Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've had a flower bracelet on my wrist for 16 years. I get compliments on it all the time. I would say if you are worried about what others think I would not get it. I think tattoos should be seen, well most, and they cost too much to hide from sight.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I have a phoenix feather on my left wrist/forearm, and I'm planning on getting another tattoo right above it. It's not trashy! (Unless it's a trashy tattoo, haha)
  • minadee
    minadee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be concerned with what others think, a visible tattoo, like one on your wrist, my not be a good thing for you.

I agree. I wouldn't say it's trashy, but in a professional setting, some people may make judgments about it. I'm not a big fan of tattooes that you can't hide easily (ie, neck). I have a tattoo, but it's on my shoulder blade and I would never be exposing that area at work anyway.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I had a great job when I got mine, and got laid off, and got another perfectly great job after that. I wouldn't worry about it. Mine is "never again" in latin, with my starting weight in roman numerals, reminding me that I will NEVER go back there. :)

dmb0at.jpg

I love this idea...this is kind of what I want my next one to be like. I talk a lot about hope and strength so was going to get those done on my wrists in a script that can be read either way you're looking at it...but I'd like something like this also that symbolizes where I started and the fact I'll never go back.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options

This is NOTHING personal, please understand! But when you or anyone says you always get compliments on them.... random people more than likely will not come up to you saying how they really feel, they will keep their opinions to themselves.

Just keep in mind how you will feel about it when you are old and wrinkly ;) lol

And you know this because...................................

Please. Enlighten me as to how you're aware of what other people are REALLY thinking.
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 of my 5 tattoos are on my wrists. Not trashy at all unless the tattoo itself is crap. The one you describe will be just fine on your wrist.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm guessing you saw that on pinterest? Because I saw the same one there :) I don't think it's trashy at all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind how you will feel about it when you are old and wrinkly ;) lol

I'm not old and wrinkly yet, but I imagine I'll care even less about what other people think of my tattoos in another 40 years.

This is from my 4th birthday. My grandfather would have been in his 70s. I don't recall him ever being all, "Oh, dear...what must people think of the tattoo on my wrinkly skin." :laugh: And I never thought, "Ew, why does Pop have a tattoo?! He's OLD!" It was just part of who he was.

4yearsold.jpg
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    A have a star pattern on one wrist and a song title on the other (saeglopur), they are both on my inner wrists so not visible all the time. I don't think they're "trashy" but people who think they are probably think all tattoos are trashy *shrug* It's your body and you cannot please everyone.
    I have "tramps stamps" too and I am not trashy, at all. Well I don't think so....... :wink:
  • PiperMommy11
    Options
    I think all tats are ugly...I don't think ink looks good on the body, anywhere!!

And that's why you don't have any.. If you can't 'Appreciate' them.. don't get them.. but don't judge others FOR having them. And they are 'tattoos'.. not tats...
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It's wise to consider how it will affect people at work. If you work in a conservative environment, you need to be careful about the image that you project.

I would suggest that you should always consider the image you project. Your style, clothes, atitude and tatoos are the image you have chosen and people will judge you based on that image.

And I would suggest, F them. Live your life the way you want. Not the way others want you to. It's your life, not theirs. And most other people are lame any damn way. Enjoy and be happy.

(no offense intended at all. Just providing a counter point)

I think you are missing my point. You can choose whatever image you want to project as part of your life.

If its to have tons of tatoos, dress in whatever and have an F attitude as you suggest, that is ok. But others do have the right to judge you based on the image you have chosen to project.

And this is not one sided. If you choose to dress very conserveritvely, are quiet, do not swear people will judge you a certain way also based on that image. (imagine this person applying for a job at Newbury Comics)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

This is NOTHING personal, please understand! But when you or anyone says you always get compliments on them.... random people more than likely will not come up to you saying how they really feel, they will keep their opinions to themselves.

Please. Enlighten me as to how you're aware of what other people are REALLY thinking.

Telepathy, duh! :laugh:
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have my entire inner forearm done on one arm, but want a wrist tattoo on the other. I think if it's done nicely it doesn't look trashy. Besides, it's my body and that's the only opinion that truly matters in the end.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i can't have any tats that will affect my jobs... if you are special enough you will see them all
  • Amy271189
    Amy271189 Posts: 66
    Options
    You will always find someone who will think any tattoos are trashy. I disagree. I have a wrist tattoo which says Nan with two little hearts at either side. It means alot to me so I don't care what others think.

Do what you think is best Hun =)

Take care
    x
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't bother me. But then again I don't believe I have some divine right to judge someone else based on a tattoo.
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options

Telepathy, duh! :laugh:

Ahh!

Good to know!!

Guess I missed out the day they were passing out telepathic abilities.

Damn it!
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there are 3 trashy tattoos:
    1) Butterfly/flower/stars/chinese symbol on ankle
    2) Tribal arm band on a guy (well more stupid than trashy)
    3) Tattoo on the center of a girls back above her *kitten* (aka tramp stamp)

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's also different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.
    These are the types of comments to ignore. Not everyone likes the same things as everyone else. We don't condemn or call those "non-tattooed" trashy, stupid or tramps and they should do the same.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have five tattoos - and one of them is a piece that spans both of my wrists. I've never had a problem with them, and I have worked in the financial world for the better part of my adult life (read: banks and brokerage - back office and client-facing).

Tattoos are much less taboo than they once were. I think more people in my (bank) office have visible ink than don't.
  • TheCats_Meow
    Options
    But then again I don't believe I have some divine right to judge someone else based on a tattoo.

OMG, this times infinity!!!!!