Couch - to - 5k Running Plan

Options
15678911»

Replies

• AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    :embarassed: I didn't start week 2 as planned yesterday. When my alarm went off at 6:30 I just knew I wasn't getting out of bed since I stayed up way way too late the night before talking with my boyfriend. I figured I would start when I was done with my homework for the night :frown: I was wrong. I should have done it right after getting home from class because by the time I was finished with my homework it was 9 :noway: So I ended up taking another rest day yesterday. Today I'm going to really push myself to do my strength training that I haven't done in a long time. Tomorrow morning I will get up and do day 1 of week 2 before I have my hair cut appointment at 11:30.

On the bright side I have renewed energy to complete day 1 of week 2 because when I went on the scale it read 172, that's a 2 pound loss from last week. I was pleasantly surprised since I wasn't thinking I would see a loss at all :bigsmile:

Kaylou - I say give it a shot and if you think it's too much then just go back and do a day of week 2 or something. Don't push yourself too hard but don't be afraid to try.

Selby - That's great that you were able to run without shin splints!! Don't be nervous, I'm going to be starting tomorrow so I can hopefully let you know how it goes. But since everyone is different I'm not sure my experience will be a good indicator of how it'll go for you. I'm sure you can do it though, just have to get past the mental road block.

Toots - You're just giving the rest of us a chance to catch up to you so we can all do week 6 together :wink: :laugh:

Have a great day everyone!! Keep movin'!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Toots, I'll be starting week 5 tonight. I hope I can do it. :tongue:
    Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Sellby, don't worry you'll do fine on w2. I repeated w1 also but only had to do w2 once before proceeding to w3. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good luck with week 5 momma :) Im off to do the 2 10minute runs on W6D2 tomorrow at 6am so i'll check back and let you know how it goes (eek) I know i did the 20 minute run but took a couple breaks but now Im doing it all over again lol :)

keep plugging through guys....I know we can all do it :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    How'd it go Momma?
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm sorry to report I didn't get out of bed this morning to start week 2 even though I was really going to push myself after seeing a 2 pound loss yesterday. Now I can't workout until Sunday. I just got a hair cut and want to keep it nice the way my hair guy did it so that it looks good for my boyfriend tomorrow. I did take a walk with my friend and her 2 dogs so I did something today I guess.

How did it go Momma?

How did W6D2 go Maddie?
  • mommared53
    Options
    WOW! I can't believe I did so good on w5d1. I was looking at the schedule and thinking I had to run 5 min. then 3 min, then 5 min. then 3 min. then 5 min. Come to find out the 3 min. runs were actually my walks. :laugh: Silly me. :blushing: But after I was done with the last 5 min. run I felt like it wasn't so bad after all. :bigsmile: During the first two 5 min runs I almost quit and started walking before they were over but I pushed through them.

I'm so excited to have come as far as I have so far.

Good luck on Sunday Amy and congratulations on your 2 pound loss. :flowerforyou:

How did you do on your 2 10 min. runs Maddie?

Everyone, keep going. I know we can do it. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    W6D2 was good. i ended up walking for 30 seconds a couple times but i just find it is a little too hard to run the whole time 10 minutes. I also didnt get to run today as I was in a wedding on saturday and did something to my knee. right now whenever i walk or go up the stairs, my knee cracks and seems to be telling me to take it easy.

I am going to try and attempt a shorter run tomorrow and then do the W6D3 on wednesday. I am hopeing that tomorrow doesnt hurt too much!!!! Grrr I hate feeling sidetracked/sidelined!!! I just want to keep motoring on!!!!
  • mommared53
    Options
    I downloaded some songs I like to run the 20 minutes for w5d3 tomorrow. I don't know if I can make it or not but I guess I'll give it a try. I was going to try to do the two 10 minute runs of w6d2 but dd convinced me I should do the 20 minute run instead. If I can do w5d3, then w6d1 and 2 should be a cinch. I'm so excited about running.

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

Betty