Today was the first time I've ever been called a fatty.

Options
kmuree
kmuree Posts: 283 Member
In my entire life of being overweight (roughly ten years now), I've never been blatantly told that I'm fat. Curvy, yes. A little chubby, yes.

A male co-worker of mine was joking around about craving some cookie dough, and when a female co-worker of mine asked what we were talking about, he said, "Don't worry about it, (name), I'm talking to a fatty about something."

I feel numb. I can't even cry.
I feel like saying, screw you.

You can fix fat. You can't fix ugly. :angry:

It's not in my nature though. Why bother wasting my energy?
I feel so ugly now though. I feel like everyone sees me as this walking pocket of fat.

I want to just get on the treadmill and run forever.

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Don't let one jerk bring you down. He isn't worth your time or attention, so don't give them to him. You are fine.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Don't let one jerk bring you down. He isn't worth your time or attention, so don't give them to him. You are fine.

^This.

He's a jerk. There are LOADS of them on this planet. Most are that way because they have their own issues.

Sorry you had to witness that ridiculousness.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, what an *kitten*.

I'm so sorry he did that. You are NOT a fatty.

hugs*
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I hope ou have a husband or boyfriend who can kick that DB's *kitten*.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of *kitten* in this world! Don't let him get you down! You are special and don't let anyone tell u otherwise.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd have called him baldy or shorty or whatever issue he had.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    He's an idiot! There is more to you than what your body looks like today. Every one of us on this sight is working hard to get in shape and live a healthier lifestyle. You have the support and kindness of thousands of us. Don't let one moron ruin your day. I do understand your need to vent, and you came to the right place! We all think your co-worker is a jerk now :)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    imagine his face when you reach your goal :)
  • autihill
    autihill Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's so rude. I cannot believe some of the things people say :grumble:

You are fine the way you are! Don't let a rude-*kitten* damage your self-esteem.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Spike his coffee Monday with a laxative..:devil:
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are giving one person too much power. You live this life.:smile:
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place for inspiration to start a transformation. Add me as a friend and we can keep each other moving forward.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened. People can be such *kitten*.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Spike his coffee Monday with a laxative..:devil:

lol
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    People that say such things are insecure in their own skin so they like to pick out flaws in others. Arrogant, mindless fools. Ignore them and when you feel down, come on here and chat to us....the people that know that it takes guts, determination and a ****load of strength to go on the journey we are on. The same idiot will probably want your number soon, then Id tell him to shove it!! :-)) BTW...you are NOT ugly!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yeah what an ignorant a--hole. sorry you are dealing with this... just *try* to let it go. his stupid comment is SO not worth your time!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That is horrible! I would have said something back to him to make him aware that you won't tolerate his bs! I'm sorry that happened to you!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    you should have said " and I'm talking to an idiot about the same thing" :) and smiled and walked away....
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Some people are so insensitive. A friend called me that once. Funny thing is.... I was always in better shape than him. The moment I gained and he was the same... he took the shot at me. Guess what? Im looking decent again and he is ballooning. Karma.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    WTF who says that?! *kitten*.

Don't listen to him.