Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options

Replies

• hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I had a beautiful pet dog who used top sleep on the end of my bed. Since she passed away I have heard her jump of my bed and walk out of the room many times.

I have had one of my dogs sit at my Hall door from this room and start growling an barking, yet when I looked there was nothing there. He does not do that anymore since we had the house prayed over.
    I have more:
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I saw my dead cat walking through the kitchen once.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I had a huge obsession about ghosts. I'd go to the library and read every book that was there on them. I'm surprised my mom let me. I'd freak myself out to the point where I started hearing voices in my room at night and seeing floating white things in the darkness.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    My beloved greyhound visited me a few days after he died. I had turned out the light to go to sleep and I felt him at the side of the bed where he would come for a goodnight cuddle every night. I felt him lay his head on my shoulder like always and then he sort of sighed and was gone. I felt so comforted. I know he is ok..he came to tell me so. I miss him every day, and that has never happened again.

This made me cry :cry:
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple that I'll share in brief:

I have held and spoken to my nan since her passing. I imaged her bedroom and it almost appeared there, and so did she. Usually with a dream, once your mind realises it is a dream, you wake up- but this i didn't 'wake' from. I have also had a medium (one who comes to YOU with answers rather than seeking u out) who described in detail her sons (my uncles) death, along with a few other bigger things such as being told a close person will be in a new job working with 2 people (of which he named) and my boyfriend is now in that position :) There were loads of other comments that were spot on.

I have spoken to a young girl in my nans house also. When describing her, my auntie felt like I was describing my little cousin who died just after birth- I was the spitting image of her when newly born. My nan also predicted that Tara, my cousin would pass shortly after birth and she was right. She also informed her doctor of a baby girl due to be born! A lot happened at my nans house, which I believe to be because me and my nan share open-mindedness and spirituality. Although, she said she had never seen anyone there at all in the time she lived there. On the same night a man lay between me and my nan (after I jumped into her bed as i as scared!) of which I believe now to be the one watching over her. She used to fall asleep with cigarettes in her hand, lit, and burned the carpet on numerous occasions, yet no fire.

One funnier, more laughable experience was messing around with my secondary school best friend at her house once. I as jokingly shouting 'show your presence' three times, and on the third the door had slammed shut! Freaky!

I have seen a couple of pets here and there, not taking notice at the time as it felt normal!

I have had numerous experiences, but they would take so long to write up! :)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hmm okay, when i was about 7 a large wolf wondered into my room, completely freaked me out. But no one else could see it..
    I always assumed i had been imagining it, but i have seen it around occassionally, like its stalking me.. Proberlly my first experience of a spirit.

2 friends of mine, one is native american[don't know the nation] and the other is into wicca... or something like that

told me that if you see animal spirits, they are more or less your guardians. They protect you, so don't be scared.... That is if you go with their logics

Still don't understand what they are supposed to protect you from

I find this really interesting because I've dreamt of wolves and tigers many times! Yey! I have guardians!! :happy:
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This is a true story that happened very recently. A widow in our church was at home and alone when her cell phone rang. The caller I.D. said the call was coming from her land line (the house she was in). She answered the phone, but there was no one on the line. She just said. " I miss you and I love you" and hung up the phone. It was the 1 year anniversary of her husbands death. This is not the type of woman to make up a story, so I believe her 100 percent.

That gave me chills.

Me too.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hmm okay, when i was about 7 a large wolf wondered into my room, completely freaked me out. But no one else could see it..
    I always assumed i had been imagining it, but i have seen it around occassionally, like its stalking me.. Proberlly my first experience of a spirit.

About 5 years ago i was in the attic filming randomly, and then someone sat up at the back of the attic and turned to face me, i caught it on camera, screemed, jumped out of the loft and ran out of the house. But ofcourse no one was in the loft.

In my old house everyday at about 3am someone would walk from my mums room, to the bathroom, close the door, turn on the light, flush the loo, turn off the light, open the door, and walk down stairs...
    Now i always assumed it was my mum. Until one day it happened and she yelled from her room, lauren you do this every single ****ing night go back to bed... And i was just there like its not me, and its not you.. And we're the only 2 people that live in this house..
    Anyway it freaked me out so much i asked a mate to stay the next night, we decided to sleep downstairs as my room was so tiny. When the noises started she began to cry, saying she didnt know it would be this bad. She assumed i had just been hearing floor panels squeak or something..

Then i moved into the house im in now, with my fiance and his family.
    I was in the lounge once in the middle of the night, on my laptop facing the patio doors. I saw the reflection of someone walk into the room, i looked up, (and i needed to speak to lisa, my fiance mum.. But she looks so similar to her daughter. There the same height, weight, with the same hair, skin colour, etc, etc..) So i turned round to see if it was lisa or her daughter..
    And no one was there. I turned back to the patio window and there the random woman was stood right behind my chair stairing down at the back of my head.
    I dropped my laptop and ran pretty much crying to my fiance.

I also see glimpses of this man at the top of the stairs. He stands behind the banister and creeps over. I see him sometimes starring at me, and he pulls his head straight back. Im the only one who see's him, but he terrifies me. I feel like he is waiting for me to be in the house alone. (Theres 6 of us here, so the house is never empty). It terrifies me to the point that i cant be in the hallway with the light off incase he sneaks up on me.

I also saw 2 pet rats in the kitchen here once, it was obviouse they where pets because of their white markings. I was like omg lisa there are rats in the kitchen!! My fiance said he use to have pete rats that lived in the kitchen. He showed me a picture of them, and it was the rats i saw.
    That was the second experience that i know of seeing an animal ghost..

I have many more but i think there the biggest.

EDIT ->>..

Another big one, in my old house when i lived with my mum, she went out for the night leaving me home alone.
    I was watching most haunted, it was a celebrity special.
    I was sat on the sofa and behind me was a massive mirror. But then just the wall dividing the lounge and the kitchen.
    At one point a celebrity got really angry and yelled "if there is a ****ing ghost here, just bang on the ****ing wall!!!".
    And the wall behind me banged loudly 3 times. And i spun round looking at the mirror and it was swinging like it had been knocked.
    Scared the **** out of me!!
    I was worried the ghost thought it had been me yelling at it..

Holy crap!!!
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

Me too :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

About 5 years ago i was in the attic filming randomly, and then someone sat up at the back of the attic and turned to face me, i caught it on camera, screemed, jumped out of the loft and ran out of the house. But ofcourse no one was in the loft.

In my old house everyday at about 3am someone would walk from my mums room, to the bathroom, close the door, turn on the light, flush the loo, turn off the light, open the door, and walk down stairs...
    Now i always assumed it was my mum. Until one day it happened and she yelled from her room, lauren you do this every single ****ing night go back to bed... And i was just there like its not me, and its not you.. And we're the only 2 people that live in this house..
    Anyway it freaked me out so much i asked a mate to stay the next night, we decided to sleep downstairs as my room was so tiny. When the noises started she began to cry, saying she didnt know it would be this bad. She assumed i had just been hearing floor panels squeak or something..

Then i moved into the house im in now, with my fiance and his family.
    I was in the lounge once in the middle of the night, on my laptop facing the patio doors. I saw the reflection of someone walk into the room, i looked up, (and i needed to speak to lisa, my fiance mum.. But she looks so similar to her daughter. There the same height, weight, with the same hair, skin colour, etc, etc..) So i turned round to see if it was lisa or her daughter..
    And no one was there. I turned back to the patio window and there the random woman was stood right behind my chair stairing down at the back of my head.
    I dropped my laptop and ran pretty much crying to my fiance.

I also see glimpses of this man at the top of the stairs. He stands behind the banister and creeps over. I see him sometimes starring at me, and he pulls his head straight back. Im the only one who see's him, but he terrifies me. I feel like he is waiting for me to be in the house alone. (Theres 6 of us here, so the house is never empty). It terrifies me to the point that i cant be in the hallway with the light off incase he sneaks up on me.

I also saw 2 pet rats in the kitchen here once, it was obviouse they where pets because of their white markings. I was like omg lisa there are rats in the kitchen!! My fiance said he use to have pete rats that lived in the kitchen. He showed me a picture of them, and it was the rats i saw.
    That was the second experience that i know of seeing an animal ghost..

I have many more but i think there the biggest.

EDIT ->>..

Another big one, in my old house when i lived with my mum, she went out for the night leaving me home alone.
    I was watching most haunted, it was a celebrity special.
    I was sat on the sofa and behind me was a massive mirror. But then just the wall dividing the lounge and the kitchen.
    At one point a celebrity got really angry and yelled "if there is a ****ing ghost here, just bang on the ****ing wall!!!".
    And the wall behind me banged loudly 3 times. And i spun round looking at the mirror and it was swinging like it had been knocked.
    Scared the **** out of me!!
    I was worried the ghost thought it had been me yelling at it..

EEEEEK!!!

So far the scariest story I have read.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

What's more sad is I busted out laughing at "Sam Wheat" LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ummm OK.......

No I have never believed in ghosts... I hate the 'ghost' shows I have been in some creepy places and never seen anything that I would say was a ghost. I think the human mind fills in missing information, so if you are thinking there is a ghhost and hear something and it is dark your mind will fill in the blanks with a ghost....

Some of the stories I have cannot be explained away so easily. Sorry, but they can't.
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My great grandad (mum's grandad) came to see me multiple times when I was going through severe depression. He would come at night, and sometimes when I was lying in my bed he would pull my covers up around me. He would pat my head, and sometimes he would just walk about and I could hear him. It was always so comforting.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I took a poll and Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy all agree with me that there is no such thing as ghosts.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, I think there is too much out there that can't be explained any other way. My husband is the complete opposite, it has made for some interesting conversations.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe, Have had experiences all my life. Some recent. The universe is too magnificent and complex and we will never understand it all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hear wind, doors/floors creaking, and things outta the corner of my eye too. It must be GHOSTS... no wait it's not. DERP. Save the paranormal for the movies people. Coincidences and unexplained activity leave the weak minded with thoughts of ghosts and spirits. I could go on and on and on but I guess some people's minds just don't mature.

OK. Explain this:

My mom's best friend lives in a very, very old house. It was a stop on the Underground Railroad. When they bought it, they converted the attic into their bedroom, so they sleep on the third floor. On the first floor just off the kitchen is a small half bathroom. One night, they woke up freezing because all their sheets and blankets had been stripped off of them and they saw the blankets and sheets were in a line stretching toward the bedroom door and down the stairs. The trail led all the way down to the first floor and into the half bath where they'd left a candle burning and it was thisclose to catching the curtain on fire.

I'd say that's more than a strange noise or "something out of the corner of the eye." But keep up the condescension. You are smarter and better than the rest of us, for sure.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I completely believe in ghosts and many people in my family have had experiences. I also love to watch Ghost Hunters :)
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    OK. Explain this:

My mom's best friend lives in a very, very old house. It was a stop on the Underground Railroad. When they bought it, they converted the attic into their bedroom, so they sleep on the third floor. On the first floor just off the kitchen is a small half bathroom. One night, they woke up freezing because all their sheets and blankets had been stripped off of them and they saw the blankets and sheets were in a line stretching toward the bedroom door and down the stairs. The trail led all the way down to the first floor and into the half bath where they'd left a candle burning and it was thisclose to catching the curtain on fire.

I'd say that's more than a strange noise or "something out of the corner of the eye." But keep up the condescension. You are smarter and better than the rest of us, for sure.
    [/quote]

This is an awesome story!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who lived on Deal Island Md (which historically was called Devils Island, named from pirates a few centuries ago)
    Well, I went over one afternoon when I was about 17 or 18 and she had a little blind chiuaua. She had an addition of a bathroom that was added on to the house about 120 years ago and it got very narrow in the hallway (this is just what I remember about the house it really has nothing to do with the story) well, we brought the dog up 2 flights of stairs to the bathroom and shut the door while we were in her bedroom because the dog didn't like to be downstairs alone, She also put a baby gate at the top of the stairs in case he got out so he wouldn't fall. While we were in her bedroom we heard a loud yelp and a few thuds, Only to find that the dog had been tossed over the baby gate and down 2 flights of stairs! I am firm in my christianity and will probably be ridiculed and yes there is always the possibility that the bathroom door wasn't closed all the way and somehow he hurdled himself over the gate BUT I believe that whoever decided they didn't want to leave that house when they passed sure as hell didn't like dogs. I was invited to stay over but politely declined.