• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Don't count it because it dehydrates.

Prove it
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The whole color of your pee comment sealed it for me.

Thanks for the info!!:love:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So there are several different arguments that pop up when this is asked.

#1. Do you count anything other than plain water in your little tracker?
    This is simply a personal preference thing. Whether you do or not really only matters to you.

#2. Does caffeinated beverages dehydrate you?
    Every major medical association I've searched say 'No'. The water they add far outweighs any diuretic effect they might have. If you have a link to a credible source saying otherwise, I would be happy to change my mind on the subject. Until then I'll trust the people far more informed than myself on the subject.

#3. Is plain water any more healthy than 'x'?
    It really depends on what you are comparing it to. I've not seen any information saying that plain water is anymore healthy than adding a little flavoring or even tea. I really have no personal opinion on it. I've not see anything to show that plain water is any better you than tea or a bit of flavoring (ie MIO). Again, if anyone can show me any information that shows otherwise, I'd be happy to re-evaluate it.

^^this

Plus there are other benefits from drinks such as coffee (e.g. anti-oxidants), milk (e.g. calcium) and orange juice (e.g. vitamin C) that you do not get from water. So, it really does depend on the context.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Of course, I did find one person in the water business who felt very strongly about the benefits of water over other liquids.

waterboy_waterboy.jpg
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    grimm1974 and carld256 have repeatedly been a voice of reason though this thread of blanket statements, conjecture, mysticism, and outright misinformation. I posted this earlier in this thread and I'll post it again

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

^This is at the bottom of all threads for this reason. OP, please consult your physician before taking advice on hydration from keyboard "experts". There is also legitimate information that can be found online via PubMed.

Be well.
  • MrsHRogers
    MrsHRogers Posts: 24
    Options
    OK, I was trying to reply to the water into wine but it wouldn't let me. But basically, I love that reply! lol