Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse for two weeks and I lost my first 5 pounds on it. Cleanses are good for you if you do it for longer than a day.
    Poppycock.

The body does an excellent job of "cleansing" itself. Just treat it right and it will treat you right. There is no "cleanse" as effective as simply eating well.

"The best way to 'detox' the body is simply to let your body do its job. Unless you have a medical problem, your body takes care of itself quite nicely, experts say.

"The liver and kidneys are nature's best-kept secret, because they are the weapons to eliminate toxins from your body," says Gerbstadt. "If you are concerned about certain substances in your diet, it is easier and safer to simply eliminate [those substances] rather than engage in unhealthy detox plans."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths
    http://lifehacker.com/5908996/why-body-detoxification-is-a-myth-and-you-should-stop-wasting-money-on-detox-products

I heard a colonic can make you lose like 10 to 15lbs of waste weight...and makes your tummy flatter. You could try that!
    Horse hockey.

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology

I've always read and been told that a healthy body does not need to be cleansed through some special method. Now if you're looking for a short-term low-calorie diet/fast that's a different, I guess it's worth a try. But it's not medically necessary or even desirable.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Get in a time machine. Go back a month from today and tell yourself that you need to lose some weight before tonight. Either it will work, or you will go insane from the time paradox.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Poop with all of your might!

^^^ LOL.....this actually might work. get a sparkling laxative from you local grocery store. works fast so make sure you have no plans for a few hours.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Spanx or a good girdle!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    since this thread started yesterday, anyone know how she did? hahahahaha

sorry, I find this to be so funny
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Exercise like theres no tomorrow?
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Didn't even notice that. lol
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    Spanx. I hear they work wonders. It won't make a difference on the scale but could help you look great and feel really confident in your dress.

yep...and you could wear like 3
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to her before/after Success Stories photos
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

Drop weight or drop inches?

I really don't see how dropping weight - stated goal - will help you fit in dress better.

Carb depletion in muscles is way for quick shrink, if you have the muscles holding on to carbs to shrink in the first place.

In fasted state, do a long moderate HR cardio session. With few carbs available in liver to power the workout, the muscle glucose stores will be tapped, as glucose used, water goes out.

To intense muscle may be broken down too, which I guess would be same result, but probably not in desired areas.

The glucose muscle stores, BTW, will only come from the muscles being used.

So pick the cardio workout that is using the muscles under the fat that is in the way of the dress.
  • AwesomePamT
    AwesomePamT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try a body wrap at spa...as that will reduce inches temporarily but will all go back on in next couple of days....
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Haha "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd". Why? Cause someone will tell you ur being ridiculous? Because you are being ridiculous. You are fasting so u can fit in a dress you already fit into Grab some spanx and call it a day! It will smooth out the wrinkles and if u buy it a size bigger its actually comfortable too. Everyone wins.

*runs back to the "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd" headquarters*

hahahahaha! THIS!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Either you were smart and bought a dress that looks very nice on you and actually fits, or you are not so smart and bought something that does not fit that great and looks not so swell. I am thinking the second.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Cut off your arm. If pain isn't your game, take an enormous dump.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Girdle time!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Weird. On my monitor, the original post is dated 05/18/12. :huh:
  • stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe she plans on getting some *kitten* after the event, and doesn't want somebody to see that she was wearing spanx haha. If that is the case the person wont care, because they are getting some *kitten* too!

I've obtained some mighty fine *kitten* wearing Spanx. I was like a sausage coming out of it's casing. Delicious..

Have we met???
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i get what she is saying...

the women has lost like a 100 pounds + and is 14 lbs from her goal weight.. she is going tomorrow to an event where people whom maybe havent seen her in a long time are... and she wants to wow them... maybe her ex is going to be there and she wants him to drool.. maybe that ***** from high school that teased her will be there...

she wants the wow factor... I UNDERSTAND HUN.... i cant wait for the day i can do it too!!!!

there are wraps you can get from health food stores that will "reduce" your inches big time and i think the effects last a couple of days or something.... so if that is what you are looking for to tighten up.. i would look into those... ( i did one for giggles and it reduced me a little.. for lke 24 hours.. )

other than that.. for the sodium water weight issue. i find green tea and more water than i ever thought was possible and spend a good hour or so in a hot sauna.

i hope this helps

and have fun at your event... i am sure you will wow them all no matter if you lose this water weight or not.. your stunning

Award for the nicest, most considerate answer yet. (Actually the only nice considerate answer, but still, a winner). Still working my way through responses). Can't wait to find out what she did and if it worked! Coffee break over soon, hope I can make it to the end.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can contract a nasty stomach virus and lose 3-5 lbs overnight or you can contact Dr. Who, go back in time and do the work it requires to get it done correctly.

You're seriously just deluding and cheating yourself by doing something intentionally crappy to your body.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    buy a new dress. good luck.