Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i love mfp so i tell everyone. whenever someone mentions i've lost weight or that they want to lose weight or that they're even so much as remotely thinking about losing weight, i'm talking about mfp again lol
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Whenever a friend mentions they're trying to lose weight or just eat healthier, or mentions they've noticed a bit of a weight loss on me, I always refer them to MFP. Can't say enough good things about this site :)
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My physician's assistant, who shops at the same health food store I do, asked me if I knew about MFP. She's certainly encouraging her patients to be on here. Also, it's proven fact that if you have friends sharing the same goal, you will lose a greater percentage of excess and faster too.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not keeping it a secret, but I don't generally tell people what sites/forums I belong to. It really just doesn't come up.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    People tend to ask me what I'm doing with my iPod at meals, so I tell them I'm tracking my food and exercise on MFP. It comes up in conversation sometimes with friends - I think a few people in my life have downloaded the app after I've showed it to them. I also talked to my doctor about it and she said she was going to start recommending it to her other patients.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .

LOL!

I tell everyone I know. I think they're sick of hearing me go on about it! :smile:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    No, no secret. And I am doing this for me and me alone as well. But it's nice to have support from family. My husband knows, my parents know, my sisters know, my in laws more or less know, a couple of my good friends know.
    I love MFP so if I can direct someone who is wanting to help themselves here, I will try my best!
  • Iwannabealoser
    Options
    I've been a secret member for about a year, but made no progress because I wasn't actively using the program. I only checked in occasionally. When I started getting serious about it, and losing a little weight, my husband noticed and asked me what I was doing different.

Now he's on MFP too, and we are doing it together, motivating each other to eat healtier at every meal. I'm hoping now that we are both doing it, I'll have better success. :)
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've announced it to the entire world! :bigsmile:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone! Mostly because I want to share what an AWESOME thing MFP is

I'd shout it from the rooftops if I could, everyone should know about MFP and how wonderful it is! :) Losing weight is nothing to be embarrassed about. If I've learned anything over the last 13 months, it's that the more people who know you are trying to get/be/stay healthy, the more people there are to support you, both in real life and online.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    My hubby is also on here but no-one else knows except a few on-line friends I have on Facebook who are also members ( one introduced me to the site). I've not gone out of my way to say anything and as I'm doing this for me they dont really need to know.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    One friend (who is also on MFP) knows. My SO knows about it too, but only because I asked him to stay away. :P I don't really like talking about fitness with him and I really needed to separate myself from people in real life in order to feel honest here.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    People know I am on this but I won't usually accept people that i know! Fitness talk in real life gets looked at as preaching... so at least here I can be honest about this part of my life without feeling judged.
  • jobro6
    jobro6 Posts: 11
    Options

:laugh:

Ditto! :laugh:
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows, but I rarely tell him the details. My family knows I "track calories". I told some of my friends and they were pretty critical, saying calorie tracking was eating disordered behavior and wasn't sustainable. For the most part, when people ask how I've lost weight, I say, "Watch my calories and exercise sometimes."

I've recruited two people to MFP, one friend who logs about 75% of the time and a coworker whom I'm not friends with. Meeh.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Nah. I keep secrets from my computer............
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend definitely knows I am on MFP...he actually complains that I'm on it all the time. haha!

^^ This about my girlfriend... she made one and gets on it sporadically now though :laugh:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I JUST CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET A FEW WEEKS AGO! funny you should ask :bigsmile:
  • jillybean9881
    jillybean9881 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My work people know and my girlfriends, but my family doesn't. My family members have weight issues, and they think since I'm the skinny one (I've never been clinically "overweight") I shouldn't worry about my weight. I don't necessarily hide it from them, I just don't want to talk about it with them and avoid them trying to guilt me about being the skinny one.