How did y'all gain your weight?

Options

Replies

• lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    4 kids without getting back in shape; working in a restaurant; coke and taco bell.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have had a weight problem all my adult life. This time the weight gain was cause by eating too much and stopping exercise. I knew i was gaining weight but simply looked the other way and ignored it. Now i am paying the price of having to work off the weight again.... will I ever learn.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The shift from working as a bartender in a high-volume establishment to working at a desk every day...
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    I have been overweight since I was 6 years old. I never was able to run the mile in school. I just have accepted it and kept eating and eating. I lost 42 pounds in 2009 to help reverse the severe chest and stomach pains I was having. But, it didn't help because it was my gallbladder. Shortly after surgery I had given up mostly because my aunt had died from cancer (which put me into a deep depression). So the past 2 years I have gained back the 42 pounds plus 20 extra pounds. I have about 160 pounds to lose total, so it will be a long journey for me! :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've never been clinically overweight, but my weight has crept up over the years because of a basically sedentary adult lifestyle, inconsistent structured cardio exercise, and a slowed metabolism as I've grown older.

In recent years, the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's has really taken its toll. I overindulge and although I don't like to throw around terms like "addiction," I think that eating all the fats and sweets stimulates something in my system. The pressure to eat badly by people who seem not to care about their health is also pervasive and obnoxious.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    eat drink 2 liters of soda repeat
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I lived in NYC and walked everywhere, i didnt have a car there. Then i moved back home to my hometown after getting married. Had a car, stopped walking, wasnt going out dancing every weekend and it started coming on. Then i had 2 kids within 16 months and that didnt help matters either.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    By not recognizing how annoying it would be.

Getting my license.

Eating fast food.

And worst of all I did it as an experiment cause all my friends said I was too skinny, so I said fine I'll gain some weight then.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    depression...
    which is from working 2 jobs and an internship on top of full time college...

which all essentially equals:
    eating too much cheddar chex mix

therefore depression = cheddar chex mix
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I've always been on the higher end of my BMI...but when I moved in with my BF I gained 40lbs in 6 months.

I picked up his lazy, bad eating life style...he's the type that doesnt gain a pound, and 2 weeks of working out he has a six pack kind of build.

I finally woke up and decided to get back to my taking care of myself better, and he is slowly coming around to the fact that he needs to do the same. :)
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Years of being lazy and medication
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    after I had my son I became a stay at home mom. I ate a lot and was very lazy.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I like food....A LOT!!!!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I got clean from a drug addiction and gained sixty pounds.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was always a "big girl", all my life.... finally hit a point (30yrs old) where I said I need to do something about this. I lost 85lbs and was striving for more. Until one day I started having these pains in my feet, then my knees, then my hands, next thing you know all of my joints were in pain. I had been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, which got me to take not 2 but 35 steps back, yep gained back 35 of the 85lbs lost.

It took me some time to not only understand the disease, but how to not let it control my life. Here I am back on it, doing the damn thang... just got to keep keep keepin' on!
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For me it was boredom eating, comfort eating, loving food abit to much and having to big portions.
    Having IBS didn't help as I was eating food that my stomach would accept, but those foods were bad choices as they made me put on weight.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I ate CRAP instead of FOOD :ohwell:.....

EatmoreFOODeatlessCRAP.jpg
  • momeb1974
    momeb1974 Posts: 4
    Options
    Eating my way through 3 back to back family illnesses and deaths. Chicken, bacon, ranch calzones were my "go to" meal.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Just eating ****ty food and being lazy, I was never a sporty person so I didn't have any sports to keep my in shape.. now I'm a gym fanatic. A girl I went to school with works out at my gym/work and she jokes that they just need a bed and shower up here and my life would be complete :P
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating in my teens, not drinking enough water pretty much all my life, and recently birth control.