Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If they are, I'm trashy as hell!

I have "Believe" on the inside of my right wrist. Honestly, no one hardly ever sees it unless we're talking in close proximity and I'm using my hands to gesture.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    nope
  • dlongshot7
    dlongshot7 Posts: 79
    Options
    I have tattoos on each of my wrist... I dont care what people think of me lol I also have blue hair, but thats besides the point. HOWEVER i do get some looks from the older generation. But my tattoos are very personal and I dont give a F*** about what others think. If its going to make you happy DO IT!! :happy:
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's wise to consider how it will affect people at work. If you work in a conservative environment, you need to be careful about the image that you project.

I wouldn't put a tattoo anywhere that would show.

Then again, I wouldn't put any on me. I'm tattoo free and will stay that way.

But I have nothing against tasteful tats on other people. Just be smart about what you do with them. It does matter.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are a very personal choice.

I have none but I have a decent amount of friends and acquaintances who have tattoos. What seems to be the consensus is that the younger people who get tattoos are very proud and happy with how they have "expressed" themselves. While the over 40 crowd (like me) see them in the mirror every day and think about how they are permanent and perhaps not the best choice they have made in life!

So, a tattoo on your wrist is not "trashy" ! But it is a place on your body that is public! And will be seen by everyone pretty much all the time. If you really want this particular tattoo? Perhaps on a shoulder? On a calf? Behind your ear (under your hair)?

This way, you have the tattoo and have expressed yourself, but you do not have this on a continuous display. Where, people may judge you based upon seeing the tattoo before getting to know you! Perhaps this not an issue if you are young, but unfortunately, as you get older, you will see/encounter more and more of this type of prejudice.

All the best!
    And, enjoy what ever choice you make!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I had a great job when I got mine, and got laid off, and got another perfectly great job after that. I wouldn't worry about it. Mine is "never again" in latin, with my starting weight in roman numerals, reminding me that I will NEVER go back there. :)

dmb0at.jpg
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I personally find wrist tattoos attractive and never gave it 2 thoughts until I was showing a co-worker what I wanted and was asking about what to get on the other wrist and then I received a bunch of "looks" and the convo began. I agree, who cares it is my body and I can do what I want to it. I was just curious how "judged" I would be.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have one on my inner wrist, not many people notice it really. I am an RN so am aware of the whole professional thing, I really want a big one on my inner forearm but am not sure how it would go down with work. Not trashy at all in fact am adding a new wrist tatt in the next couple of months
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOL I guess 'trashy' is in the eye of the beholder. My daughter has her boyfriend's name around her wrist. Course, I can take it or leave it but SHE likes it
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I like mine!!
    <
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    i have one, don't care what others say....it means something to me and i love it!!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eh, I have one on my wrist and honestly it's the one people tend to notice the least. People see the ones on my feet first.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I have my initial tattooed on my left wrist, with a dogwood flower. It helps with my dyslexia. :laugh:
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know tatoo's on the hip or bum are considered trashy or slutty (I don't :P)

But on the wrist I really don't see anything trashy about it :P
  • KDMC3
    KDMC3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos and I get all sorts of judgmental comments but I don't really care or listen to them. All of my tattoos are a reminder of something that means something to me.
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    If you wanna get it, get it! Don't get caught up on what others think. Besides that, I think it depends on the tattoo and not the location. I've seen really delicate-looking, beautiful tattoos on wrists that look great.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't consider them trashy. My husband and I have matching Celtic Triquertas with a heart around them instead of a circle on our left wrists.

edit: There, I changed my profile pic to mine. Hubby's red and shading is darker, but otherwise identical. He has to cover his at work due to an idiotic policy. Of course people THEN ask why his arm is bandaged. His usual response, "Rabid armadillo bit me."
  • jobarefoot
    jobarefoot Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a tattoo on the inside of both my wrists and have had compliments on them from a lot of people, including a very posh doctor!
    It's your body, decorate it however you wish.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Other than maybe neck/face tattoos, I don't feel that tattoo placement determines if it is trashy, that all depends on the actual tattoo.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not trashy!! My daughter who is 30 works in a 55 and older community as a waitress and a bartender in the evening and she has gotten one on her wrist......her employer wants it covered because of where she is...(he thinks the elderly would not approve), but they love it cause it is not tacky......looks very nice, if your worried about your job just cover it during work if it is big...