Armed and Dangerous?

Options

Replies

• bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

I so do this! And at the moment with this weather we are having need our brollies anyway!! :laugh: But at my last placement I had to walk down this long road that had terrible lighting at 6:30am so my brolly would be with me at all times! I felt safer!!

I now have MARY POPPINS stuck in my head.... thx...

Chim chimeny.... chimeny chimeny... chim chim chooroo.....
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I carry Pepper spray on my keys, on my stroller and on my person. All out of reach of my children, not that they'd mess with it anyways. The wind blew towards us suddenly one day as I was spraying a dog who had been chasing us for a quarter mile.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm in England, so I carry erm, an umbrella?

I so do this! And at the moment with this weather we are having need our brollies anyway!! :laugh: But at my last placement I had to walk down this long road that had terrible lighting at 6:30am so my brolly would be with me at all times! I felt safer!!

I now have MARY POPPINS stuck in my head.... thx...

Chim chimeny.... chimeny chimeny... chim chim chooroo.....
    Blast...now I have...thanks...Ill go to bed singing it and wake singing it...and now I have the urge to watch it! :laugh:
    'Spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, medicine go down, the medicine go down'
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i take my BFG 9000 everywhere.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada - we just 'please' and 'thank you' people to death.

This is a true story (I'm in Victoria, BC)
  • trainorgirl
    trainorgirl Posts: 44
    Options
    I bring my martial art skills!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    gunandsword3.jpg
    :huh:
  • threedaysfromyou
    Options
    I carried mace when I ran in my boyfriend's neighborhood, at his insistence. (He had been mugged three times during the first year he lived there…) I never had any trouble, but I mostly ran during the early afternoon when the neighborhood was busy with other runners and folks walking and shopping. I usually change my route when I see other people up ahead.

My own neighborhood is super hilly so I usually choose the treadmill and a movie, barefoot and weapon free.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I bring THUNDER<insert right arm> and LIGHTNING<insert left arm>....

If need be, I deploy ROCK<insert right foot> and STEADY<insert left foot> up their *kitten*....

Otherwise, I bank on the fact that I can run farther and faster...

Haha love it!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I bring my martial art skills!!

I've taken Judo for years followed up by Jiu Jitsu and I still carry just because you never know what's around the corner and how many there will be.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :huh:

Love the pic :laugh:
  • daaamon
    daaamon Posts: 25
    Options
    After reading this thread, I'm tempted to take some shooting lessons and buy a pistol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread, I'm tempted to take some shooting lessons and buy a pistol

Skip the pistol and go straight for a BFG 9000.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I already answered the question on page 2, but have been thinking on this "what if" scenario...

When I lived in Anchorage (for close to 20 years), Alaska, I was on the wrong end of two separate armed robberies and, another time, came home from work one day to find my front door had been pried open and my house burglarized. All terrifying experiences. The burglary was the worse one. There is nothing like being afraid to open your front door when you come home from work. That's when I bought my first handgun and had it ready when I came home. Unlock the door with the left hand with a cocked gun in the right. I learned how to use a handgun and also bought a legal "shortened" shotgun (for home protection). I know exactly what I would do if I were in my own house and someone came in.

When out walking, it would be really hard to know when you must use a deadly weapon. If I see someone following me I could get it in my hand. The part that bothers me is; I would never start waving it around and threatening because someone might try to take it away. When do you shoot? Wait until you have injuries or get shot yourself? If someone grabs you out of the blue, you are pretty much screwed unless you are physically able to fight back. A person could get in big trouble if they make a wrong judgement call in a perceived "situation". I now live in one of the safest towns ever, but having lived in some dangerous places, I don't put myself into uncertain situations unless absolutely necessary. I hope I never get in a situation outside my home, because any hesitation could be a fatal mistake. Act too quickly and who knows....
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

After reading this thread, I'm tempted to move to the UK or Canada. Much more civilized.

I feel LESS safe with everyone around me packing.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray,knife ,stun gun
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Instead of guns, I say we should just ban bad people:bigsmile:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    a piss pour attitude and nothing else.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I carry a personal alarm if its really late, but I live in Australia so I'm not allowed to carry any form of weapon concealed or other wise.
    if it's only 6pm I generally dont take anything with me. but if it's 8pm or later i carry the alarm.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Mace (on keyring)
    Stun Gun (on waist)
    Utility knife
    Cell phone