Then I'm hella trashy:

tattoooooooo4.jpg

70190f24bcde89a759ce63436cd58952.jpg

806b7f91.jpg

c740f591.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Ink doesn't bother me in the least, my husband has a fair amount. I have heard something negative said about them, that they are the new tramp stamp.

Do I think that? No. I guess there are a few people that do. Just ignore those people.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    as long as it isn't a neck tattoo. :noway:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    wonder if she ever got one...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos on both my wrists, who cares what people think.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are personal. Who cares what other people say?

future employers?
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I don't think they look trashy at all. I'm planning on getting one on my wrist at some point.

As others have said, do it for you. If you like it then who cares what anyone else thinks? You're the one that has to live with it on your body for the rest of your life.

As far as what people at work think, I guess it is wise to consider what they'll think if that's important to you. I checked to see if my employer had a policy against it before getting a facial piercing. They don't. If they did, I still would have gotten the piercing and found another job. It's why I won't work at Starbucks. I'd love the discount, but they have a strict policy against body modification. My personal beliefs prevent me from working for anyone that would have a policy against body modification. Not everyone feels as strongly about it as I do, and would therefore take their employer's thoughts into consideration. Check if your employer has a policy on it, and if not, you're good to go.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i personally thing all tatoos look trashy....why would you do that to yourself? why draw attention to yourself this way?
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    i personally thing all tatoos look trashy....why would you do that to yourself? why draw attention to yourself this way?

Haha, I don't think that's the thought process people go through when they get tattoos. I think it's more along the lines of having art that you can take with you everywhere. Tattoos are usually not based on "how are random people on the street going to judge me when they see my tattoo?"

One thing about small wrist tattoos is make sure they're done by a good professional. Since they're so small and in such a small area they tend to blow out or the ink tends to bleed after only a couple of years if they're not done by someone who knows what they're doing.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    wonder if she ever got one...

lol

I mean, it's been a year..
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the previous 10 pages.... but I wouldn't get a wrist tatoo if you are planning to work in an 'office' setting. Many people will strereotype you as trashy / &/or thug.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them, but I don't think its a good idea.

That's funny because I am an office administrator and I have a wrist tattoo, both forearms, a collar bone and my upper arm tattood (I have more but they are seldom visable) and none of them have ever been an issue for me.

I have worked with the public, I have worked internally and I go for business lunches with high ups in our company, I deal with our major clients and do business lunches with them as well.

Add to that I currently have lilac colored hair, and before that bright pink and a mowhawk with my ears stretched and piercings.

I think that some people are closed minded, office staff or not, i have very tasteful tattoos, they arefor the most part covered(unless its a million and a half degrees in the shop). I think if the tattoo is tasteful and none offensive than it should not be an issue (I thought this prior to being inked as well).

People need to look at the skills of a person rather than their general apperance. however; If I woke up tomorrow and my company had a no-tattoo policy I would conform and I would ensure they were covered and not visable.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

I do it because I am an attention whoore.

Actually no i do it because its me, i don't do it to stand out (hell I think nontattooed folk stand out more than those of us with ink.)
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

why you think she is drawing attention? she likes art! I like art too! :tongue:
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    short answer.......no!
  • amieleighmac84
    amieleighmac84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hope not since I have one!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I work in a conservative company, and all tattoos have to be covered, even if you have to bandage over them. On the wrist, it would be hard to hide, especially at interviews. In a white collar profession, there are still conservative places that will frown upon tattoos. I would be hesitant to get one where it can't be easily covered in interviews. And saying you'll wear long sleeves is not good enough because if your sleeve happens to shift (ride up) it can still easily reveal the tattoo, and you may have to wear long sleeves even on hot days to cover the tattoo if your work place policy has that in place. And generally, tattoos on hands and faces and necks are frowned upon for business purposes because they cannot be easily concealed. Again, not all places will be like this, but there are still many conservative work places.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If so, I'm super trashy. I have an ankle, a foot, a shoulder, a back, a wrist and an lower-back/to the right tattoo....... #1 trash monster right here. Lolz.

In all seriousness, no it's not trashy. I plan on getting a full sleeve done at some point. I am going to go back to school to teach. As long as the kids and parents don't see them, no issue.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I honestly couldn't care less if they're trashy. My wrist tattoo is my favorite and it's also my favorite spot for tattoos on other people.
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    if you feel its gonna affect ur job then i wouldnt,i have a few but all of them can be covered up by a long sleeve shirt.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I was not going to scroll through and read all of this thread, however my response to the original question is this... Tattoos are art period. If you choose to get a tattoo wear it proudly and who cares what other people think. If you had to ask the question in the first place then it is my opinion that it is not for you.