Armed and Dangerous?

Options

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I should add that I've never even seen a real gun or mace/pepper spray in person. Well, other than attached to the belt of a police officer. The closest thing I have to a weapon is a nail file in my purse. If anybody tries to steal me, I'm screwed. LOL!
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Glock 27 and pocket knife, never leave home without them.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Glockenspiel 27 and pocket knife, never leave home without them.
    l.jpg
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    For you people in the DFW area, I was working really late one night and headed home about 2am on a weeknight, I had to stop at 75 and Lemmon on the east side of the highway for gas. Sure enough I didn't have anything on me and this gang banger starts walking up with that "hey man let me talk at you" crap, I pulled the gas pump out of the tank and squirted a little his way and told him he was about to have a really sh#tty night if he didn't turn his happy *kitten* around. Surprisingly it worked, but I learned my lesson.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Ahhh..the sound of Glockenspiel!
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    LOL I guess that could work. Stupid auto correct. GLOCK 27
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    LOL I guess that could work. Stupid auto correct. GLOCK 27

When I took the Glock Armorer's course, we were told Glockenspiel was the sound to listen for after the weapon had been completely re-assembled to know that everything was in its place LOL.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My hands and feet. I'm a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo, but I also have some training in Ju Jitsu and Aikido. Simply hurting or restraining someone is easy, but I can also paralyze/knock out someone if needed from hitting certain pressure points.

But I'd like to buy a taser, as there's only so much a 5'2" girl can do.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For you people in the DFW area, I was working really late one night and headed home about 2am on a weeknight, I had to stop at 75 and Lemmon on the east side of the highway for gas. Sure enough I didn't have anything on me and this gang banger starts walking up with that "hey man let me talk at you" crap, I pulled the gas pump out of the tank and squirted a little his way and told him he was about to have a really sh#tty night if he didn't turn his happy *kitten* around. Surprisingly it worked, but I learned my lesson.
    I'm sorry,but i had to laugh at this...lol.....at least you were quick thinking,it could have turned into a bad situation.Glad it didn't.BTW,I'm from TX too:smile:
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The last 2 weeks we have had bears in the neighbor hood so I carry Bear Spray! UGH
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    l.jpg

Figured you were skipping with it instead of jogging. Pretty sure that'd be a deterrent ha ha!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread, I'm tempted to take some shooting lessons and buy a pistol

After reading this thread, I'm tempted to move to the UK or Canada. Much more civilized.

I feel LESS safe with everyone around me packing.

I lived most of my life in a country with everyone around me 'packing'. I didn't realise how tense it all was, till I moved somewhere that just didn't have that culture.

I know where I'd rather be.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK so not I dont carry a weapon with me, apart from anything else it's against the law to carry a weapon here.
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    Springfield XDM .40
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Pepper spray & tazer. I walk almost everywhere.

On a side note...one time TSA missed my tazer and I made it on the plane with it. True story. I freaked when I realized mid-flight it was still in my purse.

Learned from Jeffree Star xD don't watch if easily offended!! http://youtu.be/0VhD9WCMlOg
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Mace and knife!

(when I'm in America. too bad the UK is full of ninnies ;] )
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

I like this ^^^ :flowerforyou: i'm in England too...
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hopefully someday I can legally carry a G18C :) By the way I think all females out there running should look into the following! ;)

http://youtu.be/D99NHb6B03s
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You guys are just scary!
    Every time I read these threads I am incredibly grateful that I live in a country that doesn't have the kind of weapons culture that you sem to relish in the US.
    Frankly, I've read enough of these threads now to make me not even want to visit the US again.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    You guys are just scary!
    Every time I read these threads I am incredibly grateful that I live in a country that doesn't have the kind of weapons culture that you sem to relish in the US.
    Frankly, I've read enough of these threads now to make me not even want to visit the US again.

It's not that I relish having to carry self defense around...but I live in an area where there are a lot of people drugged out of their minds and I just prefer to be prepared. I truly hope I never have to actually use anything on anyone.

As for the serious gun toters...well all I can say is you guys will be my friends when the zombies begin to take over.