How did y'all gain your weight?

Options

Replies

• tinanorris123
    tinanorris123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here...So happy I quit smoking but still hard to find that happy place.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Eating out 4-5 times a week... its a killer....
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I was 28 and weighed 112 lbs. I quit smoking and had a partial hysterectomy.......................blew up like a fixed cat...........lol~
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    After highschool since there was no more pressure to impress, HAHA. Plus I was bulimic and when I started eating again, my body went YAY. But I gained purely on dessert and dessert alone. I dont eat much savory foods, its the dessert and sugary drinks that caught up with me.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Eating food. ;p
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In my teens. I had a very abusive life, and turned to food as a comfort
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Stress, depression, happy, sad, I would just eat especially sweets. There was one time that I age a whole 2 pound bag of skittles in one day and I yelled at the kids for eating them. Was skinny in my 20's and weighed less pregnant than I do now. Really wanted to make a change and start liking myself so here I am.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    COOKIES.... and being lazy !
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was a chunky kid, ate really fast and ate a lot. Then I started losing weight got to 142 and in 2 months time I gained 20 lbs comforting myself with junk food.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Food was a reward for everything, I mean everything.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Mostly emotional eating. I had years of messed up emotions that i should have got medical help for but instead i turned to weed to help me "disappear" and while i did that i ate and ate and ate, even when i wasn't stoned, i just ate for every emotion you could dream of. Im happy, lets eat, im sad, lets eat, and so on....
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Drinking mountain dew out of 2-liter bottles :)

This, but with Dr. Pepper.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 & 10 pounds a month for 7 years. Then had a miscarriage at 3months and gained more.. Then took care of my 85 year old mother before she died and got no sleep and felt trapped...then gained the rest. Now it is coming off. I feel free to recreate myself. I also quit smoking...in 2003. I started smoking when i lived in Spain for awhile. Also, desk job with long commute. Shoulder injury, I stopped working out.
  • nicolemarie0131
    nicolemarie0131 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The Depo Birth control is also what helped do me in!!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I love food!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    A lifetime of poor eating
  • Farrell76
    Farrell76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was 112 pound until I get married for the 2nd time. I also went on birth control and in one year I went from 112 to 165. Oops!!
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I got out of the military (Air Force) and it steadily started packing on over the years.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was walking 5-6 miles per day, when feet got injured from over use.

Doctors said I had to quit the walking, instead of doing something else, I fell in a depressed slump for 10 years and let myself go.