RED HIGH HEELS GROUP Week 2

Options

Replies

• denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    YAY!!! I was down a pound today!! Very excited-nice birthday present!

YEAHHHHHH!!! Way to go, congrats!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :flowerforyou:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

Congrats!! and Happy Birthday! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    happy happy birfffffday!!!!!! and congrats on the loss of a pound :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: *party hats for all*
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

happy birthday chrissy! that is an awesome present!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: Congrats!!!!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!!!

Did everyone get their 7 hours last night?? I sure as he11 didn't.
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Indeedy I did!! Sorry too hear you didn't get the full 7, jbuerer!! :grumble: That's poopy!!

Today's challenge is to try a new food, correct?? Well, I KIND of am trying a new one right now...a new flavor of Yoplait light yogurt, anyway lol! :laugh: Lemon Cream Pie, yummy!!! But I have tried several new recipes over the past week that I thoroughly enjoyed....Emeril's Shirred Eggs (with a few healthier changes to ingredients lol) and it was YUMMY....as well as a Sweet Corn and Cheddar Souffle recipe in this month's Shape mag....OMG I gotta post that recipe for you gals, it was FANTABULOUS!!! :love:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Indeedy I did!! Sorry too hear you didn't get the full 7, jbuerer!! :grumble: That's poopy!!

Today's challenge is to try a new food, correct?? Well, I KIND of am trying a new one right now...a new flavor of Yoplait light yogurt, anyway lol! :laugh: Lemon Cream Pie, yummy!!! But I have tried several new recipes over the past week that I thoroughly enjoyed....Emeril's Shirred Eggs (with a few healthier changes to ingredients lol) and it was YUMMY....as well as a Sweet Corn and Cheddar Souffle recipe in this month's Shape mag....OMG I gotta post that recipe for you gals, it was FANTABULOUS!!! :love:

YUMMMMY sounds great can't wait to try it.
  • denitchy
    Options

YUMMMMY sounds great can't wait to try it.

I second that... bring it on Sista!!!! :bigsmile: LOL
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Good thing I saw your post. I'm running to the store right now, and it just reminded me to get something funky... lol
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    How about trying a new combination of foods? :wink: I don't think there is a food that I haven't tried at least once.... and I bought everything for this recipe last weekend so I'm going to make it tonight....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=592277

YUM! it sounds kinda wierd but anything with cheese and bacon in it MUST be good.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • denitchy
    Options
    How about trying a new combination of foods? :wink: I don't think there is a food that I haven't tried at least once.... and I bought everything for this recipe last weekend so I'm going to make it tonight....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=592277

YUM! it sounds kinda wierd but anything with cheese and bacon in it MUST be good.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OH that looks so YUMMY!!! I am going to have to buy this stuff too... Thank goodness my son isn't a picky eater (except when it comes to cooking with mushroom soup :huh: ) and loves all veggies. Let me know how it turns out :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

Sweet Corn and Cheddar Souffle recipe in this month's Shape mag....OMG I gotta post that recipe for you gals, it was FANTABULOUS!!! :love:

Yeah, it was. My boyfriend got wasted with a friend of ours because it was his night off and he becomes like a giant 5 year old when he drinks and he stole my side of the bed. I never realized how different it feels to sleep (or not sleep as the case maybe) on the other side...

PLEASE post the recipe. It sounds delicious. I'm thinking about trying a tandoori chicken recipe.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So my new food for today might jsut bea dessert shot as my birthday treat! Haven't been to the store and not able to get there today and hubby taking me out so I walked/jogged 4 miles at lunch to be sure I have the calories available!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Here's the recipe, ladies!!!! I had to substitue some things and it still turned out great!

Sweet Corn and Cheddar Souffles

Serves 6 (THEY LIE!! I only got 4 out of it!:wink: )
    Prep Time: 30 min Total Time: 50 min

4-6 ramekins
    1 tbsp unsalted butter (I used 0 cal cooking spray)
    1 1/2 tbsp bread crumbs
    2 tbsp olive oil
    4 scallions, thinly sliced (I used a bit of regular chopped onion)
    3 tbsp all purpose flour
    1 c lowfat milk (used fat free skim)
    4 large eggs, separated
    1/3 c fresh corn kernels from 1 cob (I used canned)
    1/4 c grated sharp white cheddar (used regular sharp cheddar)
    1/4 tsp of salt (salt to taste at the end, it'll need it if you're a salt addict like me!!)
    Pinch of cayenne
    Pinch of fresh ground pepper
    1/4 tsp cream of tartar
    2 tsp chopped chives

Preheat oven to 375. Grease six 6 oz ramekins with butter. Divide bread crumbs among ramekins, turn to coat, and gently shake off excess. Place on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.

Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Toss in scallions and sautee for 2 min or until soft. Add flour, stirring constantly for 3 min. Add milk and raise heat to medium high-do not boil. Whisk for 4 min or until the mixture thickens slightly; remove from heat. (Don't mix it constantly here or it'll take forever to thicken)

Lightly beat egg yolks in a large bowl. Stir in a spoonful of the hot milk mixture, then pour in the rest. Stir in the corn, cheese, salt, cayenne, and black pepper and set aside.

In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until they form peaks. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the corn mixture. Add remaining egg whites; mix gently (a few streaks of white should remain). Divide among ramekins and bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are PUFFED and GOLDEN BROWN. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately.

Per Serving: (1 souffle) 170 calories, 12g fat, 4g sat fat, 8g carbs, 8g protein, 1g fiber,109mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 197 mg sodium

ENJOY!!!!!!! :love:
  • foxyforce
    Options
    i just realized tommorow is thursday! if anyone has any suggestions, throw them out there and whoever is on first tommorow and notices that there isn't a thread should post one!

i really like exercise challenges

in the crazy canucks group we just challenged each other to do as much exercise as we could that week...and then log in every day and report, so there was a winner. i did really well on that...i think i may be competetive!!

for daily challenges...i have no ideas, you guys are better at that than me, unless you want to repeat the ones we just did?

also. my new food today was bbq chicken..cause i never bbq chicken. i cheated...cause really, i eat chicken all the time, but not off the bbq! yay!:happy:
  • foxyforce
    Options
    lately i have been coming on when no one else is here, boo!

anyway, i am taking this really seriously now, no more off the wagon, it is way too risky. i followed hasiangirls advice and made myself a calendar with my goal on it...rather mini goals.

and i know weigh in is tommorow, so I am gonna work out!!! run for 15 minutes on the treadmill and i will see you ladies on here tommorow!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hey there, happy birthday Chrissy! My new food today was Paan bread. It's a mediteranean flatbread I found in the deli department at the store. Had it with artichoke and spinach dip. Yummmity yum yum! I did pick up a papaya to have (have never had a real one), but am full now after dinner. We had steak and twice baked potato and corn on the cob. And I found a no sugar added lowfat chocolate milk. Double yummmmm....
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    I'd like to join if that's ok with you ladies. I just came back to MFP after a long break (about 6 mo) and now I'm looking for a fun group to get me back into being motivated.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    I'd like to join if that's ok with you ladies. I just came back to MFP after a long break (about 6 mo) and now I'm looking for a fun group to get me back into being motivated.

i think it is totally fine, our goal is for halloween! we weigh in on thursdays and that is when the new threads are posted