Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my wrist tattoo!

164585909n.jpg

I don't think it looks trashy at all, and no one has ever told me that they think it does, either.

I like that!!! I have a small pink bow on the inside of my wrist. My daughter and I have matching ones. I don't think they're trashy at all and your's sounds really cute too. I say go for it!!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is no, it does not look trashy. My sister-in-law is a former model and has one on her wrist. I promise you nobody has ever called her trashy. Many people don't like tattoos. So be it. I don't go around criticizing people who aren't. Each person's body is a temple... I choose to decorate mine. Don't let somebody else's opinion--which doesn't matter in the least bit--change your mind.
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hope not :ohwell:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Trashy...no, trendy...yes.

This comment ALWAYS irks me. Please, explain how tattoos are "trendy."
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like mine! Who cares what others think!!! Is it their body? NO...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
    ry%3D400
    ry%3D400
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    They are pretty easy to cover.

Tattoo
    IMAG0952.jpg

No tattoo 2 seconds later.
    IMAG0951.jpg

I love this!! it's soooo cute n pretty :)
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the pictures!!! I want to do both wrists I like "live, laugh, love" but not sure yet how to do to incorporated both wrists.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    No, unless it says something vulgar
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

In the past 5-10 years certain tattoos have definitely become trendy and I don't think anyone can deny it. The number of kids and young adults with their black-block tatts, dragons or Oriental script/symbols which are straight out of the book and the fact there are chains of tattoo parlours in the high street that sell all sorts of skaterboi paraphernalia. You can tell that these are peer tatts and I'm sure a fair few might regret their decisions in later years.

The other thing I see and I wonder if it's not fashion gone wonky is the number of young lads who are stretching their ear lobes. I wear an earring, I have done for many years and only once has it been commented on in a job interview - where it was mentioned I would need to take it off at work - and although I was offered the job, I knocked it back because I'd not want to work for someone so small-minded. But I do wonder how many of these youths will be visiting their GPs asking for lobectomies and corrections when they reach their 30s & 40s.

I know that appearance shouldn't be a hinder to a career nor is it any indication of a person's skills or intelligence, but few of us can afford to be so choosy and most of us will have to conform and compromise at some point.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the pictures!!! I want to do both wrists I like "live, laugh, love" but not sure yet how to do to incorporated both wrists.
    Live on your left wrist, laugh on the right and love on your left breast above your heart?
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    In my opinion, there are 3 trashy tattoos:
    1) Butterfly/flower/stars/chinese symbol on ankle
    2) Tribal arm band on a guy (well more stupid than trashy)
    3) Tattoo on the center of a girls back above her *kitten* (aka tramp stamp)

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's aso different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I agree! and how dumb are you gonna look in the nursing home when you are 85 and they are changing your diaper and you have this wrinkly tattoo above your wrinkly old butt?

Pretty sure, if I were 85 and getting my diaper changed I wouldn't give a *kitten* about what my "tramp stamp" looked like.

I have a tattoo on my lower back, but I prefer the term "*kitten* antlers". "tramp stamp" is soooo 90's.

p.s. the only difference between people who have tattoos & people who don't = the ones who do, don't care whether or not you have one.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's aso different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I agree! and how dumb are you gonna look in the nursing home when you are 85 and they are changing your diaper and you have this wrinkly tattoo above your wrinkly old butt?

So I'm trashy am I?
    And tbh if I get to 85 do you think I'll give a damn how 'wrinkly' my tatts are? Shesh.

And to OP. I've only ever had complements on my wrist tatt.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care what or where the tattoo is. the only part of tattoos that is trashy is those who get them for the wrong reason, aka because everyone else is. If you are going to get inked be creative or at least find an ink slinger who is creative. But then again i come from a long line of walking art pieces made of ink and piercings.

Ultimately do what you want to do if those around you can't handle your choice, with exception of substance abuse, then screw them. be you and that's all that matters. :smokin:
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options

Pretty sure, if I were 85 and getting my diaper changed I wouldn't give a *kitten* about what my "tramp stamp" looked like.

I have a tattoo on my lower back, but I prefer the term "*kitten* antlers". "tramp stamp" is soooo 90's.

p.s. the only difference between people who have tattoos & people who don't = the ones who do, don't care whether or not you have one.

^^LMAOOOOOOO @ *kitten* antlers!! I LOVE IT!!

I don't have a lower back tattoo...BUT that comment about how 'dumb' you would look at 85 with a lower back tattoo was......well.....dumb. :indifferent:
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I meant the inner wrist location was trendy, at least around my parts. In the hair salon that I worked at, I would say that 75% of the girls that worked there had their wrists tattooed, and I'm sure we all know that hair stylists can be trendy/trendsetters/whatever. It was like one after the other going in and getting script on their inner wrists. I'll also back up that comment with the fact that my husband is a tattoo artist, and for awhile I was hearing "blahblahblah...another wrist tattoo...blahblahblah."
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos but I don't think wrist tattoos in particular are trashy. What's trashy is what the tattoo is to me. If I were to get a tattoo, which I would never, I would get something like what you described.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Subjective. Everyone has preferences.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Only if you think so
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha If they are, I guess I'm trashy! I have a hummingbird on the inside of my left wrist. I love it and I get compliments on it all the time. It's just a silhouette... I think if it's simple, it's good. I like writing, but I don't like the big cursive stuff with filagry that looks like a blob from far away.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There will be some people that think all tattoos are trashy, and there will be some people that think your body is a blank canvas and you should tattoo the entire thing.
    So long as it won't hinder you from getting a job and you love it, then get it.