Guys...do you wants bones or meat??

Options

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Meat. But not that 65% lean fatty junk, and not the hard tasteless 90% stuff either.

75-80% lean (20-25% bodyfat) is just about right, for my burgers AND my babes. Ohh, yeah.... :smokin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny how that worked out.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Translated: Bones are for a dog; Meat is for a man.

Disgusting phrase.
    Body shaming skinny women is not okay.

This. That's such a stupid phrase.

.....says the skinny woman. I think she meant it as a joke. I hope you did not lose your sense of humor as you were losing weight.

Really?

Really, is she skinny? Looks that way in her photo. Really, did I think she meant it as a joke? Yes. She just forgot her little smiley emoticon. Really, do I hope they did not lose their sense of humor? Absolutely. Not having a sense of humor would be so very sad. Very sad indeed. Really, it would.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I feel like if a guy has a crush on your personality, he'll be attracted to whatever type of shape your in, because he likes you. If you fit in his 'preferences' its just a bonus.

Could not have said it better myself - I typically find myself attracted to girls who, are fun to be around, like to experience life, and have a great personality. Sometimes they are less than what some people would consider "hot" but when the personality fits it really does make them look like a 10...

Even at some of my higher weights, I still had offers for dates. Now I'm married and a Mom, and have more than half my body weight to lose, and my hubs still says I'm beautiful and loves me, and needs private time :blushing: ... I agree- personality is HUGE!!! but being healthy is SO important - so trying to lose all the weight to be fit and fun with him and our boys. There are guys out there that like ALL different body types- so it doesn't really matter too much if you're not where you want to be yet- you'll meet someone that's right for you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    BellaClayton_ToplessTireOverhead.jpg

This picture is so random. Why is there a naked lady lifting tires in an abandoned lot? Why is she wearing lacy undies with sneakers? Why can't I stop staring at her *kitten*?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Disgusting phrase.

.....says the skinny woman. I think she meant it as a joke. I hope you did not lose your sense of humor as you were losing weight.

Really?

Really, is she skinny? Looks that way in her photo. Really, did I think she meant it as a joke? Yes. She just forgot her little smiley emoticon. Really, do I hope they did not lose their sense of humor? Absolutely. Not having a sense of humor would be so very sad. Very sad indeed. Really, it would.

So I can say that you being fat made you funnier?
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There is no right or wrong answer. The best answer is "Whatever you feel is best for you....*kitten* what others want and think".
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Seriously. IT'S NOT OKAY TO SKINNY BASH. Why can't people see that? We wouldn't say "Fat women are for dogs" would we? So why is okay to say that about skinny women? It hurts their feelings just like it would hurt an overweight woman's feelings.

IT'S NOT OKAY TO SKINNY BASH.

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Disgusting phrase.

So if I told you you were too fat to be attractive you'd just take that as a joke? ;]

Note - I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaar off skinny and I was the first to point out on this thread that it's a horrible thing to say.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    sir mix alot says: 36-24-36 if you're 5'3"

i think it's okay to apply those measurements to a 5'4" frame.

he don't want none unless you got buns, hon.

The next line is the best -

You can do side bends or situps but please don't lose that butt.....

This made me smile and wiggle in my chair. I am trying so hard to keep my curves in my weight loss journey but once your butt is gone it takes lots of time to build it back up which stinks. If I was a dude my vote is for fit and curvy!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Seriously. IT'S NOT OKAY TO SKINNY BASH. Why can't people see that? We wouldn't say "Fat women are for dogs" would we? So why is okay to say that about skinny women? It hurts their feelings just like it would hurt an overweight woman's feelings.

Quoted for truth
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Tell me what kind of personality she has and how adventurous she is between the sheets and then we'll talk.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    also, stop confusing fat with curvy.

women here saying "well I like curvy"...curves are your shape not size, nothing to do with how much "meat" you have.

You can be curvy at a size 6 and at a size 18. You can be straight up and down at a size 8 and a size 20.

You can be morbidly obese and not have a single curve.

You can't AIM to be curvy, or say that "real women" are curvy.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

women here saying "well I like curvy"...curves are your shape not size, nothing to do with how much "meat" you have.

You can be curvy at a size 6 and at a size 18. You can be straight up and down at a size 8 and a size 20.

WORD. To all of that.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bones, then I can play fetch with my dog.... oh wait, your talking people... um...

It doesn't matter to me, Personality rules out everything else. people can look beautiful, but if they aren't confident or have a great personality, then they will get walked all over. Knowing what you want, is the key to be happy. Look for another person after you found happyness... then make sure that person only adds to your joy, other wise they aren't worth it
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Honestly, every guy likes something different. You should be choosing how you want to look for YOU above anything else. :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Truth.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's really about how you feel when you look in the mirror. Hopefully you're doing this for yourself.

Things will get more confusing once friends/family notice your results. You'll get the "you're too skinny" comments when you know you have XX lbs more to lose. As you show results you begin to shine an uncomfortable light on the those around you with poor habits. They'll undermine you whenever possible.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Tell me what kind of personality she has and how adventurous she is between the sheets and then we'll talk.

A sassy one:smokin:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

PS: I know it might shock some, but bones are always under the meat...it's just a matter of how much you have to chew through to get there.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

PS: I know it might shock some, but bones are always under the meat...it's just a matter of how much you have to chew through to get there.

You win. Thread over.