30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    Can I still join 5 days late? I want to start back on 30DS tomorrow, I haven't done it in months but I might as well get it over with and start doing it again!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 1 today. I have found that actually wearing my running shoes helps with this whole jumping-all-the-damn-time thing. :) Last time I did this, I just did cardio of my own that didn't involve bouncing, and this time I am following the mad-woman.
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    Did day 5 yesterday on level 1 and day 6 today on level 2
  • Witchtripper
    Witchtripper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start today, can I still be in ;) ?
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have already started 30DS, do you do it everyday? I know the next day after my first day, my body could not move, I was in so much pain, haha. So instead of pushing myself too hard or causing any injuries I decided to do every second day until my body becomes strong and use to it.

JM said in an interview not to do it everyday but instead to divide it up as follows: 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, one day cardio, one day rest to avoid injuries
  • Kelene616
    Options
    I'm in! I started yesterday so today was Level 1 Day 2. I'm sore, but not nearly as sore as I know I will be tomorrow.

Oh and when I punch I already imagine punching Jillian's face. :grumble: This does not bode well for the next 28 days. I may have to turn her down and turn my own music up.

Lol.. I turn her down and put my iPod on! It seems like it goes faster that way.
  • Kelene616
    Options
    For all those who are suffering with sore muscles after ( I was!) I'll repeat my little tip!

I'm no expert, but I read it somewhere that if you do 15 mins gentle aerobics or dance (I do Just Dance on the Wii) after a tough workout it helps reduce the lactic acid in your muscles, therefore reducing the soreness the next day!

It really works for me, not sure if it will for everyone, but the difference for me was amazing! I was in agony after day 1, but didn't ache at all after day 2 using this method. :happy:

Also drink a cup of low-fat chocolate milk. It's been proven to be better than any protein drink out there. I really swear by it
  • Kelene616
    Options
    How do you all log your workouts?

This has been my concern. It's a rarely answered question. I've one person say they logged 30DS as 'Circuit Training'. I'm not sure how accurate it is, though.

Someone wanna enlighten us?

I'm pretty sure I posted this lol but... it technically is circuit training because it's divided into 3a minutes strength then two cardio and one abs then repeats. MFP is off on the calories tho so it really helps to have a HRM.
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    For those of you who have already started 30DS, do you do it everyday? I know the next day after my first day, my body could not move, I was in so much pain, haha. So instead of pushing myself too hard or causing any injuries I decided to do every second day until my body becomes strong and use to it.
    I meet with Jillian in my living room every other day as I'm over 50 and don't want to get hurt. I haven't felt the day-after-awfulness that others have written about. In between 30ds days, I put in at least a one hour session of cardio. This is imperative for me on all levels. Weekends are free choice meaning one or two rest days depending on what pops up.. Following this routine so far I can actually see long lost muscle tone resurrecting. I started only last week and like The Man said: "I Feeeel Good!"
    One point: since I abhore her voice and attitude, I like to keep earplugs with my own music going at the same time and keep Jillian to the bare minimum, just loud enough to know when to change exercise. Works for me. Good Luck!
    Also: a bit of easy going cardio for about 30 minutes after Jillian is probably what keeps me from hurting the next day. I think I read another person write this. It really helps and the extra calorie burn is motivating.
  • ladykat2330
    Options
    So had a rest day yesterday making today day 9 of level 1. Although I wouldn't call it a breeze I can now get through this ok and will be ready to move on to level 2 on Friday. For the first time ever I can feel my push ups in my stomach ( I think this means my technique has been wrong for years- cheers Jillian for sorting that out!).
  • cutenemo
    cutenemo Posts: 8
    Options
    count me in! although it's a little late ;) lol
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    Finished D1L1 today. I'm sure I will be hurting tomorrow but I decided against weights today to try and ease myself into it. I forgot how much I hate jumping jacks with big boobs.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    started d1l1 today if anyone wants to buddy up?
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't know what it is, can somebody enlighten me?

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred work out. You can download it through Amazon for $5 or so or find it on utube.

Thanks!
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have only just seen this post but I am in. Starting it tonight - 6th June. So just a few days later than the rest of you
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just posted in another thread, but I've done day 3 of level 1 today. It is tough but considering that never do much exercise normally I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I've been off work though so I know it's going to be harder when I've been at work all day! Determined to stick to this though, I need to!!

I don't know how your morning schedules are, but maybe try getting the work out in before going to work? That's what I do, because after work I rarely feel like that intense of a workout. I usually go for a walk/jog at the end of the day. I just find it's easier for me to make sure I shred if I keep it to the mornings. :)

Good luck!

Yeah I did think about doing it before work but I'm really not a morning person and changed my hours at work because getting up too early just ruins me and means I fall asleep as soon as I sit down at night. I'm going to try doing it as soon as I get in from work which is about 6.15pm then have dinner after. I never stick to anything but I really want to do it this time!!

You can do this! I didn't feel like doing it this morning...I felt so tired and cranky (it's that time of the month). When I don't do it in the morning, I do it right when I get home and then have dinner. I think that will work out well for you too. :) I do recommend muting her mouth!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Finished D1L1 today. I'm sure I will be hurting tomorrow but I decided against weights today to try and ease myself into it. I forgot how much I hate jumping jacks with big boobs.

I HATE the jumping around with big boobs...:( I'm thinking of just doing butt kicks during the jumping jack part...I don't know.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have finished Day 2 L1, and I am sore. I have muscles I forgot I had! :laugh: I actually like this kind of pain though, it makes me feel like I acomplished something. I remember from last time it did get easier.
  • 34Briarwood
    34Briarwood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred.DVD
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 done.

As a complete beginner to fitness videos (yes... really!) it wasn't as painful or irritating as I imagined lol

I am also doing EA Sports Active 2 on the Wii but not sure how to log these exercises into MFP. Should I manually enter the value of calories burnt from EA Sports into my diary? Anyone know how much calories burnt for Jillian Michaels Level 1?

I got into this because of hearing so much on MFP - I'm in UK and had never heard of her before lol

Good luck everyone!