Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there are 3 trashy tattoos:
    1) Butterfly/flower/stars/chinese symbol on ankle
    2) Tribal arm band on a guy (well more stupid than trashy)
    3) Tattoo on the center of a girls back above her *kitten* (aka tramp stamp)

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's also different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I have a lower back piece that I designed as a custom piece for my 30th birthday. It's an expression of my faith, and the pieces that needed to be incorporated and its size meant there was no other location it would fit/ make sense. If that makes me trashy, I'm ok with my faith being trash to you.

I will join you in being trashy!! We can start a club :) I have a beautiful tattoo on my lower back that I got when my husband died. It is a pair of wings and a halo over them...it is tasteful and I love it. It says nothing about who I am, it does not mean I am a slut. But hey - if that makes someone feel better to judge me...have at it! At the end of the day I sleep well knowing I am not passing half-*kitten* judgements on someone I don't know.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

I would like to clarify that I'm not condemning back tattoos. A friend of mine has this wicked tattoo that covers her entire back from butt to neck. It's also different when you have tattoos all over and you're just using the available skin. However, if you only have one tattoo on your back, putting it on the area just above your *kitten* is super trashy.

I have the Predator stood on an Alien head at the top of my bum, going halfway up my back - is that still a "tramp stamp"?
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    I work for a school district....Full sleeve on one arm about 60% on other.
    I'm doing fine and I'm a gram-pa as well.
    Mine are not faded out or wrinkled up.
    You do for you!!! No one's opinion matters. Be true to yourself!!

well played my friend...that is definitive and should end the conversation...there is no legitamate argument to that....good response!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No. My cousin has "What goes around, comes around" tattooed around her wrist like a bracelet

And I am having this one done for my fiance (his name)

2012-05-17122417.jpg
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are personal. Who cares what other people say?

This
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    Get it. If you love it, and you want it on your body, more power to you!!!!

I get compliments on my tats all the time and people said the same things before I got them done. It's just someone's opinion...and it's invalid. :wink:

This is NOTHING personal, please understand! But when you or anyone says you always get compliments on them.... random people more than likely will not come up to you saying how they really feel, they will keep their opinions to themselves.

Just keep in mind how you will feel about it when you are old and wrinkly ;) lol

This does not make sense to me. If a random person comes up and compliments me on my tattoos, I'm pretty sure they mean it. Why else would they come up to me? I see quite a few people with tattoos that I don't think are nice looking, and I'm not going to go up to them and say wow, nice tattoo, I like it, if I don't. I'm just going to keep walking...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Hmm... I wonder why you would consider the above criteria for tattoos trashy or stupid, yet find a full-back design so appealing?

I have a quasi-tribal armband. It's an infinite Celtic knot that I designed myself. The tryskelion is not my own design, but I did adapt it. Both of my tattoos are deeply personal.

MyTatts2.jpg

And as for the so-called "tramp stamp" - well to say I find the term offensive would be an understatement.
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    Tattoos are not for other people.
    They are for yourself.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would ask your boss what he thinks.... down here there are alot of places of work that tattoos fall under the dress code still and certain places require that tattoos not be visible.... but in my opinion... not trashy... its ur body..
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Well, employers do.

I sent a 2nd photographer home because she didn't wear appropriate clothing to cover her tats.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Trashy...no, trendy...yes.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Def not trashy. Unless it says HEFTY or something...get it...HEFTY..:laugh:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be concerned with what others think, a visible tattoo, like one on your wrist, my not be a good thing for you.

I think this too. Some people have no issue with showing, but if you do, its probably best that you don't KWIM?
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    As far as employers go, I think it depends on where you live. I live in Portland Oregon and employers would be hard pressed if they only hired people with no visible tattoo's. They're pretty much everywhere here.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Noopppe.

I have tattoos on the inside of both of my wrists.

My right wrist says "show no love"
    My left wrist says " feel no pain"

I work for County Counsel, I dont cover them and they have never asked me to.

If you like it I say go for it.
    If you wanna hide it, thats what bracelets are for.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    People who are on here talking about how trashy ALL tattoos are really shouldnt be on here. Lol.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    They are pretty easy to cover.

Tattoo
    IMAG0952.jpg

No tattoo 2 seconds later.
    IMAG0951.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    wrist.jpg

and my MOH has angel wings on her wrist, and my Bridesmaid has a feather on her wrist.
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options

Well, employers do.

I sent a 2nd photographer home because she didn't wear appropriate clothing to cover her tats.

That is totally understandable. If you know what your company's policy is, then it should be abided by. I work in a bank. For years, no one said anything about my tattoos, then a girl who loved drama, started complaining so they said they needed to be covered up. So now I make sure I keep a sweater handy if I'm not wearing long sleeves. I have almost a full sleeve on one arm and half sleeve on the other.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to work somewhere if having a visible tattoo was an issue. I can't see how it would have any effect on job performance. If someone can do the job and be professional, that's all that should matter.