Double sigh.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I love short ribs. You get some bones and a lot of meat
    tee-hee....
  • JoshuaTalada
    Options
    My wife and I agree that we don't want the other to be what most would call "ideal weight". My goal weight is about 20 lbs over my ideal weight. But when I was that weight I felt good and looked good. My wife said she achieved her ideal weight and she didn't like how she could see her ribs and such. I would say find your ideal weight and add some, and make that your goal.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Translated: Bones are for a dog; Meat is for a man.

Disgusting phrase.
    Body shaming skinny women is not okay.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    She needs to be able to deadlift her bodyweight. That is a minimum.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's really about you. I'm married and my husband LOVES my thicker body. Me..not so much. And guess what he also LOVES my thinner body. When he met me I was ~45lbs lighter than I am now. The fact is he loves me. I am still taking matters into my own hands to get to a weight that I am comfortable with.
    You should set small goals for yourself and if you get there and still think you want to go further, then set another one. Eventually you'll find what fits for you.

Pretty much this.

My husband is just as attracted to me at the weight I was when we met as he is when I have been 9 months pregnant and sporting cankles...and everywhere in between that I've been, too. I'm sure he would much rather see the thinner me return as much as I would, but he loves me just as much when I'm heavier (if not more since I've given him two beautiful little girls now! ;) ). His main concern is that *I* am happy with myself/my appearance.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just get to the weight and size that makes YOU feel beautiful.. guys like women that are happy and comfortable with who they are
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Double sigh.

What they said
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I prefer both as I don't want to oogle an amoeba

If I saw a 5'4" amoeba walking about.....I'd definitely oogle it.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    The sexiest women are not bone skinny or meatty, they are CONFIDENT.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    BellaClayton_ToplessTireOverhead.jpg
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Translated: Bones are for a dog; Meat is for a man.

Disgusting phrase.
    Body shaming skinny women is not okay.

This. That's such a stupid phrase.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Leaving the bone in helps keep the meat juicy.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be losing weight for a guy / or to get a guy! you should be losing weight for yourself and get to where you are happy with your body. If guys don't like it tough sh@& as long as your happy
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    "Eye of the beholder." To each his own, and more importantly do YOU like what you see in the mirror. My personal preference is a "fit" woman, not skinny nor chunky. She's still an obvious woman, but has worked hard to become a fit woman at that. Don't worry about muscle, it will take care of itself when you lift and workout and eat clean. Get fit, and your body will fall in line. And after you put in the hard work, YOU will love what you've accomplished...and not really give a damn what the guys think!

^^ Totally agree with this!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Its counterproductive for a site like this one but i like meat on the bones....power to the skinny women and women with more muscles than me, do ya thing lol
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Meat. But not that 65% lean fatty junk, and not the hard tasteless 90% stuff either.

75-80% lean (20-25% bodyfat) is just about right, for my burgers AND my babes. Ohh, yeah.... :smokin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Guys-I'm curious...I'm 5 foot 4 and trying to figure out a goal weight that will be healthy, and look good as well. lots of pics here show people that are total muscle, some are overweight, and some are 'average' for lack of better words. So my question is...would you rather have a super skinny girl or a girl with some meat on her bones? What's a good weight to be at and look healthy, yet on the skinny side?

Do what makes you happy. There will be men that appreciate you at any weight. I love the Steelers family picture!
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    Options
    personally for me i could careless what others prefer for me to look like!! if i cant except myself for who i am and what i am comfortable with, then how could i live up to someone else' standards of the type of body they think i should be in. I would lose the weight for myself, so i could feel good and be healthy. Never lose weight because you're trying to attract someone...there is more to love than just image.....just saying :)
  • IARXPHD
    IARXPHD Posts: 14
    Options
    Enough meat to not look like a boy, not so much as to be 2 of you.
    There tends to a relationship between your outlook on the world (crabby vs roll with it), how much you like to "play" and how creative at play and the degree of worry over weight by the opposite sex, at least in terms of how men view women.
    I'll take basically happy and playful and a little bit overweight vs grumpy, frigid and model thin.