Just my fist...

just one? lol
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    an Asp (Extend-A-Baton)
    to a hand gun.

you a cop?

If backpacking I have a knife, but as a tool not a weapon. other than that no, I can talk my way out of most any situation. I have done a lot of election work walking in all sorts of neighbor hood and never came across a time I was not able to resolve or lessen a tense situation. and that is with me being a dorky looking dude in heavy gang neighbor hoods.

just lucky I guess.

Loving the profile pic!

Me... I walk with a 3ft stick and know how to use it lol. Only time I take my knife with me is if I'm walking in the woods or if my son is with me. I will do whatever is nessecary to protect my son.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    an Asp (Extend-A-Baton)

Illegal for non-LEO carry in Texas.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What is the world coming to?

No weapon other than what nature provides, but never had a need for any.

If I see some suss people looking for trouble I change my route.
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    an Asp (Extend-A-Baton)

Illegal for non-LEO carry in Texas.

sucks don't it! I had to ask my uncle (a bexar county cop) what I am allowed to carry at all times while I'm walking.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Just my fist...

just one? lol

only need my right lol... it would be be overkill if I had to use both hahaha
  • interceptor311
    Options
    be my backup?! :drinker:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    why would anyone jump me? and besides i dont go out to run/jog walk i used to bike on the trail with some friends though
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    For those that don't have the option for lethal force carry, I always suggest a Kimber Guardian Angel

344219.jpg
  • interceptor311
    Options
    LMAO! Sweet
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    .380 semi-auto pistol, concealed (permit)

Edit:
    When I lived in Anchorage (for close to 20 years), Alaska, I was on the wrong end of two separate armed robberies and, another time, came home from work one day to find my front door had been pried open and my house burglarized. All terrifying experiences. The burglary was the worse one. There is nothing like being afraid to open your front door when you come home from work. That's when I bought my first handgun and had it ready when I came home. Unlock the door with the left hand with a cocked gun in the right. I learned how to use a handgun and also bought a legal "shortened" shotgun (for home protection). I know exactly what I would do if I were in my own house and someone came in.

When out walking, it would be really hard to know when you must use a deadly weapon. If I see someone following me I could get it in my hand. The part that bothers me is; I would never start waving it around and threatening because someone might try to take it away. When do you shoot? Wait until you have injuries or get shot yourself? If someone grabs you out of the blue, you are pretty much screwed unless you are physically able to fight back. A person could get in big trouble if they make a wrong judgement call in a perceived "situation". I now live in one of the safest towns ever, but having lived in some dangerous places, I don't put myself into uncertain situations unless absolutely necessary. I hope I never get in a situation outside my home, because any hesitation could be a fatal mistake. Act too quickly and who knows....
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Just my fist...

just one? lol

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    why would anyone jump me? and besides i dont go out to run/jog walk i used to bike on the trail with some friends though
    I might know a girl or 2 who would jump you in a heartbeat hahaha :laugh:
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    when hiking in the mountains, I have a wistle, k-bar and pepper spray. have never had to use it and all the bears I have encountered have been uninterested in us and hope it stays that way.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    .380 semi-auto pistol, concealed (permit)

hoping to get my concealed permit in a few months.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

STOP THIEF!!!!!!! Or I'll say STOP! again.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't really ever carry it, unless I'd like to shoot at some snakes (or the occasional deer), but I have a .357 revolver. I <3 that thing. :)