Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Remember, he is your master and you are his slave. Whatever he asks, you do. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He better come home to a warm meal, silent children and you standing naked at the door. No exceptions.

Good luck.

I'm seriously hoping that was tongue in cheek....

Be honest ALWAYS, especially when it comes to money matters. Have a date night at least once a week, life has a way of taking over, try not to go to bed mad, don't say things that are permanently hurtful because you are temporarily upset and remember the things that made you want to marry him/her in the first place.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    marriagesymbolfunny.jpg
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Never stop flirting.

When you have kids just remember, they're passing through and will move out one day. Your spouse will (hopefully) be there for life so don't focus all your attention on your kids. They'll be better off if you have a good, strong marriage and they aren't the center of the universe! (And the rest of the universe will appreciate you for not making more special little snowflakes.)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Check his texts daily.

And his pockets and wallet

Shoot, I check his pockets and wallet so I can steal from it... *lol*
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    A good wife is good at making their hubby feel like he's in charge even if he's really not. :laugh:

My husband says this all the time, it sounds more like "Honey, you and I both know you are the boss in this relationship but around our friends can we make it look like its me....even if they really know the truth."

Date Night is a must....and not with friends....every now and then do a "just the two of us" date night!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Remember, he is your master and you are his slave. Whatever he asks, you do. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He better come home to a warm meal, silent children and you standing naked at the door. No exceptions.

Good luck.

I'm sure he'd prefer something else in cheek...
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't be a kniving, dramatic, narcissistic, medling, man-hating, pop culture fembot and you should do fine.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Good luck.

Wait! You don't do this? It's the epitomy of my day!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Two Words..... Crotchless Panties.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    These replies are far too serious, people. :angry:

Please, more trolling.

OK, since this is from the OP, I'll dip into the sarcasm file:

After the wedding, introduce him as your FIRST husband.

Have separate bathrooms.
  • redrover717
    Options
    Remember it's never going to be 50/50- and don't keep score! You're in this together... every day, for the rest of your days. It's not about "winning" or "losing" or about who took the garbage out last.

Also remember to remain grateful (AND SAY THANK YOU!) for the little things- that he did the dishes, that she cleaned the shower.

Finally- talk about (mostly) everything. Communication is key. If you're not happy about something- say something. If you're not getting what you need- say something. People aren't mind readers.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Two Words..... Crotchless Panties.

and we have a winner.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Never call your spouse idiot, moron, stupid, etc.........remember that person chose you, so he/she must be pretty smart!

How about douche canoe?
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    marriagesymbolfunny.jpg

Yup. Hence the reason for MGTOW!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Makes me sad to see some peoples' responses on here to marriage...take it with a grain of salt.

I love being married and love my husband. He is a good man.

My advice is to cherish each other....even the bad times as much as possible. A man needs to feel respect from his wife and a woman needs to feel cherished from her husband.

Take your vows seriously. Your relationship is SACRED.....treat it as though you were carrying the most precious piece of gold in your hands through a mine field. Believe me there are forces at work to try and destroy a beautiful thing, so be alert and aware. Don't let your guard down.

Patience, respect...playfulness.....I hope your friend's marriage has these things and so much more!

Blessings and Peace for a beautiful future!~
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Things I knew and learned within the last 2 years of my once rocky marriage...

1. It's normal and OK to fight.
    2. Communicate your wants and needs
    3. Go on date nights.
    4. Remind him "what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine".
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Don't marry somebody you wouldn't want to be divorced from ... seriously
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    20-years with my guy... sex... often... with each other. ;)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Start as you mean to go on. If you can't see yourself in 10 years picking up his underwear of the floor and making his lunches, don't do it in the first place. Remember to look at things from his point of view when he seems like he's being totally ridiculous. He may actually have a point. Or he may not, but still try to understand.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Two Words..... No Panties.

There I fixed it.