Today was the first time I've ever been called a fatty.

Options

Replies

• placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    um.... Looking at your pic. You aren't a fatty.
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My daughters were taught by a family member to call me big momma so I get where you are coming from. It hurts coming from anyone!
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't dwell on it (easier said than done) but instead use it as motivation. When I want to cut my walks short or don't have the courage to jog a little bit I tell myself "girl you have a booty do...your stomach sticks out more than your booty do!" --yes someone said it to me. Kicks me in gear a bit.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you are anything like me it is going to bother you until you confront the guy. I would just say that he really hurt my feelings and if he plans on making insults at me again to not talk to me unless it is work related. Knowing that you hurt someones feelings tends to make you realize how much of an *kitten* your were (even if you didn't realize it)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options

You can fix fat. You can't fix ugly. :angry:

You also can't fix stupid. Just ignore that piece of trash or better yet, make a nasty comment about him toward another coworker. If he says anything about it, bring up his BS and say "all's fair, right?"
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    My son referred to me as fat. He's only 7, so it was sort of a wake up call for me. Now he comments on how thin I am.
  • Chellie74
    Chellie74 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ugh. What dbag. Always remember, just because God loves everyone - doesn't mean you have to. I dislike this guy based on principle. What a bully - I'm sorry it happened.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Shoulda punched him in the mouth.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    that actually just hurt my feelings.... that was very uncalled for ur beautiful
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. That was horribly ****ty thing to say.
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    imagine his face when you reach your goal :)

THIS!

What a jerk!!!
  • Heidihomelinda
    Heidihomelinda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are giving one person too much power. You live this life.:smile:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how old we are or how much we know we're working toward a better version of ourselves, things like that are hurtful.

I'd like to say "just ignore him, you know you're working on getting healthy and that's all that matters" but that's so much easier said than done. I'd probably stew on it, too.

Turn it into motivation. Use that as fuel to the fire so he can't say things like that anymore. Adults can be as mean as middle school girls sometimes (and good GOD middle school girls are awful).
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I in a way admire you. I would have shown ugly after he said that about me. So kudos to you your an amazing person. Don't let him get you down...Turn that anger into motivation to proove his sorry butt wrong.
    (a side note when I was pregnant with my first kid some guy yelled at me and called me a fat A*$)

*hugs* as well because I know how much that could have hurt you....
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ugh... that's gotta feel awful. But, I will throw out one thought in his defense. I know a lot of folks who call themselves "Fat kids" because they love food that's not good for them. Most of them aren't actually fat, they just like to eat. You were there, so you know how it sounded, but it is a thought.

on the other hand, if he meant it the way it sounded, then you're right... you can fix fat, but you can't fix ugly. Now... why not let your hurt and anger fuel you for a great workout tonight. Just imagine his ugly face when you've reached your weight loss goal and eat a victory serving of cookie dough right in front of him!

Good luck! Keep your chin up... I hope you feel better soon!
    Jen
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    In my entire life of being overweight (roughly ten years now), I've never been blatantly told that I'm fat. Curvy, yes. A little chubby, yes.

A male co-worker of mine was joking around about craving some cookie dough, and when a female co-worker of mine asked what we were talking about, he said, "Don't worry about it, (name), I'm talking to a fatty about something."

I feel numb. I can't even cry.
    I feel like saying, screw you.

You can fix fat. You can't fix ugly. :angry:

It's not in my nature though. Why bother wasting my energy?
    I feel so ugly now though. I feel like everyone sees me as this walking pocket of fat.

I want to just get on the treadmill and run forever.

I'd have asked him, "Oh you were talking to yourself???" Then walked off. He's a jerk... :noway: :grumble:

I know it's easier said than done (I've been there many times), pay him no mind... and if you DO get on the treadmill, it'll make you feel better in the long run!!! :wink:
  • Heidihomelinda
    Heidihomelinda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love that quote! You are awesome - don't worry about the jerk.....:)
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    Those moments suck. When I was 14 my (older by one year) sister introduced me to this guy that had a huge crush on her and this is word for word what he said- to my face:

"No way, she can't be your sister. You're so hot and she's such pig."

I cried for two days. And it still bothers me to this day- sad isn't it?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad I wasn't present. I don't think I could have let a man speak to a lady like that and let it go. You should bring it up with his boss.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Is he overweight? Was the girl skinny? I'm just wondering if he wasn't necessarily trying to insult you, but more like include you with him? Like "Don't worry about it, skinny, us fatties are discussing something".

I know it doesn't make you feel any better, and obviously he said it wrong, but I know sometimes me and my friends will do that. We even nicknamed one of my friend's cars the FG Mobile (Fat Girl Mobile) and we'd refer to each other as FG's. Not to insult each other, but to I guess make ourselves feel better that there was a group of us.

Anyway I can't imagine (unless he really is just a major jerk) that he would be flat out insulting you like that and to someone else. I could be wrong though.