Armed and Dangerous?

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Where are you all running that you need guns while running??
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    S&W Sigma Series 9mm, cell phone, keen sense of everything that's happening around me, and a copy of my DVPO.

That's pretty much all I need.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Where are you all running that you need guns while running??
    probably somewhere in the valleys of afghanistan :laugh:
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    UK?? Bans firearms and knife crime skyrockets...

Knife crime isn't that prevelant, and almost exclusively limited to inter-gang confrontations. 'Random' knifings happen once every few months and I'm in one of the high-crime areas of London.

I just read a BBC report with a quick Google search and it was reported to have risen 10% as of earlier this year. Seems somewhat prevalent, even after years have passed since the ban
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Knife crime isn't that prevelant, and almost exclusively limited to inter-gang confrontations. 'Random' knifings happen once every few months and I'm in one of the high-crime areas of London.

probably shouldn't go baffling 'em with facts and stuff.

it's not like firearms were *recently* banned. . . lol
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

I just read a BBC report with a quick Google search and it was reported to have risen 10% as of earlier this year. Seems somewhat prevalent, even after years have passed since the ban
    there's so much wrong with this, it's hard to know where to start..... tell me though, when do you think this 'ban' you refer to was introduced?
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    <<<--- Bowing out. I'd rather be running.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Was it the first world war? Anyway, some war or other, they issued the soldiers with helmets, and head injuries skyrocketed.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Depends which country I am in!

In the UK so Everything is illegal!!!

So I don't carry, but in general I never wear any jewellery anyways and most ladies clutch their pocketbooks and man look away if I am running around. People and stereotypes as I am a really nice guy IMHO. More so when my head is shaved and my tattoos are on display.

I have carried in the past when working and living in other countries where it was allowed.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

10% of what number though? In my borough there have been all of about 7 high profile stabbings in the last year. The gang ones don't tend to be reported in local media, but otherwise they do. So, a 10% rise here would make that....about 8.

Also, guns have never been legal here. lol.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I avoid going to places that I may need a weapon. I don't carry anything because I'll go to the gym before I go on the walking/bike trails here by myself. I had a friend get attacked for her shoes, ipod and phone. I only go on them if I'm with people now. I used to carry a hand gun with my conceal carry license when I worked in downtown little Rock. Kept it under the seat and I never wore a red or blue bandana there either.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray, my cell phone, and the fact that I'm probably not the type likely to want to be raped. Maybe in another hundred pounds. :P

The cell phone is relevant because I track all excursions outdoors on Endomondo so my fiance back at home can see where I am in almost real-time. If he were to see me straying from my course, he could take quick action.
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    <<<--- Bowing out. I'd rather be running.

Arlington??? I don't drive there much less run there without my Glock or back up weapon ha ha!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray, my cell phone, and the fact that I'm probably not the type likely to want to be raped. Maybe in another hundred pounds. :P

Curious what "type" wants to be raped??? :huh:
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    I bring THUNDER<insert right arm> and LIGHTNING<insert left arm>....

If need be, I deploy ROCK<insert right foot> and STEADY<insert left foot> up their *kitten*....

Otherwise, I bank on the fact that I can run farther and faster...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    depends where I'm hiking. if I'm in the mountain, often in bear/mountain lion/etc. territory? yeah. .45 ACP with hollow points.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to be adopted by your gramma!

Both good tips! Thanks for sharing.

haha she is an awesome badass! :heart:
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

I so do this! And at the moment with this weather we are having need our brollies anyway!! :laugh: But at my last placement I had to walk down this long road that had terrible lighting at 6:30am so my brolly would be with me at all times! I felt safer!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada - we just 'please' and 'thank you' people to death.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

:huh:

Eh? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I can't remember a time in recent history when anyone in the UK could walk around with a gun.

As for knife crime, it is mainly between gang members or drug related. I grew up in Manchester and now live in another UK city and have never seen anyone pull out a knife (and I've lived a little, believe me!).

I've also travelled all over the world and the UK is the place I've always felt the safest in.