Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Who cares what others think, do it for yourself!

900d2f86.jpg
    0eeeba15.jpg
    19a4e625.jpg
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to work somewhere if having a visible tattoo was an issue. I can't see how it would have any effect on job performance. If someone can do the job and be professional, that's all that should matter.

I think the reason employers have this rule is because of what the tattoo might be of. It is a lot easier to say "no visible tattoos" than it is to say it depends on what the tattoo is of. A tattoo in general may not be offensive (well it certainly shouldn't be) but I have seen tattoos that send certain messages, and I can empathize with an employer's desire to want those tattoos covered.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure about a wrist tattoo, so I got a henna one done...a BIG one all around my wrist, and hand.

it was fun while it lasted, but for me, I wouldn't get one so big, a wrist on that could be covered by a watch/bracelet would be perfect.

Try that and see if you like it. Who cares what others think? I don't like some peoples' faces, but I don't go around telling them their face looks trashy.
  • AshleyPaige1987
    AshleyPaige1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinions of coure. I live by opinions are like *kitten* everyone has one. :) I don't have a wrist tattoo, but plan on getting one once I reach my goal weight.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I don't know about trashy, but I've seen a lot like that (that say "love"). So not super unique.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    To be honest I refuse to get a tattoo because I am fickle. But my cousin has one and she was fired from her job.
  • tammy1005
    tammy1005 Posts: 62
    Options
    Not at all! It's personal and you do what you feel comfortable with. Btw...I'm getting my wrist tattoo soon too!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't due to my career obligations. That being said if I could get away with it I would in a heart beat!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there are 3 trashy tattoos:
    1) Butterfly/flower/stars/chinese symbol on ankle
    2) Tribal arm band on a guy (well more stupid than trashy)
    3) Tattoo on the center of a girls back above her *kitten* (aka tramp stamp)

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's aso different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I agree! and how dumb are you gonna look in the nursing home when you are 85 and they are changing your diaper and you have this wrinkly tattoo above your wrinkly old butt?

Pretty sure, if I were 85 and getting my diaper changed I wouldn't give a *kitten* about what my "tramp stamp" looked like.

I would't care at that age either. I got my "tramp stamp" before they were even called tramp stamps. My husband loves it. I also have a flower on my ankle that I got when I turned 18, one on the top of my foot I got last year in Mexico, and one on the inside of my left wrist. I love every one of them and I don't care what anyone else thinks about them. It's my body. You don't like it don't look. BTW I have a very good job working for the government and they don't care about them either.
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So trashy!!!! Wrists are so provacative!!!!!

In all seriousness, wrist tattoos are my favorite tattoos :) I want to get one that says strength to signify all the **** people have put me through that I've have to overcome, and its only made me stronger :)

I also love "love" tattoos.. but I wouldn't get one until I found love because otherwise it would be a constant reminder of how my bfs always leave me for other people lawl
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have had my wrist tattooed for 5 years, it was just noticed by someone the other day, that person has known me for 5 years... so I don't think many people will notice it at all. The nice thing about a tattoo on your wrist is you can cover it up if need be, or show it when you want.

I work directly with customers and had never had any issues with having it but I have also worked for pretty open minded companies. If you really want it, do it.

Trashy??? Maybe to some - but I think its just a matter of personal opinion honestly. I saw the tattoo you are talking about on Pintrest and while it is a nice tattoo, I would look at changing it - give it a little personal flare so its yours.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Now I know I am not supposed to care what people think but I also work for the local school system ( not at a school but a satellite office) and don't want it affect my job. Opinions?
    Check your works policy. Where I work, all tattoos must be covered. Earrings simple, and other piercings hidden.
    One place I applied at in the past turned down anyone with identifiable makings.

Personally, I don't care for body art, but it's up to you.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you care what people think, I'm a people and I think tattoos on girls are HOT. The only down side is if where you work makes you cover them wrists are probably harder to hide. Therefore tell your boss to shove it and go get a tattoo. :happy:
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got our wedding date (me also with teal stars) on our wrists while we were on our honeymoon. I think if it means something to you who cares what anyone else thinks or where you put it. I had a meeting with a new boss and I forgot about it and gestured with my hand and he commented on it. He thought it was pretty cool looking so I think people are coming around.
  • gettin2fit2quit
    Options
    Nope, my first tat in 09 was on my wrist :) i hate the colors but its still a cute area for one!
  • tat2oodmonster
    Options
    I am covered about head to toe..I will be a nurse soon...don't let people's ignorance get to you. <3
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    While some jobs can be affected by tattoos (I just interviewed at a company whose dress code includes no visible tattoos), I know there are ways to cover up a wrist tattoo when necessary. A thick, snugly fitting bracelet or watch will do. I've seen some made of leather that look pretty good and don't slip around. A small wrist tattoo will be more discrete and less "trashy" (in my opinion) than a full arm, or "sleeve" tattoo, for sure.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's all about what YOU like.

Personally I do not like tattoos and I would never get one. However, I don't judge those who have them as "trashy"
    It's just personal preference.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there are 3 trashy tattoos:
    1) Butterfly/flower/stars/chinese symbol on ankle
    2) Tribal arm band on a guy (well more stupid than trashy)
    3) Tattoo on the center of a girls back above her *kitten* (aka tramp stamp)

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's aso different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I agree! and how dumb are you gonna look in the nursing home when you are 85 and they are changing your diaper and you have this wrinkly tattoo above your wrinkly old butt?

I don't see anything wrong with it. As someone else mentioned, tattoos are entirely personal, and anyone who doesn't like a someone's tattoo can kick rocks. Maybe the nursing home staff will realize that the 85 year-old with the sagging tattoo was awesome when they were young, and really lived it up. We're all going to end up sagging, anyway, so why not make it more interesting?
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i guess that means im trashy? i have "live love laugh" on my wrist. Always have people that tell me they love it. if YOU want it get it, you dont have to please any one else.