Why do men not see clutter?

Options
123457»

Replies

• foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I leave things laying out sometimes, so it's not just a guy problem, but the one thing that always gets me is throwing dirty clothes on the floor next to the basket. Can't you toss your underwear another three inches, so it's IN the basket?? How hard is that? If you're hoping for an opportunity to watch me bend over, this is not the way to do it!

lol....totally agree
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend plants his CLEAN clothes on the floor on the side of the bed that I sleep in. He has dresser drawers, LOL. I guess it's just easier for him when he's running late to work. I just don't like stepping on them and falling, LOL.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a fiance that does all the cleaning in the house?? lol

I cook, he cleans. The only thing he doesn't do is the bath tub... He does it all - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, garbage, etc etc.... he also does the lawn work.

Wow, lucky woman! Id say he is definitely a KEEPER!! Congrats on your engagement :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you figure out the secret, let me know. My husband is such a slob. I love him dearly, he's a great person and has a big heart but he can't pick up after himself to save his life. It drives me crazy because I like to live in a nice picked up home without tripping over stuff
    My cousin did it by putting her husbands clutter in his beloved car.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I can't see things in a fridge and yet am expected to see clutter?

Good lord...
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wish my husband didn't notice clutter!

I was thinking the same thing. I'm the clutter maker in our family. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    This is definitely not a characteristic limited to gender.

We have a very small kitchen with a bay window at the end of it. The bay window does help it feel a little more spacious...that is until my wife and her daughter proceed to put everything either of them owns that they might ever possibly leave the house with at any time piled up on the ledge under the window (purses, keys, coats, multiple pairs of shoes piled up on the floor below the window, etc etc etc). Drives me absolutely crazy to walk in the house and immediately trip over all their junk. Not to mention feeling claustraphobic when making something in the kitchen because you can only see out of half the window.
    To solve that issue, put a spider collection there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition