Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    If your getting text it can actually look very pretty and classy.
    Just get a nice cursive text, and to be honest I don't think tattoo's are trashy, it's body art and things like this and mod mods have been around for ages. I just think a tattoo should have MEANING other than looking cool. Go for it!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Did anyone say yes yet cuz I dont want to get ganged up on.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't know about trashy, but I've seen a lot like that (that say "love"). So not super unique.

Why does every tattoo have to be "unique"? Who's to say that while a certain tattoo may seem common to someone else, it doesn't hold a special meaning to the person who got it?
  • tat2oodmonster
    Options
    "Tattooed Family Man"
    "Tattooed Mother"
    "Mom with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Employee"
    "Tattooed Co-Worker"
    "Sister with Tattoos"
    "Brother with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Friend", etc.
    And the problem is?

The problem is using "tattooed" as an adjective!

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that people with tattoos don't care if you're tattooed or not.

If you have tattoos, enjoy being a colored person. If you don't, that's fine - your choice, but keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody's asking you.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Or! How about the fact that when we are all old and crusty almost everyone will have had tattoos, so it won't be weird to look at old people with saggy tattoos, it will be VERY normal.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    "Tattooed Family Man"
    "Tattooed Mother"
    "Mom with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Employee"
    "Tattooed Co-Worker"
    "Sister with Tattoos"
    "Brother with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Friend", etc.
    And the problem is?

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that people with tattoos don't care if you're tattooed or not.

If you have tattoos, enjoy being a colored person. If you don't, that's fine - your choice, but keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody's asking you.

I cant wait to see you when you're 80
  • sullykat
    Options
    "Tattooed Family Man"
    "Tattooed Mother"
    "Mom with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Employee"
    "Tattooed Co-Worker"
    "Sister with Tattoos"
    "Brother with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Friend", etc.
    And the problem is?

I cant wait to see you when you're 80

I think she'll be as sexy as she is now.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I don't know about trashy, but I've seen a lot like that (that say "love"). So not super unique.

Why does every tattoo have to be "unique"? Who's to say that while a certain tattoo may seem common to someone else, it doesn't hold a special meaning to the person who got it?

That's cool, but most people at least say they want something unique. I moderate a tattoo board on another website, and have seen a lot of tattoos. So I was just putting my two cents in. But it's always fun when a noob jumps all over someone for their opinion, thanks!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I think it just depends on what you get. I do think some words are a little trendy but I don't dislike them...just aren't for me.

I have a large wrist cuff that wraps all the way around. It's a pattern done with a small design I used on my wedding invitations. It's all in brown and looks like henna. I really like it.
  • jennismagic
    Options

That's cool, but most people at least say they want something unique. I moderate a tattoo board on another website, and have seen a lot of tattoos. So I was just putting my two cents in. But it's always fun when a noob jumps all over someone for their opinion, thanks!

Oh, jeez. Dude, it's a discussion. People are going to question what you say from time to time. There's no need to take it personally. Personally, I like to have my way of thinking challenged, it helps me grow as a person. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't put personal opinions out there for other people to discuss.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am covered about head to toe..I will be a nurse soon...don't let people's ignorance get to you. <3

Curious as to why people having differing opinions is automatically ignorance?

OP if you fell in love with the tattoo then go for it!! But you should check work policies just in case!
  • jennismagic
    Options
    I am covered about head to toe..I will be a nurse soon...don't let people's ignorance get to you. <3

OP if you fell in love with the tattoo then go for it!! But you should check work policies just in case!

I can't speak for people with tattoos (yet), but in my experience, the problem isn't the opposing opinion. It is the way the opinion is delivered. If someone is very condescending, uninformed, and presumptuous about something that doesn't involve them, I think it's fair to call them ignorant.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

I can't speak for people with tattoos (yet), but in my experience, the problem isn't the opposing opinion. It is the way the opinion is delivered. If someone is very condescending, uninformed, and presumptuous about something that doesn't involve them, I think it's fair to call them ignorant.

Did you take your profile pic underwater?
  • sullykat
    Options

I once got questioned about my tattoos from a man who I did not know, but was very good friends with some family members who were involved in the conversation. I told him why I chose what I did, and how personal it is to me and his response? A VERY sarcastic "whatever sense that makes…?" People can be VERY rude about these things. I certainly did not ask this man's opinion of my tattoos, but he certainly chose to tell me. I probably should have told him what I thought of his suit...
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone has given any condescending opinions though from what I have read though. The OP didn't specifically ask the opinion of only those people who have tattoos but yes it is true that many will give opinions when they are not asked or not included to participate in a discussion and that does make them seem ignorant.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

I once got questioned about my tattoos from a man who I did not know, but was very good friends with some family members who were involved in the conversation. I told him why I chose what I did, and how personal it is to me and his response? A VERY sarcastic "whatever sense that makes…?" People can be VERY rude about these things. I certainly did not ask this man's opinion of my tattoos, but he certainly chose to tell me. I probably should have told him what I thought of his suit...

I cant tell if you have visible tattoos or not, but if you do, then what do you expect? They are a conversation piece weather you like it or not. You sound like one of those girls who gets mad at guys who stare at their t*ts when they are wearing a shirt that shows 80% cleavage. Did you really get those tattoos so people WONT look at them? No. Then expect questions about them.
  • jennismagic
    Options

I cant tell if you have visible tattoos or not, but if you do, then what do you expect? They are a conversation piece weather you like it or not. You sound like one of those girls who gets mad at guys who stare at their t*ts when they are wearing a shirt that shows 80% cleavage. Did you really get those tattoos so people WONT look at them? No. Then expect questions about them.

God forbid that people mind their own business. Banish the thought! "You were asking for it, man".
  • jennismagic
    Options

I don't think anyone has given any condescending opinions though from what I have read though. The OP didn't specifically ask the opinion of only those people who have tattoos but yes it is true that many will give opinions when they are not asked or not included to participate in a discussion and that does make them seem ignorant.

I was referring to life outside of internet forums, but it applies to them as well.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

God forbid that people mind their own business. Banish the thought! "You were asking for it, man".

Curiousity is human nature. And since when is it a crime to ask someone about thier ink?
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't know HOW a wrist tattoo can be considered trashy unless it says "*kitten* me" or something....

If you want one, get it, who cares what people think, the only persons opinion that matters is your own.