Replies

• etromb50
    etromb50 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree grunters and cell phones.
  • etromb50
    etromb50 Posts: 20
    Options
    Sorry ladies, you who wear the leather fingerless gloves lifting your 10 lb weights.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym anymore, but when I did I hated chatty girls. Buds that would go together and talk endlessly or cellphone talkers.

One time in particular, I got there at 5:30 am and a girl got on the elliptical next to me and started talking to her boyfriend at length on her cell. At freaking 5:30 in the morning! Either he was long distance in effing Moscow or he was the most whipped duded ever to let her blather on and keep him from sleeping that early.

Also dislike old creepy dudes in their too-short shorts going to scam on the young women. These guys never work out, just walk around looking like Xanadu fanatics.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Guilty!

Okay I have to admit, I have gone for "coffee" with a girlfriend and we decided that as long as we were going to sit our butts down somewhere and just drink coffee and gab, we'd do it on side-by-side recumbant bikes lol... I mean, it's better than nothing.

Having said that, we both worked out regularly at the time too... it's not like that was our workout. It was no different than going for a walk outside while drinking a starbucks.

Sorry.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I like to watch the news on the Tv at the gym while I'm on the elliptical. There is a row of treadmills between the ellipticals and the tv's, which are hung from the ceiling. When there Are a dozen machines not being used why do the college girls always get on the one that will block my view? I swear....those packs of college girls have one brain between them all and someone left it at the dorm.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Teenagers in the gym.

Annoying. Judgmental. Young guys.

They see an overweight chick working out and either need to give their advice or gawk and quietly make rude comments to their friends.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    I can't stand when girls go to the gym and follow guys around, but don't work out. They act so dumb around them, and it's so annoying. They just flirt with them. Ugh!
  • r3dd_dwarf
    r3dd_dwarf Posts: 1
    Options
    Curling in the squat rack
    Dips in the squat rack
    Military presses in the squat rack
    Talking in the squat rack
    Take revenge: do squats in front of the rack with the curl bars.

Challenge accepted!

My pet peeves though:

Groups of teenage guys loudly spewing the latest bro-science they read on the interwebs for everyone to hear...and them only do quater reps with ridiculous weighs...and of course the people who don't re-rack their wieghts.

On the topic of cell phones though: I don't talk on my phone but I do type away between my sets though, but it's because I'm logging my progress on JEFIT.
  • Feel_the_Waltz
    Feel_the_Waltz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I work out a lot...usually about 5 times a week. I am over weight, and I sweat...a lot...but I kick my own butt as hard as I can on a daily basis.

There are two women around my age at the gym. They are over weight themselves, but who am I to judge? I was on the treadmill one day, and noticed they walked in with starbucks frozen coffees and went and sat on the bikes. As the sipped on their frozen coffees, they sat and made fun of people in the gym. They made comments about how people looked and how much they were sweating. As they sat there, makeup on...hair done, barely moving and drinking their iced coffees, they had the nerve to make fun of other people in the gym! And let me remind you, they were not skinny by any means!!!

Isn't the whole point of the gym to work out? I don't know why I care, but I hate it when people judge others because of their weight. I hate it even more when it is one heavy person doing it to another. And then on top of that, to make fun of them for trying to improve themselves???? I would love to say a few choice words to these women!

On another note..I get really annoyed when people sit on the benches and machines and talk on their phones, while everyone else is waiting to use them!!! Gym manners people haha!

That's so terrible! I think they themselves are afraid to go out there and give it their all, so they make fun of those that do. Not looking silly is an excuse they use, but it's obviously not doing them any good.

I absolutely love when overweight people are out there sweating, working towards their goals. I want to go out there and hug them and let them know that they're doing alright. In fact, I ought to reach out to them more and provide a welcoming atmosphere for them (that's my goal tomorrow!) From personal experience I know how intimidating it is to be at the gym during the first few days, not really knowing how the machines work or how much effort you're supposed to put in. It takes a while for you to know your body and what it needs exercise-wise.

And yeah, machine hogs, gah!
  • HealthyHappyBabe
    Options
    Too much make up on women
    Loud OTT taking and giggling
    People looking at my machine to see what incline I'm on blah blah blah
    The human clouds flexing like they own the place
    And other females instantly thowing you a stink eye the second you step foot in the gym

It's a scary place ya'll.
  • Feel_the_Waltz
    Feel_the_Waltz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym pretty late. There is a row of about 10 treadmills - only two of us on them. I take one second to end... the other person is at the far right side. I'm out of cardio shape, so I'm sweatin' and workin' hard. Then some super fit girl who just got done with her Tri-Training Class comes over and takes the treadmill RIGHT NEXT TO MINE. There are so many others... but she goes right next to me. Cranks it up to 7+ and runs. Then passes gas. I swear this totally happened twice now! Ugh!

The second time it was a little more crowded - but she came next to me again. And then her buddies went on the other side of me... then they talked to each other over my treadmill. It was SO bizarre!

Hahaha, I thought I was the only one that had this problem! It's nice to have a little competition, but hey, we're all working on our own individual bodies and we've got a workout in mind. Don't make my workout your challenge.

But ya, sometimes the people next to me will pass gas and while I run I just wonder if it's my imagination, but it's happened more than once so....yeah, I'm not crazy
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    who am i to judge because I was overweight and still am...What kills me is I work out hard 6 days and a week and it bothers me when overweight people come in with a HUGE Dunkin Doughnut coffee or empty McDonald bag(yes i see the empty burger and fry containers)...they come in through away trash...sip coffee, and sit on the bike for 15 minutes and off they go home...trust me IF IT WAS THAT EASY I WOULD TOO, BUT YOU WOULD THINK 6 MONTHS LATER LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AND SEEING NO RESULTS...THEY WOULD GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1)people using the handicap autodoor openers to go into the gym....pulling the door open is to much work ? think of it as a warm up set...
    2) Hogging the squat rack for bent rows with a little bar that is to narrow for the rack
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A lot of my pet peves have already been named. And some that would definitely annoy me if they happened in my gym (no cell phones allowed in there, unless you're using it as a stopwatch). One thing that gets me every time: when somebody walks off with the clock. Yes, the one hanging on the wall. I know how long I've been going at it because there's a timer on my cardio machine but... the clock tells me what time it is. I like being able to know what time it is.

Peeking: honestly, sometimes it just happens. I'm listening to my music, staring out of the window and the gaze just... wanders. I mean, let's face it, traffic isn't the most exciting thing in the world to look at. Then, if I notice the settings, mostly I'm awed. most people go much faster than me but at a lower incline. I hate running, it hurts my knees. I'd much rather walk briskly and steeply. And since I have such a problem with it I admire people who actually do run.
  • HellsBells61
    Options
    Skinny youths in vests who hog the weight machines. Thats why I stopped going. I had a personal plan worked out for me by a PT but could never complete a circuit cos the machines were always occupied by afore-mentioned gangs. Total buzz kill.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    farting...... definitely. otherwise my gym is full of well behaved people. Large girls running and sweating are a positive inspiration, made me run as well although I have hurty knees and a dodgy back.
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I wear weight gloves and I don't do that much weight lifting...

I use them mostly for rowing or I end up with blisters on my hands and for kettle bell swings to keep my grip...

Why on earth do people get annoyed by something so petty? Are they on your hands? No. Are you probably just jealous of them? Probably.

Why judge people unless they're actually being annoying?!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ppl that hover over you when your exercising, they tut, blow and pace too close for comfort.

obviously them paying into the gym means they own the equipment and I should move when they want to use the machine I am on :mad:

edited to say ... peeking ... Im guilty!! I get bored and my eyes wander .....I stop when I realise Im doing it thou lol
  • BeebsAbs
    BeebsAbs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    guys who put their towel/bottle on a bench.....walk off do a set on a different machine the other side of the gym, then another machine before coming back to take their stuff and move somewhere else!!

TAKE YOUR STUFF WITH YOU!!!!!

i even moved items once and this big guy asked what i was doing!?!?

i said i need the bench and clearly you aint using it, he grumbled and carried on with his routine

baffling to think that you can lift all that weight but cant carry a towel and bottle to your next thing you use!!!
  • sven101
    sven101 Posts: 9
    Options
    Two things bother me:
    People who walk and talk on the treadmill - Run and shut up. If you want to stroll and chat - go walk outside, it's much prettier than staring at a brick wall.
    And people that bring food into the gym. No Joke! I was in there yesterday and someone brought in a pot noodle. I could smell it and it was putting me off doing anything. Eat outside of the gym you Neanderthal.

Feel better getting that off my chest.