Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone! Mostly because I want to share what an AWESOME thing MFP is

Me too!

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .

LOL...

I don't share with everyone but if asked I tell.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My brother is on here, in fact he told me about it. I have to watch what I say since he sees everything (hi bro!)
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I kept it from my significant other until I figured out I could track by scanning barcodes. Now it's no longer a secret but I guess it helps that he wants to know what he's eating too. I also told one of my best friends after she asked what I was doing to keep me one track. Besides that people kno I'm using things to lose weight but don't know what. They ask about foods and water and exercise all the time but they aren't quite there to "change" their lifestyle (not just for the summer) so I'll let them keep doing what they are doing and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    i am anonymous.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Not secretly at all. My sister is on here too and my mom and stepdad just made accounts a few days ago! they're all on my friends list. My friends know I use this site (they don't know my username though) and my fiance knows I'm on here because I talk about it all the time and I'm on here off and on all day! lol
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Husband and family know mostly. Only place I don't talk about fitness and nutrition is at work, I just don't want to get into it, it's my thing, and I don't feel like sharing with people who don't understand
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Both my best friend & my husband are on MFP to track cals & weight but neither one of them use the forums. I have a few other online friends that are here. So no, I don't use it in secret
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on here so he definitely knows....

Then I had to tell people how I met him so family and friends know now too....

And then anyone who asks what I'm doing to get healthy gets told about it as well. :tongue:
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    At first yes. But now its all I talk about and ask others to join too but its always 'nahh that's too much dedication I don't have time/am too lazy' meh. It was worth a shot.
  • kdkeys14
    kdkeys14 Posts: 16
    Options
    I told my family and I wish I hadn't. Most of my family is overweight and they don't care. When I am logging my food, checking nutrutional value for a restaurant or weighing my food; they always tell me, "girl don't do all that just eat or I'll just stick to enjoying my food". I tried to get my mom to join because she is overweight but she is procrastinating. My only support is myself and MFP users. I told one friend and she ridiculed me on facebook and to my face SO I tell no one else. I AM PROUD TO DO IT ON MY ON
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Only 1 person knows that I am on this site and trying to lose weight. I have a very negative family and I only trust one person to really support me in my family. I even made a secret FB account so that way I can get my friends that are on here to see all the pics that I post with my phone that I can't post on here
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've told everyone! I have a weight loss blog that I link to on Facebook all the time and also given out my username in statuses all the time. I have tried "secretly" dieting before and it never worked because no one was there to encourage me or hold me accountable. Now that I know that there are people who are proud of me and cheering me on from the side lines I have more motivation to stick with it. I also love encouraging my friends who use MFP and it gives us something else in common! Also gets you to go grocery shopping with a health conscious friend who will scream, "RUN!!" when you pass by the cookies ;)
  • bethb4
    bethb4 Posts: 48
    Options
    "My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't "

i hope you're kidding
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Some people know, most just look at me weird when I'm scanning food labels with my phone HA! My family is very supportive for the most part, there are a handful of people who are actually telling me I will fail (wtf?!), and there are some who don't know only because they're anti-diet and don't believe me when I say I am changing my LIFESTYLE not going on some freak diet!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It's astonishing how many of you have negative and unsupportive families. I'm thankful that almost everyone I know is rooting me on.
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've told everyone! I have a weight loss blog that I link to on Facebook all the time and also given out my username in statuses all the time. I have tried "secretly" dieting before and it never worked because no one was there to encourage me or hold me accountable. Now that I know that there are people who are proud of me and cheering me on from the side lines I have more motivation to stick with it. I also love encouraging my friends who use MFP and it gives us something else in common! Also gets you to go grocery shopping with a health conscious friend who will scream, "RUN!!" when you pass by the cookies ;)

Unrelated... your makeup is AMAZING!
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone about this site and how much it has helped me...=)
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Unrelated... your makeup is AMAZING!

hahaha thanks! I'm a makeup artist ;)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i kept it a secret for a long time. But now, y'all are so darn interesting, I catch myself telling my friends about you!