• anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    Going!

touche!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The only thing that annoys me at the gym is when people don't wipe down the machines! Seriously! I realize that sometimes people forget, but today I was doing the weight machines. I make a point of wiping down every machine I'm on when I'm done. So many people don't. And they are sweaty! Even when they see me wiping down a machine, they don't. Otherwise, it's whatever. I might think to myself that drinking soda after working out isn't the best choice, but I don't know their circumstance lol.

Making fun of people at the gym is really low. That's horrible!

Totally agree. I think it's absolutely disgusting when people don't wipe down the equipment. It's like come on dude, it doesn't take very long. I don't want your sweat on me. ewww
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    What annoys me at the gym?...guys or gals, but mostly guys who wear sun glasses!!! Really?? That's just silly!!!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    People who sit on the machines and just gab away or stare at their girlfriend/boyfriend as they are doing an exercise.

This!

I mean, the gym go to is huge and and has plenty of weight equipment, but there always seem to be a group of people standing around and just gabbing away on that one particular machine that I really need to use.

That's about the only thing that annoys me. If you aren't going to use it, move on!
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    bumpy
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I work out a lot...usually about 5 times a week. I am over weight, and I sweat...a lot...but I kick my own butt as hard as I can on a daily basis.

There are two women around my age at the gym. They are over weight themselves, but who am I to judge? I was on the treadmill one day, and noticed they walked in with starbucks frozen coffees and went and sat on the bikes. As the sipped on their frozen coffees, they sat and made fun of people in the gym. They made comments about how people looked and how much they were sweating. As they sat there, makeup on...hair done, barely moving and drinking their iced coffees, they had the nerve to make fun of other people in the gym! And let me remind you, they were not skinny by any means!!!

Isn't the whole point of the gym to work out? I don't know why I care, but I hate it when people judge others because of their weight. I hate it even more when it is one heavy person doing it to another. And then on top of that, to make fun of them for trying to improve themselves???? I would love to say a few choice words to these women!

On another note..I get really annoyed when people sit on the benches and machines and talk on their phones, while everyone else is waiting to use them!!! Gym manners people haha!

That drives me and my husband crazy. Even when I run into friends at the gym we chat for 2 minutes at most and then get on to a kick *kitten*, sweaty work out.
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I get super annoyed by people who sit on the machines and talk on the Fone. Like hello I need that tricep machine ten minutes ago. Or when people come with make up an hair all fresh to stand around and talk to the trainers for an hour. Hello I have real questions. Hahaha so annoying
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What I hate at the gym?hmmm people. I use to train at midnight sometimes in order to avoid humanoids...now I have all my equipment at home. :-)
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When all I can hear is women a few machines away talking about stupid stuff.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I forgot one! I always find it really funny that people circle the parking lot for 10 mins to get the closest possible spot, then jump on the treadmill lol it's like really? You weren't willing to walk across the parking lot to go to the gym and walk?

I am the exact opposite--I always park on the other side of the parking lot...much easier to get OUT of the parking lot later...
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when people just sit on machines. I understand when you you're between sets but yesterday a girl sat on an arm machine for at least 15 minute (that's from when I started clocking) and in that time only did maybe 10 because she would only do something when here boyfriend was looking. I know at least 3 people were waiting for her to finish too.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When people don't wipe down the machines.
    Ew.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I used to be a preschool special ed teacher so I think I must have extra patience...most of what bothers other people doesn't faze me. My only real pet peeve is the guy who is usually talking on his phone while sitting on the equipment I want to use...for TWENTY minutes (I actually timed it once). And NOT working out. And he looks at you like you're nuts if you ask to work in a few sets...Or...his newest trick...he took EVERY SINGLE "extra weight" (the 5 pound bricks) that can go on the circuit strength training machines to add weight, put them ALL on one leg machine...then walked away. I waited about 10 minutes and finally asked the girls on the nearby machines about it, and then saw him on the other side of the gym, again, on his phone. I took all of the weights off and put them away in the box where they belong. I hate when people don't put their stuff away.

Other than that...I wear those fingerless gloves while lifting weights. I don't like calluses on my hands and it keeps the sweat off my hands...I can't imagine why that would annoy someone else?

I don't notice a lot of what goes on around me, especially if I am running on the treadmill. I'm too busy flinging sweat everywhere (but I DO clean up afterwards!) One lady I see at the gym regularly once told me that I have a super intense look on my face while working out, so maybe I look too fierce for people to bother...LOL...
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down the machines.
    People who stand there and watch me while I'm using something waiting for me to finish.
    When the middle aged woman in the locker room gossip about others more than any high school girl I've ever met.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    grunters.... sounding like they are having an orgasm at the machine . distracting

What if I am having an orgasm?
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    Anything but compound lifts done in the squat rack.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Those guys at the gym that think they are all that!

One time when I was doing my weight training and I was taking a quick break between reps and this scrawny kid came over. I could tell he hadn't workout a day in his life! When he came over he started to change my weight and I asked what he was doing. His exact words where, "Oh, I thought you where done! Either way you should let the real men workout."

I was shocked and angry :angry: . My respond was, "If you think you are all that let see it!" He gave me a sly look and took my place on the machine. I was doing biceps and he increased it from the 30 lbs I was doing to 40 lbs. He couldn't even lift it! He went away mumbling about the machine being broken :laugh:

Yeah but it was super annoying!!!
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    Other than that...I wear those fingerless gloves while lifting weights. I don't like calluses on my hands and it keeps the sweat off my hands...I can't imagine why that would annoy someone else?

FWIW gloves actually impair your ability to lift properly and get in the way of development of grip strength.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    By far the most annoying thing I ever had happen to me was a girl who, two months ago, told me I was "too fat to squat" and that I looked "disgusting" in the squat rack.

Thankfully, she's not the norm there, and some of the guys stuck up for me, but it was a horrible experience.

I would have to say that unsolicited diet/exercise advice would be at the top of the list then.