Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had sent cards to everyone to mail back with such advice.

Another friend passed around a book for everyone to write in during the bridal shower, wedding reception, etc.

MY unsolicited ADVICE: If you always are looking out for each other and think of the other person before yourself, your marriage will go far. He always tries to make you happy, and you always try to make him happy, then everyone ends up happy :) but it takes TWO. Don't forget to tell each other how important you are to each other, even after many years. Hold hands like little kids, and snuggle up on dates. and don't forget to go on dates! I haven't been married forever, but I have 10 years of marriage experience, and I'd say those things will carry you through a lot, even times of fighting.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

6) But yourself aside sometimes...its okay to put him and his needs first sometimes...even if this means doing something you don't like.

Like anal.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options

6) But yourself aside sometimes...its okay to put him and his needs first sometimes...even if this means doing something you don't like.

Like anal.

Or other things. Like oral.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Like anal.
    I think that's exactly what they meant. Notice how they used "but" -- oh so close to "butt" -- instead of "put"?
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Let your other half be right every once in a while, even know there not.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Vote the way your husband tells you too
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sex...outside...on the trampoline...

Who said we bought it just for the kids? :drinker:

hmmmm a must try

:laugh: :laugh: LOVE it! :laugh: I was afraid I was the only one.:bigsmile:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I won't offer any advice.

I wish you both the very best in life.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Vote the way your husband tells you too
    Exactly! This was the prerequisite for allowing y'all to vote! :angry:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Check out Boobs together!
    Smack em' if they let a fine rack walk by without telling you!
    At least once a year slather them up with honey, and see what comes next.
    Never bring a third person into your marriage... but insist on a 5th!
    Talk about Money! Don't live on credit!
    Don't let the little stuff bug you, like if you don't want them squeezing the toothpaste from the top - get your own damn toothpaste.
    Remember that actually being married is completely different than getting married.

If you do all of this and then ACTUALLY CHECK OUT BOOBS together I'll give ya a 50/50 chance!

Also, as soon as you decide to have kids. You decide there will be someone else on earth your spouse loves more than you!

Good Luck!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sex...outside...on the trampoline...

Who said we bought it just for the kids? :drinker:

Sounds like a broken wiener waiting to happen. :laugh:

LMAO!!! Sex in many places work.

If you don't want him now, you wont want him later. Kids do change every thing. If they are living together now, nothing will really change right away. They will change over time though. So just brace for it. Have fun.

Sex, in the parking lot, in the backseat of your car after date nite. That's a real winner.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Never go to bed angry.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Kick his butt once a day whether he needs it or not

Amen. :-)
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    LoViNlIFe0225 Posts: 121
    Options
    Like anal.
    I think that's exactly what they meant. Notice how they used "but" -- oh so close to "butt" -- instead of "put"?

LOL!!! TYPO! But whatever floats your boat! :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    you can never go wrong with:

bacon
    sex
    bj's

and when you put all 3 together he won't even notice that new really expensive ____ that you bought.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Men and women speak entirely different languages. Learn to communicate with your spouse in his language and vice versa.

Marriage-Misunderstanding.jpg
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    LoViNlIFe0225 Posts: 121
    Options
    3) Never let your babies sleep in bed with you...they'll never stop and that should be a sacred place between you and your husband

THEY NEVER LEAVE YOUR BED, IF YOU DON'T MAKE THEM LEAVE ... That statement is false in my case. Share my bed with all my kids and oddly, I still went on to have more..;. This is very true for a lot of people. When kids are involved, do what you feel is best.

I don't have kids so I wouldn't know...I think that was some advice that she was given and followed cause the only time we were allowed to sleep in bed with her was when my dad was deployed. I do know a lot of my friends whose 5 and 6 year olds sleep with them and their spouse and they say its completely ruined their sex life...but I never looked at it from the perspective that they were not trying hard enough to "MAKE THEM LEAVE."
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Give him a hug and a kiss when you see him after work, every day. Then, take a few moments to ask how his day went, and then listen with genuine curiosity. Hopefully he will do the same.

This is more appreciated than you know.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Remember, he is your master and you are his slave. Whatever he asks, you do. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He better come home to a warm meal, silent children and you standing naked at the door. No exceptions.

Good luck.

I'm seriously hoping that was tongue in cheek....

I'm sure he'd prefer something else in cheek...

I'm sure he would but if my treated me as a slave, well that is moot because I wouldn't have chosen that weak of a man. If that is the life you live I feel sorry for you.