Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• rosiejocotton
    Options
    No, I don't.
    I think the world is mysterious and fascinating as it is, no need to try and make it more complicated.
    There's still so much we don't know, like what's at the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean and in the darkest cave.
    not to mention what's above us, lightyears away in space.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think some people are sensitive to ghosts/spirits and some aren't. If you are, you see them. If not, you don't.

I agree with others. I've had a ton of experiences and my kids have the "gift" too, but don't want to share it here and listen to the ridicule from the non-believers.

I would state the same. I have a life time of stories that I have witnessed first hand and in some cases with witnesses. I enjoy reading the stories of others but I can't begin to describe a life time of seeing and witnessing spirits/paranormal activity. I don't fret the nay sayers. It's obvious to me it is only because they haven't seen them to understand and I count them as fortunate.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I had one just last night that creeped me out completely. I am a nurse in aged care, one of my coworkers and I walked into an empty room where a patient died a month or so ago. All of a sudden we felt a omnipressant weight descending on us making our arms feel heavy and like we couldn't breathe. We hightailed it out of there real quick! I went in there this afternoon to see if I could feel it again and nothing. I got the room blessed tonight just in case. One of my colleagues is into all things spiritual and reckons we were both sensitive to spirits and it happened because we were both in the room. It certainly didn't feel like a friendly spirit at all.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My father died suddenly the day after my 14th birthday. I don't believe in ghosts because if there were such a thing, I think he would at least said goodbye.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ive never had any experiences but my mom has and my brother claims he has.

First one, when my mom and auntie were young like 8&9 they lived in an apartment above their mom's sewing shop. The window of the apartment looked down into the shop. Well the shop had a mannequin in it facing away from the apartment window. My aunt swears she was looking down one day and the mannequin was normal and a second later the head part was turned around looking directlyy at her. No one was in the shop to move it. And my auntie is a rational no bull**** kind of lady.

My brother was in our cousins room and saw a white transparent cloud in the shape of a man standing in front of the closet. It just slowly dissolved as he looked at it.

My mom has woken up several times unable to move or speak and feels a "presence" watching her. Never actually saw anything though.
    Once when my stepdad was working night shifts they both experienced something. We lived in a little apartment with the parking spaces right in front so we could hear his truck pull in at night. Well my mom was sleeping and was woken up by the sound of his truck pulling in. A few minutes later she hears him come in the room, feels him lay behind her and put his arm around her. She drifts back to sleep. Turns out it wasnt my stepdad. When he actually does get home he goes to lay beside her and physicslly feels something push him clear across the bed away from her! Didnt see anything, just felt it. But on their king size bed it would be impossible unless he was actually pushed by something. My stepdad is well over 200lbs.
    So we believe there is something following my mom (happens in all the different places weve lived) and tries or can do thingscto her at night when shes sleeping.
    My other aunt says when she was around 23-24 she woke unable to move and felt this "evil" thing was sitting on her chest trying to suffocate her. She felt like it was taunting her. My auntie is kind of weird cause she got angry instead of scared. She says the angrier she felt the more she could move. Finally she was able to raise her arm and she made a downward slashing motion like ripping it off her and she swears that she heard what can only be described as a witch's cackle laughter. She doesnt know if it was all a wild dream or not but thats friggin weird.

That waking up and being paralysed thing is awful - I've had it a few times. It's called sleep paralysis and is because your body releases something to paralyse your muscles in your sleep (so you don't flail about) and it's when it's still in your system and you wake up. both of my times have been accompanied by some pretty awful dreams, and the last time I could hear someone whispering to me from by the bed...was horrendous!

Wow, you heard whispering? Thats fkn creepy! I thought you were going to put my fears to rest but you made me more scared! Atleast my mom never heard/saw anything when it happened to her.

Haha it was all part of a dream, it's when you're half awake half asleep. So I was in bed and could move my eyes to look around, but I saw my gf at the time kneel up silently, stare at me, then lie back down and go to sleep. Pretty sure that didn't happen so I must have been dreaming it. Feels so real though.

That is so freaky. My mom was definitely up atleast one of the times though. She could move her toes which were touching my stepdads leg. She just kept scratching his leg until he turned around and grabbed her. It broke whatever was making her unable to move.
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Since my dad passed after a LONG battle with cancer, I have had several visits from him. In the first visit, he actually kept me safe. There is this poem where a grandfather explains finding pennies to his grandchild as a sign that your angel had been there with you. One summer, I was on my way to meet my hubby where we were going to camp. On the way, it started raining REALLY hard, and I wound up hydroplaning in a curve on top of a mountain. I hit a guard rail head on, bounced back, then hit it again, spun around and my back wheels ran off the road on the OTHER side where it was a sheer drop and no guard rail. My fender HAPPENED to catch a sign post and held long enough to let the tires catch and pulled me back out into the road where I headed off to the OTHER side once again. Spun a 180 and wound up stopped in the middle of the road. Pulled off to the side where I called hubby. The car in front of me didn't stop to check, just kept on going and called 911 telling them I went down the mountain so here came all the rescuers. The sign post had actually poked a hole into the gas tank. Got my wrecker driver there and we backed off letting all the people do their jobs. I told him how much my dad always thought of him and his dad. As we talked, I looked down and there between my feet was a penny!!!! My dad had been there to help me out. I did all this spinning and hitting stuff in a Ford Explorer, known for flipping. The date? One year TO THE DAY that we had buried my dad. THAT was #1 incident.

#2 On my birthday my hubby and I went out to eat. We got to the restaurant and hubby left the table to go to the restroom. When he left, the song, I'm Already There by Diamond Rio came on, so I wound up in tears :(. That was playing as I copied pics for a memorial table the day dad died. Hubby came back to find me devastated, and just gave me room to relax and gain control after I kinda sorta got out what was going on. Then the light over our table began to flicker. It continued this all through our meal, flickering on and off. Didn't do it before the song at all. Toward the end of the meal, I asked hubby if he realized that meant daddy had spent my birthday dinner with us :flowerforyou: Then on the way home, To Dance With My Father Again began to play on my CD. I looked at the display and it said 1/7. When is my birthday??? Jan 7!!!!!!!

#3 Two Christmases ago my sister was shopping for food to cook. As she walked through the ice cream, a Black Walnut dropped off the shelf. That was my dad's favorite. Christmas Eve night after we all left mom's, she said she went to bed, and as she laid there she heard footsteps in the kitchen. She got up to confront the intruder, and found no one was there!!! The more she thought, the more they had sounded like daddy's steps. Christmas Day, my family was sitting in our living room getting ready to open presents. Suddenly, the storm door opened about half way up and slowly closed. Hubby went to the door, there was no wind outside!!! Daddy had visited all of us for Christmas!
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    P.S

YES, I believe!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    In the middle of my grandmothers wake, an ice cream truck drove by playing a jingle. Now, a year later, sometimes when we visit her grave, the same ice cream truck drives by with the same jingle.

I like to think its her saying hello
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I think some people are sensitive to ghosts/spirits and some aren't. If you are, you see them. If not, you don't.

I agree with others. I've had a ton of experiences and my kids have the "gift" too, but don't want to share it here and listen to the ridicule from the non-believers.

this....