Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .

Yes, but does your girlfriend know about your wife? :laugh:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows, just doesn't know how much I'm on here :tongue:
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's a secret for me! :)
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My immediate family does. Nobody else. I don't don't need unmotivated critics... so I like it that way. :D
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Nope, raving about it to my friends all the time.. best friend always tells me I'm glued to it because I'm always on it at work, at home on my laptop or on the app on my iPod touch.. I think i'm more addicted to it than facebook
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    My husband knows. But.. I always shut the screen off when he comes. I don't want him to see what I eat.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I don't really tell my friends unless they ask what I'm doing on my phone (updating the app), but my BF definitely knows. I didn't tell him at first because honestly I thought he'd make fun of me, but now that he does know I'm more successful. He get's a little bit frustrated sometimes when I go to the computer immediately after dinner because that postpones our TV/cuddle time, but he understands why I do it. Also, it's extra accountability and it helps me defend why I made turkey tacos and not beef lol. Also when we're trying to figure out what to eat for dinner, he is more willing to eat healthy with me if he knows I only have 300 or 400 cals left for the day :)

My mom knows too, but she knows everything else about me as well.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have mentioned it to a few friends but none of them ever joined.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My BF knows I am here. No one else really does but I'm not against telling anyone.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and friends all know. My family isn't very supportive so they don't and I don't think I've told any coworkers...
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Yes, and he's on here as well. He introduced it to me. It's opened my eyes to some things.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • KeegansMomma
    KeegansMomma Posts: 156
    Options
    My immediate family knows (mom, dad, sister, brother, SIL, hubby)...but that's it.

Recently recruited hubby to MFP because he just has his semi-annual check up with the doctor. And our doctor keeps telling him he needs to just get lap band surgery. Something neither hubby nor myself wants. Plus hubby works at a sometimes stressful place...and has his days of stress eating.
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    My husband knows and helps me scan in foods!
  • gtamomof2
    gtamomof2 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am no longer on here Secretly. I think the key to success is being able to be proud of your acheivements. Success is a journey not a destination and because of that I want to be proud every day that I am being active and watching my Calorie intake. Even when I reach my Goal Weight I think It will be important to still be logging to ensure I'm doing well. I also wanted to have the accountability from people in real life... yes the people on here can support you, but are they actually gonna call you and say "why haven't you been logging lately?" or Make you dinner and double check your calories for the day so they know you can have what they are making! - I think not!
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I couldn't keep it a secret. My hubs and family and close friends saw a changing difference in me and was like "What are you doing?!!" And I've actually gotten several friends and family to join me in a new life since alot of people in my life are on the bigger side. I am their inspiration! :)
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options

^^ This.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    No MFP is my secret obsession...
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My parents, boyfriend, best friends and some work friends do. I would never add a work friend on here because then they would know what my starting weight was lol and I'm not having that.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options

^^^^^ Hilarious :laugh: :laugh:

No one knows.... :noway:
    But that's only because this is for me. And I feel like most people in my life don't want to hear me go on and on about how I lost a pound or I did 60 minutes of cardio, or stayed under my calorie goal. All my mfps are so supportive and I feel like I really relate to them.