What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options

Replies

• HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    I HAVE 1/2 C OLD FASHIONED OATS
    1 SCOOP OF BODY FORTRESS VANILLA CREME WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN POWDER
    A DASH OF NUTMEG & CINNAMON TO TASTE
    1 TBSP OF NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER
    1/4 C OF FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
    1 C OF ORIGINAL SOYMILK

I MIX THIS ALL 2GETHER N A MED SAUCEPAN & IT IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!!!
    THIS IS MY GO-TO BREAKFAST EVERY MRNG
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not, but I love making my own healthier egg mcmuffins in the morning. I bought a $30 toaster from "back to basics" on amazon and it actually toasts the English muffin and poaches the egg at the same time! A tasty 170 calorie sandwich is the result, which is also very filling. Sometimes I add a slice of lite cheese if I want to endulge.

By far the best thing I've purchases all year!
  • deemuffie
    deemuffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That does sound good ...thanks
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i get one of those pre-packaged fage 0% greek yogurt with honey cups, put the yogurt into a bowl and throw in fresh berries, a tbsp of almond butter, and drizzle some of the honey over it all. very filling!
  • vk2011
    vk2011 Posts: 4
    Options
    I prefer any combination of the below with some water or green tea and rice

- Miso Soup
    - Rice
    - Eggs
    - Fish
    - Salad
    - a little bit of meat (I.e. grilled chicken & salad)
    - plenty of water
    - fruit salad
    - a small glass of juice

Why is it that we have to follow breakfast dictated by advertisements?

I believe it is important to give appropriate nutrition to your body after it has been starving for 7hrs of sleep at night.
  • lizal76t
    lizal76t Posts: 13
    Options
    Chobani has "kids" size packaging now with 100 calorie greek yogurt in a few flavors (the best is honeynana which is honey and banana lol). I eat one of those and sprinkle in about 1/8 cup of granola (auroras natural) and it ends up being under 200 calories and really filling b/c of complex carbs and protein! :)
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I eat this pretty much every day:
    omelet--3 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    add: half a slice of provolone; 1/4 avocado (about 2 slices chopped); 1 cup spinach

whole wheat English muffin with 1.5 tbsp butter (I usually use Country Crock with honey)
    coffee or Earl Grey with some almond milk

Total it's about 430 calories--use less butter to get it down to 400.
  • dylan1mary
    dylan1mary Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek original yogurt with 1/2 cup dry oatmeall, banana and blackberries around 300 cal and is soooooo good!
  • julieksproule
    julieksproule Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast. Weetabix (or cheepo alternative) with hot water and Sweetex.
    113 calories... sorted!
    mmm fibre..

good luck!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Varies depending on how much time I have.

Choices usually are:

Great Grains cereal w/ skim milk

OR

Oatmeal w/ scoop of protein powder

OR

Banana and protein shake

If I have more time I'll cook a "dinner for breakfast" type deal.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    This morning:
    - 1/2 cup oatmeal, plain.
    - One egg.
    - Coffee.

Somewhere around 150 calories, I'm satisfied, and the carb/fat/protein balance is pretty good.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg with grape tomatoes:
    1 egg-70 cal
    2 egg whites- 32cal
    14g 2% shredded cheese- 40 cal
    3oz grape tomatoes sliced- 30 cal

Only 172 calories. you can always add extra veggies or a full serving of cheese to give more calories and add a slice of toast and piece of fruit and still be at or below. :)
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with chia & hemp seed, cinnamon & berries. Sometimes I add pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Sometimes I add almond butter or sunbutter.

Broccoli (heavy on the stems) sauteed in coconut oil with an over easy egg or two on top.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Heinz Baked beans snap pot and kingsmill really seeded wholemeal bread toasted (265 calories altogether) So good for you and healthy and keeps you full to lunch time!!! :-)
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries, honey and low fat natural yoghurt for 130-180 calories depending on quantities.

Wholemeal toast with fruit salad for around 180
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have my version of an egg mcmuffin with a light Thomas English Muffin, (100 cal),1 slice of Oscar Mayer sliced ham( 30 cal), a slice of kraft 2% cheese(50 cal) and 1/4 cup liquid egg white(25 ca). I make a little flat omlet and fold to fit the muffin. The whole thing is 205 cal and so filling.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    one egg, two egg whites, and four ounces (~120 g) of lean ground turkey, 2 Tbsp (~30 g) hot salsa

Fry up the turkey in a teflon pan, spray a little oil, add the eggs, cook. Add salsa, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Enjoy. Just under 300 calories, and keeps me full all morning. (no sugar or flour to spike blood sugar/insulin)
  • ravingwitch
    ravingwitch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do a strawberry smoothie. Delicious and fills you up.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My newest favorite is 3 egg white, Parmesan omelet with some veggies I saute' in a little coconut oil. (I usually do this part in advance and then pop in the microwave for a minute to cut down on my time in the morning) I only use egg whites if I'm limited on calories for the day. If not then I use the whole egg.
  • klingerl
    klingerl Posts: 2
    Options
    I am following a low-carb diet. South Beach has a great recipe: Spinach Egg Cups

1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach
    3/4 cup liquid egg substitute, or 3 whole eggs
    3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
    1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
    1/4 cup diced onion
    3 drops hot sauce (optional)

Directions
    Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.

Spray the baking cups with cooking spray.

Combine egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onion, spinach and hot sauce in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Can be frozen and reheated in the microwave.

Number of Servings: 6