Dear I love you but really....

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    To be fair and put all the information out there.. I haven't completely ruled out going somewhere/ending our relationship. And that isn't just based on weightloss or lifestyle changes. As we agreed.. relationships ARE complex.

I think that the women who like you on here appreciate your well thought out responses and that you generally seem to respond in a caring and intelligent manner. Your profile picture really doesn't hurt either.
    Some women take offense to men acting like traditional "gentlemen" and associate your generosity/feeling of male responsibility with control. Me? I actually like that men and women can be unique from each other and take different roles. I have no need to demand equality or refuse a polite gesture of someone paying for dinner because I've never felt unequal or controlled. I can appreciate that some do though.
  • w1thh3art
    w1thh3art Posts: 17
    Options
    You and I both! (passionate about beliefs)

Makes for interesting...conversations lol.
    Thanks (tattoo). I'm a big body are lover. :0)

Me too...though I only have one at the moment. I'm a firm believer that my own body art should be a product of my own imagination...and to be honest, in the last ten years...I haven't had time to take a deep breath, much less sit down and draw any tattoos for myelf, lol.

I agree that tattoos should be individual and original. I have 5 tattoos, 2 of which were my own creation, another 2, although they're by no means original or beautiful tattoos, I will never regret because they are my kids names. I have, however, been thinking about a way to present them better (add onto or around them). 1 tattoo is horrid and ridiculous. I got it when I was 17 and didn't want my mom to find out so got a generic chinese symbol on my butt. lol. It's horrid. Thank goodness, most people will never see it!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You and I both! (passionate about beliefs)

Makes for interesting...conversations lol.
    Thanks (tattoo). I'm a big body are lover. :0)

Me too...though I only have one at the moment. I'm a firm believer that my own body art should be a product of my own imagination...and to be honest, in the last ten years...I haven't had time to take a deep breath, much less sit down and draw any tattoos for myelf, lol.

I agree that tattoos should be individual and original. I have 5 tattoos, 2 of which were my own creation, another 2, although they're by no means original or beautiful tattoos, I will never regret because they are my kids names. I have, however, been thinking about a way to present them better (add onto or around them). 1 tattoo is horrid and ridiculous. I got it when I was 17 and didn't want my mom to find out so got a generic chinese symbol on my butt. lol. It's horrid. Thank goodness, most people will never see it!

I always wondered what tattoo artists who secretly tattoo generic chinese symbols on 17yr old rear ends are thinking, you know?

I think that the women who like you on here appreciate your well thought out responses and that you generally seem to respond in a caring and intelligent manner. Your profile picture really doesn't hurt either.
    Some women take offense to men acting like traditional "gentlemen" and associate your generosity/feeling of male responsibility with control. Me? I actually like that men and women can be unique from each other and take different roles. I have no need to demand equality or refuse a polite gesture of someone paying for dinner because I've never felt unequal or controlled. I can appreciate that some do though.

That's very sweet of you, and I can very much relate to the end part. I don't mind the woman I'm with dictating what I wear (within reason of course, I mean SHE has to look at me...lol), or even to some extent many of the things I do, simply BECAUSE I'm so sure of myself and who I am. What do I lose by giving those parts of myself to her? The answer is nothing, I'm still me...I still know I'm me, and to be honest...the only other person in the world who has an opinion that matters to me (other than...me!), is her.

So where's the problem?