Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Never come to MFP and post about your spouse.. by the end of the thread you will have a ton of people telling you to divorce him/her and the he/she is an abusive jerk.

It amazes me how everything always turns to that.. even the "1 email" thread earlier.. must be a ton of bitter people out there.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    marriagesymbolfunny.jpg

OMG LMAO!!! I LOVE THIS!!! HAHA.

Keep communication open between you 2, be supportive of each other, make plenty of alone time.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Here is my honest answer:

I think marriage is a lot of work, but worth it when you are with the right person! This person should be your best friend, someone you can be honest with and play around with! You should be able to communicate with this person on all levels! Never stop dating and never take the other for granted! Respect one another and most important: Have A Sexy Fun Sex Life!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

9821387.png
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Our dogs eat their poop, too!
    YES! :love:
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Don't let being married stop you from dating...date your spouse.

Don't expect things to be the same five years after the wedding. Relationships change and evolve. So many marriages end in divorce because too many people are not prepared for this.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    3) Never let your babies sleep in bed with you...they'll never stop and that should be a sacred place between you and your husband

THEY NEVER LEAVE YOUR BED, IF YOU DON'T MAKE THEM LEAVE ... That statement is false in my case. Share my bed with all my kids and oddly, I still went on to have more..;. This is very true for a lot of people. When kids are involved, do what you feel is best.

I don't have kids so I wouldn't know...I think that was some advice that she was given and followed cause the only time we were allowed to sleep in bed with her was when my dad was deployed. I do know a lot of my friends whose 5 and 6 year olds sleep with them and their spouse and they say its completely ruined their sex life...but I never looked at it from the perspective that they were not trying hard enough to "MAKE THEM LEAVE."

Great advice!
    NEVER EVER let your kids sleep with you unless they are sick or unless they are scared from a thunder storm. That is a horrible habit to get into. That is a fast track to divorce. I've seen it happen a lot. Besides kids need to learn to comfort themselves.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Anal is what makes love last forever.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    experiment with toys") invest in a swing

I second this. A swing is a great investment.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I made this into a cross stitch for your living room, Kort!

4qomfk.png
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

^ I concur. :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I made this into a cross stitch for your living room, Kort!

4qomfk.png

*writing thank you note to GMF* .. thank you for the lovely cross stitch! We're going to hang it above the couch in our sitting room! love, kort
  • amysmith987
    Options
    You cannot change people...you can only change the way your react to them.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    When you feel like you simply want to MURDER each other for petty things, take a look at your finances.
    Chances are, you are stressed out about money.
    Once you realise this, you can calm down.
    The money problems will still be there but you can curb the other stress.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Oh, P.S. we keep our money separate. Best relationship decision I've ever made. We still consult each other on large purchases, etc., but my money is mine, his is his, and things that need both of us to contribute to are ours.

What else? Butt stuff, obvs. important...

We do go on dates - love a good date night. We always act silly and do ridiculous things just to make each other laugh... hearing his laugh is one of my favorite things in the world!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Oh, P.S. we keep our money separate. Best relationship decision I've ever made. We still consult each other on large purchases, etc., but my money is mine, his is his, and things that need both of us to contribute to are ours.

We do go on dates - love a good date night. We always act silly and do ridiculous things just to make each other laugh... hearing his laugh is one of my favorite things in the world!

Glad that works for you... I know one couple that it's seriously a detriment to their marriage... but it's mostly because they aren't being open and honest about their money.... whereas, my DH and I have one account for the both of us and it works for us.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

I trust that you guys have your **** together. I apologize for the serious replies. I just wanted some LOLZ. HA HA HA YEAH LOLZ ZOMG OMFG
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

^ I concur. :drinker:
    '

And this is just one reason this young lady is one of my most treasured MFPeeps lol.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

*tears*
    *lulz*
    *awwwws*

Here is a quick reply to many great tips:

I make the best sammiches, and I brew the beer, mmkay?
    We have both been in a LOT of therapy, so the whole 'communication' thing comes naturally!
    I already refer to him as my second husband - the first was a dud.
    I'm definitely, for sure, 100% positive this is the guy I want to marry and spend my life with
    We are best friends
    Although we're BFFs, we still have our own lives too!
    Sex comes easy and often, even when he doesn't want to
    "The panties go over the garter" - words to live by.. words to live by..
    We're not having children - so thankfully none of that business is even applicable (thank god)
    Our dogs eat their poop, too!
    We do go to bed angry. Sometimes you gotta step away and cool off. We never go to bed without saying, "I love you." though.

Awww, good luck and congrats!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Love is a choice, not a feeling

Also, like someone else said...never stop dating
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Marriage is great. My husband and I (yes, gay marriage is legal in Canada) have been married for 8 years and I have never been happier. I recommend marriage for everyone. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.