This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Now that I have found MFP- oh no! This is how I stay accountable to myelf as well as my friends~ I know what would happen if I left for a day- I would be over double my calories for one day!

I feel the same way....when I fell off the MFP wagon it was a **** storm....I will never leave...even when I hit my goal weight
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a few good friends that I have known for a while and we are also friends on Facebook, and recently they haven't been logging on here, so when I see the "So-and-so hasn't logged in for a week, they may need some encouragement" comment on the news feed I will tease them and make funny comments and then tell them on Facebook that MFP is looking for them. LOL
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you have to log on everyday to keep yourself in check then you aren't really learning how to be healthy. What happens if your power goes out for a week, are you going to get fat? If so then you have failed to really grasp the concept. Let her go and try it out. There is not one right or wrong way to do this healthy life thing.

^^^^THIS
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to use it forever. I do plan on keeping in touch with the friends that I become close with though.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Stuck with this forever and thankful that I even HAVE MFP. I could never desert my friend. :-)

And, don't feel bad. I do the same thing with deleting friends...if they aren't dedicated, they aren't on the same page as me.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We are a bunch of obsessive compulsive, narcissists, if someone can do without this then good for them.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't have a reason to not use MFP forever. Even if I lose access to the internet, the app on my phone makes MFP accessible at all times. I'm super thankful for that. The food log has really put portion sizes into perspective!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    As you say you add/accept friends for support, presumably you're friends added you for the same reason. Possibly they aren't logging on coz they're struggling...wouldn't think it fair to just delete people at this point. This could be when they need most support. SO yeah, I tend to check in with my friends if they've gone AWOL!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Good question.... I guess I haven't thought that far ahead... but if I gave up MFP wouldn't I end up where I was before?

ditto... 25 lbs off and keeping it off makes me a believer
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I will stop after i reach my goal
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Life happens and sometimes people dont log in. If it is a long time friend I dont delete until 2 months. If it is a new friend and they have been logging in reg and then all of a sudden they dont I wait 1 month everyone is different
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    I cant really answer that. As long as I am able and energized to, I plan on using it. I hope that when I do reach my goal that I will continue to be a blessing to others and help them along the way.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'll be one of those people that sticks around for a very, very long time, I think. XD I am addicted!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Nope...not even entered my mind. If it doesn't exist, I hope there's something else just as fabulous that would replace it, but really hope it's always there.

And...I usually give people a few weeks before I delete, just to give them time if they need
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm a lifer. I don't trust myself on my own.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Life does happen. I wait a good long while before I delete. I'm glad my friends here don't delete after a week because I would be friendless by now.

I just got back from a monitor malfunction. My DH's died so he had to borrow mine.

I have been here for a while now and have hit goal and am in maintenance. I won't leave anytime soon. I don't log on everyday because quite simply......I work hard and am tired during the week.
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't need to "test"myself. I know what happens if I don't follow a program that helps me feel accountable to myself. When I think of all the money I've spent to lose weight, staying on MFP forever is a no-brainer. Love it!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    if they dont or havent logged in without a reason to be gone. i usually msg them to give them a moment to come back. usually they will either see it and will come back, others dont.
    but for the one that does. they come back. ^^

but, i intend to stay on here even after i reach my goals.

some friends come and go.
    i have seen friends that i have let go keep going, and they see me keep going.

some just expect certain things.

its whatever you make of it.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I actually just went thru my friend list and deleted some who havent been on in a month. I figure Im not really getting or giving support to them anymore so whats the point of keeping them on. Not trying to mean just trying to clean out and make room for friends that need support. I will continue to use this program forever so addicted and just becausee one day I may reachmy goal doesnt mean Im going to drop all these wonderful MFP peeps :heart:
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think the older I get, the more I realize it isn't just about "ME" anymore. Or what I need. And before I even say this, please understand, this is in no way a judgement of others who said they'd leave after they've met their goals. This isn't an attempt to look down on others. These are my own personal convictions. There's going to be a lot of people who "find" MFP long after I've met my own weight loss and health goals. I am definitely staying because those folks are going to need to know that it CAN be done. They are going to need encouragement not just from people on the same road, but those that have already walked the road and come out on the other side healthy. They're going to need the same encouragement we got and I think I feel a certain level of responsibility to reach out to them. Just my 2 cents.