Are Wrists tattoos considered trashy??

Options

Replies

• caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am covered about head to toe..I will be a nurse soon...don't let people's ignorance get to you. <3

Curious as to why people having differing opinions is automatically ignorance?

OP if you fell in love with the tattoo then go for it!! But you should check work policies just in case!

I can't speak for people with tattoos (yet), but in my experience, the problem isn't the opposing opinion. It is the way the opinion is delivered. If someone is very condescending, uninformed, and presumptuous about something that doesn't involve them, I think it's fair to call them ignorant.

I don't think anyone has given any condescending opinions though from what I have read though. The OP didn't specifically ask the opinion of only those people who have tattoos but yes it is true that many will give opinions when they are not asked or not included to participate in a discussion and that does make them seem ignorant.

I was referring to life outside of internet forums, but it applies to them as well.

I was actually referring to the post lol
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wrist tattoos are totally trashy. If you want to be classy you should get one on your face.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    wrist tattoos are totally trashy. If you want to be classy you should get one on your face.

Lmao!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have matching infinity signs on the insides of our left wrists. They're small and delicate and beautiful.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am covered about head to toe..I will be a nurse soon...don't let people's ignorance get to you. <3

OP if you fell in love with the tattoo then go for it!! But you should check work policies just in case!

I can't speak for people with tattoos (yet), but in my experience, the problem isn't the opposing opinion. It is the way the opinion is delivered. If someone is very condescending, uninformed, and presumptuous about something that doesn't involve them, I think it's fair to call them ignorant.

I once got questioned about my tattoos from a man who I did not know, but was very good friends with some family members who were involved in the conversation. I told him why I chose what I did, and how personal it is to me and his response? A VERY sarcastic "whatever sense that makes…?" People can be VERY rude about these things. I certainly did not ask this man's opinion of my tattoos, but he certainly chose to tell me. I probably should have told him what I thought of his suit...

I cant tell if you have visible tattoos or not, but if you do, then what do you expect? They are a conversation piece weather you like it or not. You sound like one of those girls who gets mad at guys who stare at their t*ts when they are wearing a shirt that shows 80% cleavage. Did you really get those tattoos so people WONT look at them? No. Then expect questions about them.

God forbid that people mind their own business. Banish the thought! "You were asking for it, man".

Curiousity is human nature. And since when is it a crime to ask someone about thier ink?

It may be human nature to be curious, but it's completely rude to hassle someone because you're a nosy Betty. That goes for tattoos or anything in life, really. No one has an inherent right to mistreat someone. There's a difference between asking someone about their tattoos, and judging them because they have tattoos. You should also note that no one is entitled to an answer/conversation just because they're asking.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

hahaha, love it!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I once got questioned about my tattoos from a man who I did not know, but was very good friends with some family members who were involved in the conversation. I told him why I chose what I did, and how personal it is to me and his response? A VERY sarcastic "whatever sense that makes…?" People can be VERY rude about these things. I certainly did not ask this man's opinion of my tattoos, but he certainly chose to tell me. I probably should have told him what I thought of his suit...

I cant tell if you have visible tattoos or not, but if you do, then what do you expect? They are a conversation piece weather you like it or not. You sound like one of those girls who gets mad at guys who stare at their t*ts when they are wearing a shirt that shows 80% cleavage. Did you really get those tattoos so people WONT look at them? No. Then expect questions about them.

God forbid that people mind their own business. Banish the thought! "You were asking for it, man".

Curiousity is human nature. And since when is it a crime to ask someone about thier ink?

It may be human nature to be curious, but it's completely rude to hassle someone because you're a nosy Betty. That goes for tattoos or anything in life, really. No one has an inherent right to mistreat someone. There's a difference between asking someone about their tattoos, and judging them because they have tattoos. You should also note that no one is entitled to an answer/conversation just because they're asking.

Thats fine, all I am saying is that the tattoo-ie should be aware that instances may occur good and bad where they will be asked. I didnt say they had to answer. BTW, the other day I saw a dude with 3-4 tattoos on his face, I thought he looked ridiculous, I dont know where i'm going with that but I just remembered it right now.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the 15 pages on this topic, so I'm most likely just repeating people. But as far as wrist tattoos go, make sure you really really want it there, no matter what it is. Even if you have an employer now who doesn't mind it, 5 10, years down the road you may have an employer who frowns upon it. My sister has a skull and crossbones on each wrist, and while they look badass, she's had jobs where she's had to wear wristbands to work to cover them up

That being said, talk to your employer and see what their policy on tattoos is. Some allow visability, some don't, some it depends on the tattoo itself (obviously yours wouldn't or shouldn't be offensive in any way so it shouldn't be a bg deal).

Overall, do it for yourself, if you like it there, don't listen to everyone else. Personally I hate small tattoos, but I still want to keep employment options open in the future so I have a back piece.

TL;DR?- Do what you want, but keep your future in mind. Any questions on tattoo visability-check your with your employer/future employer.
  • mandagraves
    Options
    Trashy or not its your body and your tattos.
    Who gives a damn of what they think. And plus.. The word is LOVE. Not.. DRUGS/SEX or writtin havesexwithme

Ok but seriously.. It you. You have to fell comfortable.. If you hesitated because.. Of job, or pain or regrets.. I understand.. But to be afraid of what other people think? No tattoos are a way of expressing yourself and standing out. Rebellion. Being different.

Just think twice. And no. I don't think it's trashy at all.

But if YOU look trashy.. Its a whole different story. Hahaha ;)
    But im sure you are not. :)

Good luck :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Both my wrists are tattooed, they're cute, a rose on one and a pretty pattern with hearts on the other.

I don't think they look trashy, a lot of people have wrists tattooed.

Do what you want but make sure it's something you really want because it's visible all the time. :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left wrist and it's pink it's a Japanese symbol meaning heaven. I love it. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. I wish I would've gotten it just a little smaller but I love it. I've had it for over 2 years now and my dad just now noticed it. If it's an issue with your job wear chunky bracelets or maybe like a 3/4 length sleeve shirt otherwise be proud and show it off. I plan on getting my right wrist done hopefully in the near future.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a winged heart on top of my left wrist (not that into getting names done, but I got it for my Fiancé) and I have 3 stars on the inside of my right wrist (represents my 3 nephews and nieces!) - They're both easily covered up and no-ones ever complained about them at work - and I work on reception.

I also have them on my ankles, my arm, top of my spine - which most the time you can only see if I wear a shorter sleeved top, or a skirt etc - so they're all easily covered.
  • billynight
    Options
    I don't have wrist tattoos but I have a tattoo on one of my arms dedicated to the memory of a family member. I work the night shift in a hospital and they have a no visible tattoo policy. I don't think tattoos are trashy in any way and people should be allowed to express themselves. However, if your job wants you to cover up there are some options out there. I wear Ink Armor tattoo cover sleeves. They work great and stay cool. You have to get the right size though and I'm almost sure they have wrist covers. Here's the link: http://www.tat2x.com/

I also want to say that getting a tattoo is a personal decision that should not be taken lightly. If you are going to get one think long and hard about the placement and size. I love my tattoo and would never consider removing as it reminds me of someone I miss everyday.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    < lol if they are then i'm screwed :laugh:

People say what they wanna say. But as long as YOU'RE happy with it, their opinions should be irrelevant.
  • BEMND
    BEMND Posts: 33
    Options
    Not trashy...I have my son's name on the inside of my right wrist & my ex-husband has it on his forearm. We both love them & our son loves looking at his name on us. I find tattoos (done well) are beautiful. Once I reach my goal weight I'll be rewarding myself w/ a new one.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted a small flower or star on my wrist well when i finally decided to get a tattoo on my arm it ended up being a set of praying hands w/ a rosary and says "In Gods Hands" goes from my inner elbow to my inner wrist so much for that small star . P.s. I never worry about what others say either!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with wrist tattoos - only neck tattoos. :)
  • retriev00
    retriev00 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the previous 10 pages.... but I wouldn't get a wrist tatoo if you are planning to work in an 'office' setting. Many people will strereotype you as trashy / &/or thug.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them, but I don't think its a good idea.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    "Tattooed Family Man"
    "Tattooed Mother"
    "Mom with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Employee"
    "Tattooed Co-Worker"
    "Sister with Tattoos"
    "Brother with Tattoos"
    "Tattooed Friend", etc.
    And the problem is?

The problem is using "tattooed" as an adjective!

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that people with tattoos don't care if you're tattooed or not.

If you have tattoos, enjoy being a colored person. If you don't, that's fine - your choice, but keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody's asking you.

The OP did ask us.

Having tatoos or not having tatoos is making a statement to everyone that sees you. Some will react positively, others negatively. I would think the OP was trying to gauge the types of repsonses she would get so she could make a choice.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos, 1 of them is on my wrist! I have 3 stars with a few swirls. I dont see nothing wrong with haveing tattoos on wrists, they look nice! It's your body, you do what you want with it, people dont have to like it but that's their problem not yours! :smile: