Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have told everyone I know about this site! I started a fitness group on face book and encouraged them to join, and so far my mom/dad/sister/sisters bf/brothers gf/mother in law have also joined! They all use it infrequently but I check in 2-3x per hour! LOL. If this were twitter/facebook, I would hashtag #addicted =)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My husband know's. He don't care or mind or anything. My mom is a member here, I told her about this place, she wanted to know what I was doing, I let her know and now she's doing it. She's lost 16.5lbs since she started about a month and a half ago. I love doing this with my mom!

I tell all my friends about MFP, some have joined, some joined and quit, some joined and still going strong. I had a friend tell me about this place. No need to keep MFP a secret, most people I know are over weight, if they ask me how I"m doing it, I'm not gonna keep it for myself. It's up to them to do it as well if they want, but if they ask, tells me they must be at least interested, though it takes commitment not interest.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not under this profile.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh wait - no lol- everyone in my life knows im obsessed with fitness and they know they can go on pretty much any fitness site, search my name and find way too much.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It's not a secret, but I did put my account on private to stop lurkers. It's hard being this sexy
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I defintiely don't like to add people I know in real life, lol.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was secret but I kept it to myself until ppl started asking me what I was 'doing' to lose weight. If someone asks, I tell them

This is me exactly!
  • hnsiler
    hnsiler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .

lol :laugh:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My wife knows, but my girlfriend doesn't .
    Love it!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My DH knows. That's all who knows. That's all I ever plan to tell.

DH signed up, logged for a couple weeks and then hasn't been back. :yawn:
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend knows but my husband doesn't.

kidding. maybe. right back at ya dino! :drinker:
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ironically, my husband joined the site and told me about it. He was my first friend. Now I get messages about how he hasn't logged in for a million days and might need some encouragement.

LMAO- that's my situation as well!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    No one knows about MFP, or my diet rather...simply because i chose not to tell anyone i was trying to lose weight, i'll let them figure it out when its gone and i'm on instagram shirtless lol
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My S.O definitely knows (he even asks for my opinion on the nutritional content of the foods he eats), but my close friends and family don't know...this is only because they worry that I may "trigger" something by keeping a watchful eye on what I eat.

My nutritionist/personal trainer, everyone I talk to at the gym, nurse and doctors know ALL about me using MFP though, and strongly encourage my use of it to keep track of my macros, exercise, to help monitor what foods I react badly to.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    My physician's assistant, who shops at the same health food store I do, asked me if I knew about MFP. She's certainly encouraging her patients to be on here. Also, it's proven fact that if you have friends sharing the same goal, you will lose a greater percentage of excess and faster too.

there's no such thing as a Physician'S Assistant.. drop the ____ 's ____

:-D.

And i like the idea above said about it not wanting to be facebook.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Husband knows, but he's the only one. Thankfully, he's been very supportive.
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    nope. even my immediate family has no idea i use mfp. pretty much the same reason as other people. i am not hiding it, but at the same time i pretty much keep it to myself. a couple of my friends have signed up with mfp but dont really do much with it. even if they did i would prefer not to be friends with them, once again for privacy. talking about issues with fitness, weight loss, personal experience, etc is a lot easier since i dont know any one on my friends list in real life. if people ask how i lose weight i just saw by counting calories. simple as that.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Initially, i kept MFP secret....but I gave in and told him that i'd joined a fitness website. Now he doesn't know which one and isn't that bothered anyway...but he's not daft either. He probably already knows which one. Especially when fb comes into the equation with links to MFP. lol! Seriously, He's happy just knowing I'm doing something for me and my healths sake. Although I think I may have to encourage him soon with his weight loss by getting him on here....maayyybeeeee.....lol!

The Reason, I don't tell close friends or inform my other half when I log in, is because this is MY corner to help me become healthy and have fun in the process.

I suppose if I'm being honest too.....MFP takes my mind of the "not so good" times in general, whether its home or work.

That's not to say its a complete secret - I always recommend it whenever I can to people if health and fitness comes up in a conversation.
  • Danielle2344
    Options
    Yep, for the most part it's MY secret and I don't want to really share it with anyone else. I've told my husband and my sister-in-law, but besides that, nobody else. I get the same response that I've read that many others get = you don't need to lose weight, you look fine, you're crazy! why would you want to do that, and on, and on.

I weighed less about 5-6 years ago and felt so good about myself. I want that feeling back! It wasn't just how I looked on the outside, it was how I felt on the inside too. I had so much more energy and now I'm taking online college classes to get my Bachelor's degree, so I definitely need the energy! I want to do this for myself, to feel better, and to look better. So, even though I LOVE this site, it's going to be my little secret! :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone I know. It is more motivational to me to have people I know doing it with me. Most have dropped out already but a few are still hanging on. I don't post my losing weight elsewhere so nothing about it on Facebook, etc. I figure that this site is for that and I leave it off all my other pages.