Guys...do you wants bones or meat??

Options

Replies

• ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Im a fuller figure kinda guy. Thats just me. Do what makes you happy I say.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    Who cares what guys like more?!? Just be happy with yourself!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'4" and her best looking weight is around 120; however we are both active duty military and she has more muscle than what people in the us consider "average"

I thought women can't bulk unless on steroids or something!
    (Lots of discussions on MFP that women can't bulk and if you say that you do tend to bulk as a woman then people are all over you).

Totally off topic, but are you serious????
    Of course women can get muscle, though its not as easily gained as it can be for men, women have to work harder for it....I think when people refer to bulky, they mean serious hardcore beefcake muscle that men can get with hard work, due to their natural testosterone, and women usually need a little help to get

There is a big difference between a bulked up woman; http://yourbestyou90.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Isabell_sample2.jpg
    And a muscular woman: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sites/default/files/images/2009/articles/05may/woman-abs.jpg

I'm serious with the question. I think women can bulk. Obviously not to the degree as men.
    Didn't know there are two different terms - bulked up and muscular.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Women CAN bulk. But it takes a lot of calories (and then it's 1lb per month of muscle gain) Or they can take steroids. Women on a diet (like most women on this site) will not gain significant muscle mass. The above military woman mentioned was said to have more muscle "than average" (the average woman does NOT have a lot of muscle). He didn't say she looked like Arnold. I have more muscle "than average. I have "bulked" on purpose by eating 3000 calories a day and doing a hypertrophy lifting routine. I gained 10lbs, 4-5 of that was muscle.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I love short ribs. You get some bones and a lot of meat

^^too funny!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm serious with the question. I think women can bulk. Obviously not to the degree as men.

Here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/511229--bulky-vs-muscular-the-real-definition
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I love short ribs. You get some bones and a lot of meat

^^too funny!!

I thought this thread was going to be about steak... i must be hungry
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/511229--bulky-vs-muscular-the-real-definition

Thanks
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on what a guy wants, it will only lead you to be depressed and have problems with your self image. You can find someone great who will love you no matter what size you are. If some guy says that you have to be a certain size or weight, get rid of him, he is not worth it
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's all about self confidence. You can be super skinny or really fit. But if YOU don't believe, actually believe your pretty, then it doesn't matter. Guys love a woman with great self esteem, not cocky, but someone who KNOWS they look good. Whether you be tall or short, or skinny or thick, if you believe you are beautiful, everyone around you will see that.
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Men for the most part love CONFIDENCE! If you feel amazing and a man can tell, That is sexy. Whatever you envisioned for your body when you came on here, go for it, whether its what you think men will like or not. If you try to please all men, I'm sorry but you never will. The most important thing is that you love yourself, no matter what size. Cause its very hard for a man to love you when you dont love yourself. And trust me a girl who carries herself with confidence is better than any girl with any body type who complains about the way she looks all the time.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    meat
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight years ago, I found out my husband liked me as a size 8 but when I got to a size 3 or 5 he didnt like it at all. Every guy is different tho. Keep in mind what you will have to do for maintenance also. If you get to a size 3 you may have to do a lot of cardio and keep calories low compared to a few sizes bigger. Just a thought....
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Husband has always said that what makes a woman attractive is when 1) she is confident and 2) she has good posture. Personally (I am a tad shorter than you), I think around 130 pounds is about right. When I was a teenager, 115-120 was good for my height... now that I am older, anything much smaller than 130 seems like it would just be too much (and I'm only 27). I would say that no matter what, the key is to be tone. If you are tone, the size won't matter near as much because there won't be as much "giggly." :-)
  • fatforthewin
    Options
    I like this thread. So many guys are voting for confidence over body...I think I was brainwashed to think men only cared about sex and hot bodies : /

And the whole "you should be confident" thing...sure, but let's assume you are wearing your big girl panties today and you already thought about this. In fact, let's assume you ARE confident. From what the men have said so far, it's a lean physique - not overfat and not under-muscular (did I really just make up a word?). I guess you should figure out how to reduce your body fat percentage!

I know a couple of guys, though, that prefer skinnier women. Like, they actually prefer too little muscle tone. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mind skinny-bony guys but I don't have much of a preference, actually. It's more like, "Is he funny? Is he a gentleman? Is he considerate and sensitive? Cool. I'll take him."
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Most men that I talk to like curves way better than skinny. Except for guys in Utah (the flatter and skinnier the better). But overall, I like guys that are bigger (not super fit) have to have some softness. Becuse if they are skinnier than me I feel like I'm going to crush them, and if they are more fit than me I feel insecure. lol
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    iSNT IT MORE IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO LOVE YOURSELF THAN ANY OTHER PERSON TO 'FANCY YOU' ?

^^^^THIS^^^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. So many guys are voting for confidence over body...I think I was brainwashed to think men only cared about sex and hot bodies : /

And the whole "you should be confident" thing...sure, but let's assume you are wearing your big girl panties today and you already thought about this. In fact, let's assume you ARE confident. From what the men have said so far, it's a lean physique - not overfat and not under-muscular (did I really just make up a word?). I guess you should figure out how to reduce your body fat percentage!

I know a couple of guys, though, that prefer skinnier women. Like, they actually prefer too little muscle tone. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mind skinny-bony guys but I don't have much of a preference, actually. It's more like, "Is he funny? Is he a gentleman? Is he considerate and sensitive? Cool. I'll take him."

If all men preferred a specific and particular look, then only women who looked like that would be in relationships and the rest of us would be virgin spinsters or have to become lesbians.

Since my friends and family of all sizes, shapes and levels of fitness have managed to find love with men, I assume that men have varied tastes. And even the ones who think they're attracted to a specific look sometimes fall in love with women who don't fit that ideal and they love the body that woman has.
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

That's cuz confidence is sexy :) .. see were still thinking of sex. It's unbelievable the difference it makes though. First of all if a woman is happy with who they are that shows through. If she has love for who she is spiritually that glows. You know you will never be perfect, that's ok then you can always get better. A healhy mind and spirit will attract others that are also healthy.

Remember, you can still be happy with who you are and still want to improve.
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Women CAN bulk. But it takes a lot of calories (and then it's 1lb per month of muscle gain) Or they can take steroids. Women on a diet (like most women on this site) will not gain significant muscle mass. The above military woman mentioned was said to have more muscle "than average" (the average woman does NOT have a lot of muscle). He didn't say she looked like Arnold. I have more muscle "than average. I have "bulked" on purpose by eating 3000 calories a day and doing a hypertrophy lifting routine. I gained 10lbs, 4-5 of that was muscle.

True enough and the type of bulk or the degree, is not like the women you see using steroids. Hormones is the key to adding serious mass of any kinc. Most men have capabilities to put on mass because they have the hormones to do so. Women do not have the same hormonal profile so they tend not to gain muscle very easily but that does not mean they can't.

Most women who want to stay quite lean will not gaing much mass at all, enough to get a toned look which is what most women would want.