What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options
123457»

Replies

• mujerebelde
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are referring to as porridge or what you make it with, but I have steel cut oats every morning (thankfully I love the flavour and texture enough to eat it that often!). I do not put any dairy in it, which cuts out a lot of calories. I make 2.5 cups dry (10 servings) at a time and my recipe comes to about 180 calories per serving with 5 grams of protein. I make it with water and apple sauce, add 2 Tblsp of honey, some ginger, and some cinnamon. I usually have it with a cup of fresh berries, so that adds more sugar and calories separately. When I do change it up I go for Liberte 2% plain yogurt and add a cup of fruit and 1/4 cup granola. If you don't like plain yogurt I would still recommend eating it but sweetened with maple syrup. I find flavoured yogurt way too sweet with too much sugar content. And you don't need to be eating 0% fat with gross artificial sweetners to be eating well :)
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a small bowl of yogurt with sunflower seeds. Some days I have scrambled eggs on toast with a slice of turkey and a small amount of cheese :)
  • cjb_39
    cjb_39 Posts: 3
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 3/4 c Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp honey....soooo yummy and keeps me full throughout morning!
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fridge oatmeal. Sooo yummy it taste like a parfait and is very filling.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I either have the following:

During the week:

1 Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffins toasted
    1 wedge of laughing cow 45 calories
    = 135 calories

1 cup of Multigrain Cherrios
    1/2 cup of Fat Free Milk
    = 150 calories

On the weekends:

1/2 cup Egg Beaters Southwest scrambled
    1 Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffin toasted
    2 tbls of salsa
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    = 170 calories

1 Latortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Whole Wheat tortilla 9"
    2 large eggs scrambled
    3 slices of Oscar Meyer Honey Ham or 2 slices of turkey bacon
    = 245 calories or if you use turkey bacon 250 calories

Love those tortillas, 80 calories 12 grams of fiber. and low carb 18...that breakfast fills me up! I don't want to eat for a few hours after it! Plus, you can always had in some fruit or veggies. I had to switch off the egg beaters because they weren't agreeing with me.

Edit: I also use Pam cooking spray to cook the eggs. Sometimes, I will use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray for the english muffin.
  • Wilstone
    Wilstone Posts: 1
    Options
    Quinoa is a great breakfast food, Serve either warm or cold with fruit and nuts.
  • LaurieInRose
    Options
    I have a couple of standards.... 1 slice of Ezekiel 4:9 bread and either a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese or 2 tablespoons of sugar-free peanut butter. I love both and feel that they keep me full until lunch!
    Good luck with your hunt. Some of these ideas sound wonderful!
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    If I've got time I like to make a nice 2-egg omelette with any veggies I have in the fridge. The other day I sauted tomato, carrots, spring/green onion (I don't like red onion), red pepper, and garlic until it smelled yummy...then added 2 eggs and a tiny amount of cheese and made an omelette! If you aren't able to flip it properly, you can always just make scrambled eggs with the veggies instead.
  • harleychix75
    harleychix75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try BetterOats Oat Fit Instant Oatmeal - 100 calories per pouch then I add a banana or some fresh fruit. You even use the pouch to measure the water to make the oatmeal. New items I've tried are an egg white sandwhich on Arnold's Whole Wheat Thins with some veggies - Super yummy and very satisfying.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My 7 day breakfast routine ... all around 300 calories or less:

M - Egg and whole grain toast
    Tu - Yogurt with 2 T granola
    We - Cream of Wheat with sweetener and a spot of milk
    Th - Whole grain toast with 1 T peanut butter and a banana
    Fr - 1 c oatmeal with 1 square of Lindt chocolate and 1 t peanut butter stirred in
    Sa - Cereal with milk
    Su - 2 of my homemade low-fat oatmeal pancakes with a bit of coconut oil and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Variety is the spice of life! =)
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    great thread!looking forward to trying some different things for breakfast! as for myself, a lot of days I end up skipping breakfast because I'm not very hungry, but when I do have breakfast, I normally eat:
    nuts (my favorite is cashews, lightly salted with sea salt) ,
    dried fruit,
    or some combination of fruit and nuts like emerald trail mixes/breakfast to go pouches or planters nut-rition ,

yogurt,
    oatmeal,
    applesauce w/ cinnamon,
    raisin bran,
    or cheese(I love cabot extra sharp white vermont cheddar, but that isn't the healthiest option :tongue: ) on crackers (wheat thins reduced fat)
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of whole wheat toast with butter (smart balance) and a poached egg! yumm
  • doxielvr
    doxielvr Posts: 7
    Options
    I love chocolate Shakeology with almond milk. It's SO yummy! 210 calories & 19g protein!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Pancakes and eggs this morning kept me more full than I can remember being in a long time....might have to go that route more often.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1 to 2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon, 1 piece of cheese... it's about 200 calories depending on how many eggs and what brand of bacon or cheese you use.
  • eodvarka
    eodvarka Posts: 30
    Options
    It sounds weird, but some mornings I'm just not all that hungry so I have 2 cups of homemade chicken soup with some brown rice. More of a lunch/dinner, but there's something about the morning that makes it yummier.
    Otherwise, I usually have a hard boiled egg and spinach wrapped inside a tortilla with some salsa, or hot oat bran cereal with some frozen wild blueberries.
    And I ALWAYS have fruit with my breakfast!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    protein shake with peanutbutter
  • kablackburn
    kablackburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    --eggs (scrambled, using a little olive oil in the pan) or hard boiled
    --Luna Bar
    --low fat Greek yogurt
    --homemade breakfast burrito (egg, onion, green pepper, cheese,sometimes ham or sausage)--for low carb, you could just eat the filling and not put it in a tortilla
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat with almond milk.. 160 calories.