RED HIGH HEELS GROUP(WEEK 1&1/2)

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Ok so I admit it. I broke the challenge already. I went to eat my morning bowl of oatmeal and I had flour bugs in my pantry in EVERYTHING.:noway: I couldn't eat anything in it. :grumble: I ended up eating toast becuase I keep my bread in the fridge because I don't eat it quick enough.

Take this as a word of warning, make sure all your flour, oats and uncooked grain based products are in air tight containers preferably in the fridge or freezer because flour bugs are a pain to deal with.:sick:

by flour bugs do you mean silverfish? i think they will get in there even in a container, maybe not air tight, but come on...youll get air in the container :tongue: . that sucks that they got into everything, i've only seen a couple in the past few years, once i still used the flour, but shhh. im not squeemish, so whatevs! :tongue:

Nope. These are different. They are these tiny (barely 1/10 of an inch) maggot looking things. The eggs are in all grain products. If you don't keep the uncooked grains in the fridge and don't use it fast enough, they'll hatch and then you have the bugs. That's why you are supposed to keep them in air tight containers. Then they can't get out to get into everything else.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ok so I admit it. I broke the challenge already. I went to eat my morning bowl of oatmeal and I had flour bugs in my pantry in EVERYTHING.:noway: I couldn't eat anything in it. :grumble: I ended up eating toast becuase I keep my bread in the fridge because I don't eat it quick enough.

Take this as a word of warning, make sure all your flour, oats and uncooked grain based products are in air tight containers preferably in the fridge or freezer because flour bugs are a pain to deal with.:sick:

by flour bugs do you mean silverfish? i think they will get in there even in a container, maybe not air tight, but come on...youll get air in the container :tongue: . that sucks that they got into everything, i've only seen a couple in the past few years, once i still used the flour, but shhh. im not squeemish, so whatevs! :tongue:

Nope. These are different. They are these tiny (barely 1/10 of an inch) maggot looking things. The eggs are in all grain products. If you don't keep the uncooked grains in the fridge and don't use it fast enough, they'll hatch and then you have the bugs. That's why you are supposed to keep them in air tight containers. Then they can't get out to get into everything else.

thats scary...
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

thats scary...

Yeah. It's really kind of gross.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

:noway: eeeek! bugs scare me :laugh: i remember i had a ton of carpenter ants the other summer because it was really warm out and i didnt realize my son spilled his juice EVERYWHERE and i do mean everywhere lol....came back and there was just like an infestation...to say the least i just slammed the door and ran away from it lollol:laugh: :laugh: *is a wimp*...but anyway u gotta eat something and if they got into everything else well then so be it if u have a piece of toast...we won't scold ya i promise :bigsmile:

*is missing bread right now*
    Ode to bread
    Dear bread how I miss you
    Your moist succulent taste
    Covered with many spreads
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    When you bake in the oven
    Or when you pop out of the toaster
    My sweet bread I'll miss you today
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    These are my stats from last week:

SW 211
    CW 211
    GW 181

I am not up for a weigh in right now, but I'll be ready on Thursday! :drinker:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ode to bread
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again

haha, my friend wrote a song about a bagel, to the tune of the dradel hanuka song

oh bagel bagel bagel i made you out of bread and when you're nice and toasty the cream cheese i shall spread
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Ode to bread
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again

haha, my friend wrote a song about a bagel, to the tune of the dradel hanuka song

oh bagel bagel bagel i made you out of bread and when you're nice and toasty the cream cheese i shall spread
    :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    lol nice did it get a label? :smile: they should make some food songs although then people might crave them more hahaha :laugh:

and i'm making a permanent challenge for me now no eating after dinner...after the last 2 nights each time i wake up in the morning i feel sick as can be from indigestion...it cant be good to have food sitting in ur belly before bed anyway dangit :grumble: :grumble: and food is not worth feeling sick about
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

:noway: eeeek! bugs scare me :laugh: i remember i had a ton of carpenter ants the other summer because it was really warm out and i didnt realize my son spilled his juice EVERYWHERE and i do mean everywhere lol....came back and there was just like an infestation...to say the least i just slammed the door and ran away from it lollol:laugh: :laugh: *is a wimp*...but anyway u gotta eat something and if they got into everything else well then so be it if u have a piece of toast...we won't scold ya i promise :bigsmile:

Ode to bread
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again

Great Ode! I love bread too but it was the first thing to go last year when I decided I'd had enough of being chunky :tongue: but every so often I get major cravings. Today is a good day. Should be easy enough.

Had my usual breakie of yogourt, granola bar and coffee and for lunch I'm having chili, a few corn chips and an apple. Haven't figured out dinner yet. Any ideas?:happy:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Ode to bread
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again

Great Ode! I love bread too but it was the first thing to go last year when I decided I'd had enough of being chunky :tongue: but every so often I get major cravings. Today is a good day. Should be easy enough.

Had my usual breakie of yogourt, granola bar and coffee and for lunch I'm having chili, a few corn chips and an apple. Haven't figured out dinner yet. Any ideas?:happy:
    oooooo chili yum...thats a good idea i have some avocados here ....U just figured out my dinner plan hahaha *Hugs* ty :flowerforyou: because dinner is always hard to figure out lol
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    lol nice did it get a label? :smile: they should make some food songs although then people might crave them more hahaha :laugh:

and i'm making a permanent challenge for me now no eating after dinner...after the last 2 nights each time i wake up in the morning i feel sick as can be from indigestion...it cant be good to have food sitting in ur belly before bed anyway dangit :grumble: :grumble: and food is not worth feeling sick about

When I was younger, I listened to "the Cheeseburger Song." It was pretty much an ode to the cheeseburger.
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing on their no bread challenge?? Good I hope! I woke up @ 6am and got to the gym @ 630am for an early morning workout! I was soooo proud...I usually never wake up til about 730-8am and i would always do my workouts in the evening! Anyway Hope you all have an awesome bread-free day!! lol...Keep up the good work and we will be in our new shoes in no time!
  • hasiangirl
    Options

When I was younger, I listened to "the Cheeseburger Song." It was pretty much an ode to the cheeseburger.
    ymmmm cheeseburger *drools*
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I'm stealing this from another thread. Repeat after me: "I love me more than I love a cheeseburger" :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I'm stealing this from another thread. Repeat after me: "I love me more than I love a cheeseburger" :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: do i haveeeeeeee to say it? ...ok I LOVE ME burger MORE THAN I LOVE BURGER me
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: do i haveeeeeeee to say it? ...ok I LOVE ME burger MORE THAN I LOVE BURGER me

:huh: no cheating! :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

:huh: no cheating! :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: darn u caught me! lol ok i love myself more than i love that yummy juicy juicy burger
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am having a burger for supper - 4 oz of 93% fat free - on whole wheat - YUM

Crazy busy day - blown it on the bread - forgot - just now remembered when I opened the thread - oh well - moving on!

Have a healthy Tuesday!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

oooooo chili yum...thats a good idea i have some avocados here ....U just figured out my dinner plan hahaha *Hugs* ty :flowerforyou: because dinner is always hard to figure out lol
    [/quote]

Great, glad I could help BUT what about my request for help figuring out my dinner plan?? :grumble: :laugh:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Ode to bread
    And all kinds of meats
    Oh bread
    How I miss the smell
    But come tomorrow
    We'll be together again

Nice! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I pretty much blew this challenge. I am a sucker for bread and I had a sourdough baguette with my soup for lunch. :ohwell: