BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    CCW is Beretta P40 Storm Sub-compact.
    Carry is Glock 23

Come at me bro
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I now live in a nice, sane society, where carrying concealed weapons is illegal. Oddly enough, it's also a society where carrying such weapons is largely pretty unecessary, as our rates of violent crime are extremely low.

Earlier in my life, I lived in a country where pretty much everyone was armed (I was not). It's a society that has the highest murder rate in the world.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

LOL
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    For now just an ASP. Easier to hide than a fire gun and I know how to use it properly.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Good grief no I am British:laugh:

Only thing I do when going back to my car in town when it is dark is hold my car keys between my fingers so if I need to punch someone I can do some damage.

Oh but I always have my pair of trusty 38DD's they may not be a weapon but they sure are a distraction.:bigsmile:
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible shot so I'm just trying to improve my run time.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When you walk/hike on streets, paths, etc... Do you carry a weapon? If so, what?

Personally depending on where I am and what I'm doing I carry anything ranging from:

an Asp (Extend-A-Baton)
    to a hand gun.

like I am going to tell you..... what part of concealed is not clear to you ? come find out lol
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Fortunately I now live in a nice, sane society, where carrying concealed weapons is illegal. Oddly enough, it's also a society where carrying such weapons is largely pretty unecessary, as our rates of violent crime are extremely low.

Earlier in my life, I lived in a country where pretty much everyone was armed (I was not). It's a society that has the highest murder rate in the world.

Crime statistics in the US, or at least Texas, paint an picture exactly opposite of what you described. Violent crime rates have shown a downward trend that is at least somewhat directly proportional to concealed handgun license issuance. But that is a topic for another day. Carry on.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of carrying pepper spray after being watched by coyotes on a couple runs...
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Kel Tec P11 in my torso holster. You just can't walk/jog in oblivion these days no matter where you are. Be alert and have a plan because they might have one too. I know I do. :smile:
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of carrying pepper spray after being watched by coyotes on a couple runs...

lol
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Kel Tec P11 in my torso holster. You just can't walk/jog in oblivion these days no matter where you are. Be alert and have a plan because they might have one too. I know I do. :smile:

Excellent quote!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Do not carry a weapon, and by God's Grace never had a need for one.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Crime statistics in the US, or at least Texas, paint an picture exactly opposite of what you described. Violent crime rates have shown a downward trend that is at least somewhat directly proportional to concealed handgun license issuance. But that is a topic for another day. Carry on.

I think we both know that the picture is a little more complex than this.

But it's a basic fact that countries where being 'armed' is not the norm have lower overall rates of violent crime. Show me anything that disproves that point.... ?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hmm ... left jab, right hook, and two killer kicks. Does that count? (Oh, and a good swing with my water bottle could really knock someone for a loop).
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options

I think we both know that the picture is a little more complex than this.

But it's a basic fact that countries where being 'armed' is not the norm have lower overall rates of violent crime. Show me anything that disproves that point.... ?

UK?? Bans firearms and knife crime skyrockets...
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I carry an aluminum baseball bat. Most people cross the road so they don't cross my path...lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    < also in England, so never carrying a weapon. However, if I need to walk for some reason late at night my dog gets an extra walk that day. In the past, travelling in rough areas for college, I had a swiss army knife loose in my pocket. As much as I can legally carry, and better than nothing.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    UK?? Bans firearms and knife crime skyrockets...

Knife crime isn't that prevelant, and almost exclusively limited to inter-gang confrontations. 'Random' knifings happen once every few months and I'm in one of the high-crime areas of London.
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    No one has ever stepped to me before but if they do they are gettin' snuffed for sure....juuu already