This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I cant really answer that. As long as I am able and energized to, I plan on using it. I hope that when I do reach my goal that I will continue to be a blessing to others and help them along the way.

well said....with a lot less words than I use.....LOL.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think that I can stop logging my food and exercise one day.

I mean, I was a healthy weight up until 6 years ago without ever using MFP! I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong with MFP and get back to healthy habits.

Hmmmm...maybe once I've reached my goal and maintained for a while, I'll just commit to weighing myself once a month or once every two weeks. If the scale creeps up, then log calories again to see what's happening. Something like that.

I'd like to think I can learn portions and healthy eating and exercise and not need MFP forever. We'll see...
  • chris0085
    chris0085 Posts: 1
    Options
    :tongue:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You can check out any time at night, but you can never leave.

Welcome to the Hotel California...You can stab it with your steely knife, but you can't kill the beast..

Mirrors on the ceiling (OMG! NOT an aerial view). Pink champagne on ice. We are all just prisoners here - of our own device.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    To be honest, this is a great site but it's not my life. And by not logging in it doesn't mean that I'm eating my bodyweight in fried chicken and deep-fried mars bars - in fact, I haven't logged my food for a couple of days but I know damn well that I haven't gone over my calories.

So if a MFP friend didn't log in for a couple of weeks I'd assume that their life was busy - their *real* life, not their online life. I don't have a defined cut-off period and I don't intend to establish one. I like the people I'm MFP buddies with, and if they fell off the wagon and came back in five months, I'd like to watch them get motivated all over again! But it's waaaay more likely that they're busy at work or their kids have colds or they're on holiday or whatever. I don't stress about it!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i think its slowly becoming an addiction.. but. at the same time we know that things dont' work for everyone and sometimes we have lessons to learn or goals to achieve on our own. the only people i would probably delete are trashy people who talk filthy other than that i doubt i would delete
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I delete them unless it's someone I know irl. I'm not angry with them or judging them by deleting them - they clearly just aren't into the site anymore and not the right fit for me.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I dont see the harm in continuing to use it once you reach your goal, if to just make sure you are still within your calorie range to be able to maintain and not slip back into bad habits =/ Its so easily accessible its not as if I am going out of my way everyday to log.
    As for deleting people who havent logged for a while, one day they may come back and need the extra support which I shall (hopefully) be there to provide still.
  • midnight333
    midnight333 Posts: 149
    Options
    I am going to be committed to it definitely. My weight is a serious issue since I found this & I have been loyal. It is enabling me to help myself look forward to my goal pictorially each day. So far after joining at end of April '12 I'm down 10lbs it's very hard with MS and being sedentary. Send message or friend me if you want to support one another.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I want to thank everyone who reads and continues to post on this topic.It's amazing to see the many dedicated people on MFP. I use to be that person who said I would never take the time to log my food and exercises. I thought people who did it were wasting their time. I decided to join MFP after being on weight watcher's a few months before. I am not sure how the spark was lit, but I became a dedicated person to self-improvement. I thank MFP. I applaud those who state they will not remain with MFP (for various reasons), but I feel that by remaining after hitting my goal not only helps me, but I may be able to help the friends I have gained and/or the newcomers. There are many people who have signed up in just the last few days. The one thing we ALL have in common is that we signed up with the SAME goals in mind. To improve our health. I am appreciative of MFP and will show my appreciation with lifelong commitment to the site (even if it is no longer free).
  • CCloud5754
    CCloud5754 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP. IT NOT ONLY KEEPS ME ACCOUNTABLE TO ME BUT TO MY FRIENDS AS WELL.

I HAVE BATTLED WITH MY WEIGHT FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF DIFFERENT "DIETS". THIS IS NOT A DIET TO ME, IT IS A LIFE STYLE CHANGE. I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED AS SUGAR INTOLERANT AND HAVE TO CONTROL MY SUGAR INTAKE AND NEVER IMAGINED THAT THERE WAS SO MUCH THAT I WAS EATING TO SABOTAGE MYSELF. NOW THAT I HAVE FOUND OUT ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS I CAN HAVE I DONT FEEL SO DEPRIVED ALL OF THE TIME. I HAVE SO MUCH THAT I CAN EAT AND DO EAT. EVEN AT 1200 CALORIES A DAY I NEVER STOP EATING UNLESS I AM SLEEPING, SO I AM NEVER HUNGRY. I HAVE AVERAGED A HALF POUND A DAY LOST. MY DOCTORS ARE AMAZED AND HAPPY, THEY HAVE ALSO ADJUSTED MY CARB, PROTEIN AND FIBER COUNT AND EXPECT TO SEE MORE WEIGHT LOSS.
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    I don't know, i mean once I reaxch my goal I might not be on here as much but I will still use it to maintain.
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    TOPIC: This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP... wow.. this is a earth stopping topic!!!.. honestly who cares.. if people want to log or not or hop on or off..to each their own if you dont want to be their friend delete them!!! really not that serious!!! and not that big a deal that people want to try things with out the aid of something