Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options
Crystal0827
Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
I only have 2 small tattoos, one on my ankle and one on my foot. But I have fell in love with this tattoo that says love and has a heart around it, doesn't sound too cool but it is super cute. On the picture the girl has it on her wrist. I think it is incredibly cute and want to get one too but a few people have told me "it looks trashy to have a tattoo on your wrist" Now I know I am not supposed to care what people think but I also work for the local school system ( not at a school but a satellite office) and don't want it affect my job. Opinions?

Replies

• ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what others think! If you get it and want to cover it there's an awesome product called dermablend that covers tattoos. It's great for jobs :-)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are personal. Who cares what other people say?
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It is not trashy in my opinion.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    Nope, don't think they're trashy at all.
    But what is trashy to one person, isn't trashy to another. it's all relative!
    I have all my tats planned out for when i stop breastfeeding, and my wrist is one of them. :)
    You should just get whatever you like, wherever you like! :)
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Not trashy!! I'm getting a quote on my wrist so that I can see it all the time and remember it. Good place!

And if you want to cover it up, just wear a thick bracelet lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be concerned with what others think, a visible tattoo, like one on your wrist, my not be a good thing for you.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you really like it, but are worried about it at your job - cover it at work. If it is inside the wrist, most people won't be able to see it anyway.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my outer left wrist and one on my inner right wrist - couldnt give a damn what anyone else thinks of them - they represent things in my life so b*lls to anyone else!!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have small music notes on my right wrist and I've only gotten compliments. I work at a university and never cover it. :)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Definitely not trashy. However, keep in mind future employers may want you to conceal your tattoo while at work.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think all tats are ugly...I don't think ink looks good on the body, anywhere!!
  • kfhoffman12
    kfhoffman12 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist that is about 3inches in diameter. I have a very professional job where I am meeting with clients on a daily basis and have never had an issue. In all honesty, most people do not even notice it. Some familiy members, who are around me constantly, took almost 2-3 years before even noticing that i had it! :)
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    i dont think its trashy at all. my best friend has one on her wrist, its a really cute place to get a tattoo. hers is small, so you really cant notice it unless she points it out (i mean how much time do you spend staring at someones wrists? lol)
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Get it. If you love it, and you want it on your body, more power to you!!!!

I get compliments on my tats all the time and people said the same things before I got them done. It's just someone's opinion...and it's invalid. :wink:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    tattoos don't look trashy on any part of your body.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Just a side note: The whole "Love" tattoos on your wrist has kind of started to be a release for those that are cutters. Find a unique way to do it.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    tattoos don't look trashy on any part of your body.

This.
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My wife's wrist tattoos are not trashy at all. In fact, I think they're very attractive.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my wrist tattoo!

164585909n.jpg

I don't think it looks trashy at all, and no one has ever told me that they think it does, either.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Is it going to fit in with the life you see for your self in the future?

I mean it really doesn't matter what other think...it's what you think...but it does matter if you plan on getting a job or doing something that would hinder you because of the placement of a tattoo. So think about that before hand and don't worry about the rest:)

Btw I have 6