Today was the first time I've ever been called a fatty.

Options

Replies

• sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did he apologize?! I will come kick his @ss for you!
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is probably the rudest think I have ever heard of.... *kitten* Him! I applaud you for trying to not have any hate in your heart, but where the *kitten* does he get off? There isn't a single one of us that is better than anyone else. We are all different and unique. You have forgiveness in your heart and I will hope he has a life filled with erectile dysfunction.
  • fels123
    fels123 Posts: 44
    Options
    You can lose the weight but he can't have a total personality transplant.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OMG what a total a**hole. That's so unacceptable it's unreal. You are NOT UGLY and you are not, as you say, just a pocket of fat. That guy is a delusional moron. Don't let one moron's comment derail you or make you feel bad about yourself. He's not worth it. You can do this, you are doing this, and you're already beautiful, no matter what. I would say also, if you're no comfortable saying something to him,as a co-worker, if it continues, it should be reported to HR or a supervisor - it's completely unacceptable
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    He is an idiot. By your ticker, you are 190. I remember when I was in college and weighed about 190. I was out waliking with my girlfriends. A guy drove by and said, "We'll take all of y'all except the fat one." Ouch. I still remember it to this day. I used it to motivate me to get thin. And I did (later I gained a ton, but that's another story...lol).

Hang in there and try not to let him get you down!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I doubt he was being intentionally hurtful. He probably misspoke or has low social intellect.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How stupid! Some people say the dumbest things without a moment of thought... and for some reason co-workers think they can say whatever they want because they "know you" better. Ugh. Based on how you described it, it doesn't sound like he meant it to be hurtful. He might have just said fatty because of the conversation topic- still, idiot.

I dunno, but based on your photo you don't come across as "fatty" to me. Not that it matters but I'm just saying... Fat you can change, but when your an idiot, your screwed. Consider yourself the lucky one.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ummm...if you are a "fatty" I am Jabba the Hut. :ohwell: Don't listen to him. Or just call him a Douche-canoe and walk away.
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :noway: i swear...people are so horrible!!

Next time you see him tell him that "you could get rid of your big *kitten* but he cant get rid of his dumb *kitten*"

This! Don't take it personally - karma is a b****, and you can bet it'll be coming back on this guy.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    That is jut plain rude. Personally I'd be complaining to HR, but that's just me, I don't take poop from guys as I work in a male dominated field.

Don't let it get you down, I know it's hard not to, but take the negative energy and put it into a workout. He'll see who is a fatty then!!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    People that don't feel good about themselves...like to hurt others!! Just move on from it!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just throw out that you're talking to pencil **** next time...
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. I would have kicked him in the nuts & called him a girl.
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like to use "shame on you, you're too old for that"
  • mommeex6
    mommeex6 Posts: 17
    Options
    you should have said " and I'm talking to an idiot about the same thing" :) and smiled and walked away....

YESSS - perfect!
  • mpgal23
    mpgal23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Use those harsh, ridiculous words to motivate you! It sucks and it hurts to know someone, who probably never had to battle a weight issue, can use the term fatty so casually. I had a classmate call me a fatty back in middle school and I will never forget that day, but I worked out and lost a ton of weight and then saw him about 10 years later and I was in shape and he was overweight. I just smiled and walked by him very slowly so he could take it in! Now I am overweight again and having to work back towards getting in shape and I think about that situation when I feel like skipping a walk and it motivates me to get going and do some exercise!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ...I dunno. I think there's a distinct possibility that he does not actually think you're a fatty. I don't think any friendly coworker having the jibes with you would say something like that meaning it. I think he was probably just talking about the fact that you guys were talking about gobbling up the cookie dough. Men talk that way to other men, and he probably felt so comfortable that it just slipped.

Hurtful, yes, but I doubt he meant it.. or would have said it if he genuinely thought you were a fatty.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I remember in 7th grade being called fat to my face, in front of others -- and I wasn't even the heaviest kid in the class, not by a long shot! A little chub back then, but I wasn't obese.

So I've been publicly called fat, a virgin, and bunch of other horrible nicknames that I don't care to repeat. I'm actually a bit surprised anyone gets this far in life without being insulted.

**** 'em, I say.
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a douche bag!! I would like to throat chop him for you!! Please don't let people like that get you down. They tear others down so that they feel important. It's disgusting how people like that work. DO NOT let him control your emotions! You can do this girl!!
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    What an asshat thing to say! My former boss once poked me in the tummy (like the Pillsbury Dough Boy) and suggested I lose weight. You're right--he'll always be ugly. It happens--still better to be you than him!