Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    well, it's not healthy but in an emergency and for one day only you can take diuretics and drink water and black coffee. You should be able to lose enough water and empty your colon enough to go down one size. But watch drinking alcohol like this because you will already be severly dehydrated and can get really sick! And for the record...I am not advocating this as a healthy diet tip!!!

Thank, yes, its just for a day... thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful response.

Okay, so the diuretic and dehydrate yourself club get "thank you for your thoughtful responses," but the healthier alternative Spanx crowd gets ignored? Yeah... that makes sense.

You don't need to make weight like a wrestler does. They can't wear Spanx to meet their weight class. However, YOU can wear Spanx to look better in a dress that "fits." So throw the dangerous stuff out the window and go shopping. They sell generic Spanx cheaper as well if you cannot afford the official brand.

I was just thinking the same thing.
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    From high school wrestling when people were trying to make weight: Sweat suit pants, trashbag over your topwith 2 shirts underneath, thick hoodie over that. Then start doing cardio. you'd be amazed how much weight you can drop in an hour. NO hard running, no need for a ridiculous pace, just keep your heart rate up. My best was 4 lbs, but i know people who dropped 6 lbs in an hr and a half this way. After make sure to have half a protein shake or something to help your muscles heal.
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can take a detox bath - google it - I'm late to the thread. Sometimes it helps and isn't harmful.
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Is this even.... real? o.o
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut off a leg. I heard that works. Or shave your head. That is what the wrestlers used to do in high school

Woah woah woah. Come on now. I directly fit into the category.... lol

You cut off a leg?????

Once. I got better.

it's merely a flesh wound. Come back here... I'll bite your leg off!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    one word -
    TROLL
    Good for a laugh though!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Is this even.... real? o.o

Momma just killed a man ~
  • amykane1429
    Options
    Buy a new dress. Stressing your body (even for one day) isn't going to make the dress magically fit, and you probably won't feel your best for partying anyway.

Now you can focus on getting your goals met in a conscious way before the next big event.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks, I should have been more specific in my question. Water weight is the onlything i meant...that and bloat if there's a diff. I figured the peeps that know this stuff would write, I should have counted on the ill-informed haters on writing anyway :)

Or perhaps you should have asked that question? What you asked was not about water weight or blat it was about weight. Don't ask a question and then get upset when people answer it.
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    I would try the Sue Sylvester master cleanse!

A concoction that is prepared out of maple syrup (supplies glucose), water, lemon juice (for acid), cayenne pepper ( to have the bowels irritated) and a bit of a vomiting agent, ipecac.

SueSylvester-Glee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did the master cleanse for two weeks and I lost my first 5 pounds on it. Cleanses are good for you if you do it for longer than a day.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Was this topic a joke? Please tell me it is!!!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Poop with all of your might!

^^THIS^^^^
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You might be able to lose weight that might show on the scale, but inches to fit in a dress at the last minute...:noway: I agree with the spanx.
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I heard a colonic can make you lose like 10 to 15lbs of waste weight...and makes your tummy flatter. You could try that!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    buy a bigger dress?
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sitting back to watch the show....

:) me too.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse for two weeks and I lost my first 5 pounds on it. Cleanses are good for you if you do it for longer than a day.
    Poppycock.

The body does an excellent job of "cleansing" itself. Just treat it right and it will treat you right. There is no "cleanse" as effective as simply eating well.

"The best way to 'detox' the body is simply to let your body do its job. Unless you have a medical problem, your body takes care of itself quite nicely, experts say.

"The liver and kidneys are nature's best-kept secret, because they are the weapons to eliminate toxins from your body," says Gerbstadt. "If you are concerned about certain substances in your diet, it is easier and safer to simply eliminate [those substances] rather than engage in unhealthy detox plans."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths
    http://lifehacker.com/5908996/why-body-detoxification-is-a-myth-and-you-should-stop-wasting-money-on-detox-products

I heard a colonic can make you lose like 10 to 15lbs of waste weight...and makes your tummy flatter. You could try that!
    Horse hockey.

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread went away
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Why didn't you ask this question last week, or last month?
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    There's wrong with taking drastic measures to fit into a dress. It's not gona crash ur metabolism to fast a day. Gosh people are crazy. Bring on the negotiate comments, I really don't care. As for my response. do something like the 48 hour Hollywood diet so you get some nutrition and a vitamin. Then maybe add some benifiber to you know "clear the colon. Working out might make u swell a little if it's the night before and prob not a good idea with the fasting. Other then that there's not much else you can do in 24hours other than spanx.