Wrote a series of newspaper articles about it. http://bit.ly/GiveMarrow

That's awesome! I am on the bone marrow donor registry but never donated.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i haven't been able to give in a while because i've gotten a few tattoos... but I can donate again come December! :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I donate every two months on the dot. I have gone to the same place for 4 years. I know the workers there.

I know this sounds silly, but I like to think that if I donate now, then if I ever need it, I'll get it back.

I'm O+ (universal donor), so I hope that I've been helpful to many in need!
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It takes FOREVER and yeah the finger prick hurts... :)
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would, but as far as I know I am ineligible due to all of the medications I'm on, and possibly due to the underlying health problems that I take those things for.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have been a regular donor since I was 18 (so nearly 35 years now)...

I now donate plasma or platelets, which you can do every couple of weeks - the tough thing about that is that you are tied up to the machine for an hour to 90mins - I tell you I normally cant wait for them to take the needles out so I can make a dash for the little girls room!!

Knowing how many people are unable to donate, and how many lives is saved daily makes that bit of discomfort very worth while....
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to but then got blood clots and am on blood thinners so they won't let me
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    NO. I did once- then they stalked me like vampires for two years. NO MORE!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Needle phobia and unbalanced anemia. Can't happen.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i donated for personal use before. (surgery)

if they asked me to donate at a place i go frequently, i'd be more willing to.. but it's never held near me.