The poisonous oil, you must not eat

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I really think you should back up such a claim when calling a Physician a quack. Especially one so respected as Dr. Mercola. So prove it with regard to the post I referenced.

It's irresponsible of you to offer your opinion on this site without backing up such a claim.

Sorry this was in response to Thomasm198 comments on my post.

Mercola - well respected? lolz!
    SAra2kusf: Do you or have you EVER offered anything USEFUL to ANY conversation on MFP? For two days all I read from you is junk that plugs the forum and something everyone has to skip over to continue the topic at hand. This really isn't a good place to use as your playground.

You tell that troll where to stick it, hooray for standing up to bullies and trolls
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    True or not, I can tell you one thing. Canola oil smells worse when frying than all the other oils. I'll stick with peanut oil.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really think you should back up such a claim when calling a Physician a quack. Especially one so respected as Dr. Mercola. So prove it with regard to the post I referenced.

It's irresponsible of you to offer your opinion on this site without backing up such a claim.

Agreed!
    SAra2kusf: Do you or have you EVER offered anything USEFUL to ANY conversation on MFP? For two days all I read from you is junk that plugs the forum and something everyone has to skip over to continue the topic at hand. This really isn't a good place to use as your playground.

Maybe you should pull your head out of your *kitten*. You might actually learn something.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options

REPORTED!

Maybe you should pull your head out of your *kitten*. You might actually learn something.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

You tell that troll where to stick it, hooray for standing up to bullies and trolls
    Agreed, probably not enough MILF oil in their diet.:smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Been here two days - knows all about my posts....yep.

Also - ironic post is ironic!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Agreed, probably not enough MILF oil in their diet.:smile:

STILL waiting for that information.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

She's one of the most helpful members on this forum and it would be in your best interest to actually pay attention to the information she provides.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Larff.
    The irony is delicious.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Dr. Mercola is a quack and I would suggest that nobody listen to him, ever.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/02/01/joe-mercola-proof-positive-that-quackery/
    http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2008/08/28/mercola-still-lying/
    http://greenroomthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/04/busting-dr-mercola.html
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options

She's one of the most helpful members on this forum and it would be in your best interest to actually pay attention to the information she provides.

Agreed.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I agree. I hate having to skip over all of her informative posts to get to the newbies and trolls. How dare she provide thousands of helpful and useful posts. She even has a group dedicated to no-BS nutrition and fitness information. What a *kitten*.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Without Canola oil, I have no tortillas.

Without tortillas, I am not happy.

I will continue to be happy, with tortillas and canola oil.

I think you would be just as happy if not more so with peanut oil. (I am a proffesional chef btw) It has many of the same smoke point and texture characteristics.

Nah, peanuts = legumes and paleo man didn't eat legumes ergo legumes are bad :tongue:

:laugh:
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Wait, is this sarcasm???
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Peanut oil is my second favorite oil, nothing tops good old extra virgin olive, though. I only use peanut oil for peanut butter or "wok-ing." Just pan fried some flounder in extra virgin olive oil, with my absolute favorite fish breading, good old Ritz cracker crumbs. A bit of salt, a squeeze of lemon, and perfect.

Canola oil isn't bad per se, there's just no need for it, other than it's cheap. Olive oil, peanut oil, butter, that's pretty much all you need.

Three cheers for peanut oil! :drinker:
    What if you're allergc to peanuts?

Um.... then you probably want to steer clear of the peanut oil. :huh:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Canola oil should not be eaten. PERIOD.

Unfortunately its in freaking everything. If you chose to aviod it you pretty much have to give up processed foods all together.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I cook everything in whale oil.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    is this like the old rape oil thread again?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/801036-eating-rape-oil?hl=rape+oil

:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Canola oil should not be eaten. PERIOD.

Unfortunately its in freaking everything. If you chose to aviod it you pretty much have to give up processed foods all together.

Giving up processed foods wouldn't be the worst idea ever, but why do you think canola oil shouldn't be eaten?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to see if there was any more MILF oil discussion.